Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Texas Gastric Sleeve Buddies?

I'm a Houston girl too!

Hey MoreganK!! You're ticker shows some awesome progress!!!

All yawll Texans look'n good.

Hey MoreganK!! You're ticker shows some awesome progress!!!

YES! I am so very excited!! I was unable to weigh myself for a while, and just went to the doctor to discover a jump in my loss. I'm so pleased! It's resparked my motivation. :D

Hi everyone! I'm from north ft worth/Keller :).

Hello' date=' I am Bree. I live in San Antonio Texas. I was sleeved by an awesome team of military doctors and staff at Sammc. I am in dire need of a mentor and support system. Can't wait![/quote']

Hi Bree, I am Kali and am in SA too !I was sleeved by Dr.Harnisch and team at SAMMC I am 12 weeks out today :)

Hi Bree' date=' I am Kali and am in SA too !I was sleeved by Dr.Harnisch and team at SAMMC I am 12 weeks out today :)[/quote']

I'm so excited to meet u! I had Dr. Pfluke.... he is awesome! Sammc was amazing during my stay. That lemonade after surgery was quite tasty. ..lol. I'm bout 2.5 weeks out.

I'm so excited to meet u! I had Dr. Pfluke.... he is awesome! Sammc was amazing during my stay. That lemonade after surgery was quite tasty. ..lol. I'm bout 2.5 weeks out.

Dr.Fluke is awesome he released me after surgery bc my doc was running a marathon that day.He is very well received by nursing staff at the hospital :)

Hi sleeve girl' date='

I live in austin had my surgery in Houston by Dr. Garth Davis. I heard about the support group at St.David's at a support group I went to at Seaton. They said it was a good one. Their was only 5 people at the Seaton one I am going to try to make it look forward to meeting you! Hope theire will be more austin gals.[/quote']

I would like to join this group I'm south... do you have to be already sleeved? I'm march 14

I would like to join this group I'm south... do you have to be already sleeved? I'm march 14

Nope, it's open to those looking into it, waiting for surgery and those already done. As well as their support person. No kids is the only rule.

2nd Wednesday, 6:30pm

St David's North Austin Medical Center (off of Mopac near Braker/Parmer)

Classroom 2a (there will be signs, we're a pretty big group, usually around 30)

Im going for my last dietitian appt on Jan 31! The nurse told me my surgery date should be late feb early march ..I 'm guessing that means Im already approved by my Ins?? Anyways is anyone here been or is going to be sleeved by Dr. Robert Marvin in houston??? I live in Baytown 25 mins from downtown Houston ..Im looking for a Texas buddie close to me for some kinda support Im feeling all alone here!

I'm from Bryan' date='Tx. I had surgery in Houston, Dr. Erik Wilson. Awesome Dr!, so glad I had the surgery!! Surgery was on Nov 19th, down 48lbs since pre-op. Its very hard to get in all the liquids., I've had an ER visit for dehydration. Felt so much better after the IV's![/quote']

I'm from right down the road in good ole Navasota. I was sleeved in Bryan with Dr Mason on 11/15/12. Down 54 lbs! Nice to have 'met' you. Do you attend support group?

Hi peteyhereicome! I'm here in C.S. Had my surgery a year ago this past Saturday by Dr. Mason. It's been a great journey so far. Just wanted to say Hi to a neighbor!

Ahh I used Dr. Mason too! I am right up the road from y'all!

Howdy TXdjvsg. Nice to see more neighbors! Do you go to the support groups for Dr. Mason? I've been a couple of times but I had scheduling conflicts. 54 lbs is great! I'm loving how healthy I feel now.

Hello fellow Texans!

It is my wish for all of you that your journey is a sweet as mine has been so far!

This is day 9 post-op and I think things are going along really well. I was sleeved on Jan. 22 in Dallas by Dr. Nick Nicholson.

It helps, of course, that I have grear help at home. My husband could teach florence Nightingale a few things I will tell you!! Never has there been a more attentive, loving, funny, supportive nurse and cheerleader.

He follows me every step when I walk figure 8s around the furniture in each room - whether it is noon, or 2 a.m. Crushes every pill. Gives me every shot of Lovinox in my tummy. Times out every med and Vitamin. Counts every ounce of liquid and every gram of Protein. This has been an amazing process so far and I swear, I wouldn't trade one minute of any of it. He has built spreadsheets for this process so he can monitor everything I do in 15 minute increments for each 24-hour period - no, I am not kidding. It is awesome. He also did one to keep track of the meds. He has them all set up in a notebook. It makes it so much easier to keep track of the things we were told to do.

Yesterday, I managed to get in 58 oz liquid, 75 G protein, two Flintstones chewable vitamins, one blood pressure med, one lovinox shot, one Pepsid and about a mile on the treadmill.

Still have just a tiny bit of gas pain and am as sore as should be expected with such a major surgery but things are progressing well and I couldn't be happier. Have no idea how much weight I have lost and really do not care one little bit. I am way, way over the power of the scale and it doesn't call my name at all.

This isn't about the weight.

This is about my life.

Finally.

I hope things are going well for all of you.