Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So January 10th I had plication surgery in Mexicali, Mexico with Dr. Abril and Dr. Ham and their team. Today is 16 days post op and I feel amazing. I never, ever, not once had any pain. Not from gas that they fill you with or from swelling in my stomach or anything. My high weight from before going to Mexico was 272, today I am 248 and I do not know how many inches have come off. I was wearing a 22/24 depending on the style and I finally dug out my "skinny" jeans, that I haven't worn in over a year, size 20...they buttoned easily with room in the thigh and butt. I am walking everyday religiously. I am watching every bite I put in my mouth, I want tot maximum benefit for my body, no more chicken nuggets for this girl, EVER!! I am eating whatever I want, 2-3 oz. at a time. Chew Chew Chew till it's liquid and wait wait wait between bites. I am off breads and pastas completely. I am off sugar completely. I can see results and I never want to turn back. I started sit ups last night and only got through 10!! lol I also added yoga this morning to my routine, we will see how that goes. I am waling no less than a mile, about 1.5 mil, whatever takes me an hour. I haven't felt this good since I was a teenager. Oh, I am not sweating like a pig all the time. That is nice. I am cold more than I used to be and I take my temp regularly and my body temp is lower 96.7-97.8 seems to be my new normal temp. I asked if this was bad and was told no it's not. If anyone wants to pick my brain for anything I have not mentioned please feel free. Oh, mood swings!! I am a little more bitchy than before, but I have also quit smoking...so who knows what the root cause of my bitchyness is from. I'm really not worried about it. SEE Ya!!

So January 10th I had plication surgery in Mexicali, Mexico with Dr. Abril and Dr. Ham and their team. Today is 16 days post op and I feel amazing. I never, ever, not once had any pain. Not from gas that they fill you with or from swelling in my stomach or anything. My high weight from before going to Mexico was 272, today I am 248 and I do not know how many inches have come off. I was wearing a 22/24 depending on the style and I finally dug out my "skinny" jeans, that I haven't worn in over a year, size 20...they buttoned easily with room in the thigh and butt. I am walking everyday religiously. I am watching every bite I put in my mouth, I want tot maximum benefit for my body, no more chicken nuggets for this girl, EVER!! I am eating whatever I want, 2-3 oz. at a time. Chew Chew Chew till it's liquid and wait wait wait between bites. I am off breads and pastas completely. I am off sugar completely. I can see results and I never want to turn back. I started sit ups last night and only got through 10!! lol I also added yoga this morning to my routine, we will see how that goes. I am waling no less than a mile, about 1.5 mil, whatever takes me an hour. I haven't felt this good since I was a teenager. Oh, I am not sweating like a pig all the time. That is nice. I am cold more than I used to be and I take my temp regularly and my body temp is lower 96.7-97.8 seems to be my new normal temp. I asked if this was bad and was told no it's not. If anyone wants to pick my brain for anything I have not mentioned please feel free. Oh, mood swings!! I am a little more bitchy than before, but I have also quit smoking...so who knows what the root cause of my bitchyness is from. I'm really not worried about it. SEE Ya!!

I was re-reading what I wrote and I may have given the wrong impression. I have a Protein Shake in the morning about 6 to 8oz's and then only Water and diet snapple or propel until dinner, and then 2-3 oz's of soft food. I do not consume food at all during the day, only the Protein shake. The shake is 170 calories and what ever my food is the calories are minimal as well, so my diet is about 500 calories, maybe and I am burning about 200- 250 calories in my exercise. I don't know how "healthy" this small calorie diet is, but let me repeat, I feel amazing.

You are going to do awesome! You sound like you are doing just as i did and i hit goal in 5 months. I cute out bread and Pasta. I just started eating bread again and I'm still losing. I'm under goal and I'm a size 4 now. My highest size was 20.. Good luck girl!! Feel free to email me anytime!

I'm happy to see your still doing good! I'm all set up, as of today, to have Plication on Feb17th. Thank you so much for talking to me and helping me so much up to this point. I'm excited to meet the doctors and Omar. Right now my biggest concern is I will get down there and no one will show up to pick me up at the Airport or something. Feels like a huge leap of faith!

Hi Melani Leigh!

Do you mind my asking what your pre op diet was? Was it hard to stick to? I just started the 9 day pre op diet that is just Protein shakes and veggies for the next 9 days. I am already having wthdrawels and it is day 1!!!

Melanie,

No hunger pains thru the day? Are you avoiding bread and Pasta because of the calories w/o nutrients or because they bother you to eat at this point?

Who did your surgery?

Considering switching from Banding to Plication on the 3rd of March. I realize you did not have a Band, but any other comments or input would be welcome.

SD

Hi Melani Leigh!

Do you mind my asking what your pre op diet was? Was it hard to stick to? I just started the 9 day pre op diet that is just Protein shakes and veggies for the next 9 days. I am already having wthdrawels and it is day 1!!!

