Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Protein Bars

roshov
Sign in to follow this  

I've tried many, many different brand and found some that agree with me, and some that don't. I once was told that if the total carbs in a Protein bar aren't more than double the Protein listed, then it's safe. It's not great for you, but better than some of the other bars.

I have found that if you're lucky enough to live in the Kroger grocery store areas, that they have been having a weekly sale on Protein Bars, in thier health type food area of the store. They pick a few brands or styles and sell them 10 for $10. That's not too bad at all. Of course check the total carb to protein ratio to see if any worth buying that week. They normally change ads on Tues or Wed for the week.

I've tried many, many different brand and found some that agree with me, and some that don't. I once was told that if the total carbs in a Protein bar aren't more than double the Protein listed, then it's safe. It's not great for you, but better than some of the other bars.

I have found that if you're lucky enough to live in the Kroger grocery store areas, that they have been having a weekly sale on Protein Bars, in thier health type food area of the store. They pick a few brands or styles and sell them 10 for $10. That's not too bad at all. Of course check the total carb to protein ratio to see if any worth buying that week. They normally change ads on Tues or Wed for the week.

I know last week Publix had adkins boxes 2 for 10.00. That's 10-12 bars depending on the ones you get. I like adkins because it tells net carbs. I am loving this pre-op diet. My surgery is not till 2/19 but I started the pre-op as soon as I scheduled. It's 2 weeks tomorrow and I have lost 10lbs. I am getting a big head start on the weight loss and my liver should be the size of my big toe being on the diet for 6 weeks. I don't think it's hard either. I bought some Protein shakes from GNC the other day bogo 50% and they are awesome. sorry I don't remember brand but I told the girl what I was doing and they are the one's she recommended. Also, at GNC if you get the gold card the first week of every month you get 20% off your entire purchase.

I have not done it yet, but there are recipes on line to make your own bars. I think the simplest is a little oat flour, Protein powder or your choice of peanut or other nut butter. Smash together, refrigerate and eat .

this one looks good. A little high in fat, but I think you could probably reduce the PB and flax meal a little bit to bring the calories and fat down.

Ingredients

Directions

-makes 4 servings

-mix all ingredients in a large bowl and stir. At first it may not seem like it is enough Water, but keep stirring and it will eventually become a sticky blob of dough. Add 1 tbsp of water at a time if needed.

-divide mixture into 4 equal portions and place in separate pieces of plastic wrap placing them into bars. It's easier to shape them by lying plastic wrap on one side of a small casserole dish, pressing the dough into the natural shape of the dish.

-store the bars in fridge or freezer. Once solid, enjoy.

Number of Servings: 4

Nutritional Info

• Servings Per Recipe: 4
  • Amount Per Serving
  • Calories: 280.7

• Total Fat: 14.1 g
  • Cholesterol: 30.0 mg
  • Sodium: 145.6 mg
  • Total Carbs: 13.5 g
  • Dietary Fiber: 8.9 g
  • Protein: 28.0 g

View full nutritional breakdown of peanut butter fudge Protein Bar (clean eating) calories by ingredient

I would count your Proteins too, It would depend on your choice of Protein powder, and the flax meal has 3 Proteins per 13 gms....I don't know how this would shake out, but Im guessing the Protein may be so high that you can make 6 bars from the recipe. I don't know how many gms of meal would be in 2/3 cup.....

I have not done it yet, but there are recipes on line to make your own bars. I think the simplest is a little oat flour, Protein Powder or your choice of peanut or other nut butter. Smash together, refrigerate and eat .

this one looks good. A little high in fat, but I think you could probably reduce the PB and flax meal a little bit to bring the calories and fat down.

Ingredients

• -4 scoops chocolate protein powder

-2/3 cup flax seed meal

-4 tbsp natural Peanut Butter

-1/4 cup Water

-stevia or natural sweetener (optional)

-2 tbspn coca powder (optional)

Directions

-makes 4 servings

-mix all ingredients in a large bowl and stir. At first it may not seem like it is enough Water, but keep stirring and it will eventually become a sticky blob of dough. Add 1 tbsp of water at a time if needed.

-divide mixture into 4 equal portions and place in separate pieces of plastic wrap placing them into bars. It's easier to shape them by lying plastic wrap on one side of a small casserole dish, pressing the dough into the natural shape of the dish.

-store the bars in fridge or freezer. Once solid, enjoy.

Number of Servings: 4

Nutritional Info

• Servings Per Recipe: 4
  • Amount Per Serving
  • Calories: 280.7

• Total Fat: 14.1 g
  • Cholesterol: 30.0 mg
  • Sodium: 145.6 mg
  • Total Carbs: 13.5 g
  • Dietary Fiber: 8.9 g
  • Protein: 28.0 g

View full nutritional breakdown of peanut butter fudge Protein Bar (clean eating) calories by ingredient