Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

skin care and wrinkles

I had my sleeve on Dec. 6th. Most people who see me say I look great and the first thing they notice is that I am missing a couple of chins-LOL!:P Anyway, since my surgery, I have been "investigating" skin care and make up. I am 56 and I do not want to "age" because of my surgery. I know I will never be able to get plastic surgery (military will not pay) and I do not want to get a second mortgage-HA-HA. I am trying Philosophy Miracle Worker. It seems to be a good choice. Anyone else out there using it?? I ordered some bare minerals (the starter kit). Any opinions on that? I have dry skin, and according to the website, it works just fine for that.

Any opinions or suggestions would be appreciated.

B)

I tried Bare Minerals at an Ulta store, where they will give you a "makeover" and let you try it before you buy it. I found that it did NOT work with dry skin. It just made it seem even drier because it's just all powder. I continued using my "anti-aging" foundation and cream blush and have had no problems.

I haven't tried the Philosophy Miracle Worker so I can't offer an opinion on it. I use Olay Regenerist serum morning and night and can tell that my skin is smoother and less splotchy (not sure that's even a word!) - so I'm going to continue with it.

I've been using Bare Minerals for about 11 years and I LOVE it, but I also have oilier skin and it works great with that. When I do get little dry Patches in the winter, working that powdered stuff into those areas brings up the flakes BUT if I exfoliate well and go to bed with a good moisturizer on (I'm currently loving Bio Oil), it's fine.

I'm so tempted to start trying the Olay Regenerist stuff but can't quite bring myself to squeeze out the $$ for it!

I just got my first order of Rodan & Fields Soothe skin care system. My daughter has been using their Proactiv with GREAT results, so I thought I would give their "grown up" products a try. They also have an Anti-Age system, but right now my skin is red and splotchy so I want to calm it down first. Then I will probably move on to the Anti-Age in a few months.

I'm 47 and hoping to have my surgery in April. I figured I better start taking good care of my skin because even though I can't see any wrinkles under the fat, I'm sure there are some that are just waiting to show themselves after I lose weight!

I use bare minerals foundation, and I love it...I too started with the starter kit and was sold. I just recently started using a mac concerler for under my eyes along with my bare minerals, because I'm noticing wrinkles. And for the wrinkles I bought the new oil of olay regenerist eye cream. I use the regular oil of olay with the spf for the rest of my face and neck. Let me know how the miracle stuff works :)

I use to use the Bare Minerals. As for dry skin, I was told to put on a moisturizer and wait about 10 minutes then apply your base or powder. I finally could not afford to keep using the Bare Minerals but found that Avon's was very close and cost half the price. I am noticing my chins are gone but it is a bit loose in the skin so I am still looking for that miracle lotion to firm or tighten that doesn't cost and arm and a leg.