My Dr suggested 400mcg of Chromium Piclonate in the morning to help relieve carb cravings then a Metamucil at 10AM and 3PM to help fill your stomach. Have you tried either of those. I am on day 3 and surviving. Not liking it, but surviving.

SD

Hi SD

I had the band for almost 10 years. I had my band replaced, left empty and the plication done all in procedure on Feb 7. So far I'm very pleased with the plication. I've lost about 20 pounds so far and have about 70-80 more to go. I did a 2 day pre-op diet of all liquids and haven't heard of the Metamucil thing. Good luck to you!

Dr. Abril did my surgery, loved him and the hospital and Omar, his patient coordinator, and Mexicali felt safe. I loved that I didn't get sick, I haven't felt bad once. I feel pretty again for the first time in YEARS. I am down from a size 24 to a 16 (in stretchy jeans) and I have lost 30 lbs. My surgery was Jan 10th. I white knuckled it through my pre op diet, sort of went commando and quit smoking at the same time. Still haven't picked up a cigarette, whoo hoo!! There are lot's of capable Dr.s that do this surgery and I suggest you interview them, find the one that will give you his time and talk to you personally without making you feel rushed. That's what it was like for me with my surgeon. And Omar, I e-mailed, called and facebooked him EVERYDAY!! they nicknamed me the FBI patient. LOL I was soooo nervous and so mistrusting. I still keep in touch with them and they with me. The connections I made there I consider a blessing. Good luck in your search. Peace.

Melanie,

No hunger pains thru the day? Are you avoiding bread and Pasta because of the calories w/o nutrients or because they bother you to eat at this point?

Who did your surgery?

Considering switching from Banding to Plication on the 3rd of March. I realize you did not have a Band, but any other comments or input would be welcome.

SD

I am scheduled with Dr Abril on 3/19 for the Plication Sleeve. I am so SCARED now! I was fine until I booked the flight, now it just seems so real. I can't believe it's finally going to happen and I will have the opportunity to be skinny again.

Is anyone else going to be in Mexicali around that time?

Anyone have any information I should know before heading down there?

If you have had the surgery, what was your pre/post op diet? liquid diet 7 days prior & 10 after? And did it make you feel weak? I have to drive like 8 hours the 2 days prior to flying to San Diego and I am worried about being weak and sleepy.

*** Does anyone have pics of their incisions so I know what to expect after surgery and once they start to heal??

Make sure you adjust your cell phone coverage with your provider before you go, so you are not paying a lot of money. Take a laptop if you have one, the hospital has free wifi, that is how I did all of my communicating while I was there, so I didn't have hardly any thing on my cell phone bill. You won't be there that long so only take what you need. Comfy sports bra, comfy pajamas, I took a thin robe to wear over my hospital gown. I took my own toiletries, but they have some there. I also had a good book, but there is an english speaking channel on t.v. Take any medications you are currently taking to show the doctor, she is very thorough and will want to know everything. I had a very full suitcase and realized I didn't need half of what I took. Take extra socks and underwear, you may be cold after surgery and want to double up on your socks, and extra undies cause you just never know. I know your scared right now, but when it is all done, your gonna laugh at yourself for being scared. I did. I was the worst I promise, I went by myself and my family was not very supportive, I went anyways. I was like a detective before I went, they nicknamed me the FBI patient. When it was all said and done, I felt so silly for all that. They are the most kind and down to earth folks. Dr Abril is gentle and kind, Dr. Ham is very informative, they are both very good. I would let them cut on me anytime. You will have five small incisions, they are about 1/2 in long and should heal with minimal scaring. I had one get a little irritated and I had to have the stitch removed when I got home, but NO BIG DEAL. I feel great by the way. You will too. most important: CHANGE YOUR LIFESTYLE, CHANGE YOUR THINKING ABOUT FOOD!!!! EXERCISE, become a exercise freak!! I hate it, but I have to do it. I want to be skinny again too, but most importantly I want to be healthy. If you need anything else just ask.

I am scheduled with Dr Abril on 3/19 for the Plication Sleeve. I am so SCARED now! I was fine until I booked the flight, now it just seems so real. I can't believe it's finally going to happen and I will have the opportunity to be skinny again.

Is anyone else going to be in Mexicali around that time?

Anyone have any information I should know before heading down there?

If you have had the surgery, what was your pre/post op diet? liquid diet 7 days prior & 10 after? And did it make you feel weak? I have to drive like 8 hours the 2 days prior to flying to San Diego and I am worried about being weak and sleepy.

*** Does anyone have pics of their incisions so I know what to expect after surgery and once they start to heal??

We're happy to announce the launch of www.SleevePlicationTalk.com ! A new community for pre or post Gastric Sleeve Plication surgery support.