Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

laser skin tightening

Thanks for posting and keep us updated! I am very interested in your progress.

I know I'll need some surgery but if I can have some non-surgical help on the inner thighs, I'll be happy.

Good luck!

Suppsedly.... this procedure was approved by the FDA for the inner thigh area. The tec at my clinic also told me it works great on inner thighs. I think they are really talking about getting rid of cellulite and fat though, not so much extra skin.

I have had 5 of 15 and if there are any results they are marginal.... supposedly you dont really see it till about 6-8 weeks after you complete your last treatment. Argh!!! I have bought some 1/2 sleeve items for spring and summer... still holding off on the sleeveless.

thanks

I'll keep updating.

Yeah I can tone and tighten my skin with exercise, but only to a certain extent. Skin is elastic, just like a rubber band. If applying tension to it, it will stretch. I am looking for the some other product for it.

skin tightening

Yeah I can tone and tighten my skin with exercise, but only to a certain extent. Skin is elastic, just like a rubber band. If applying tension to it, it will stretch. I am looking for the some other product for it.

skin tightening

...sell much?

I was just in for my 3 mo checkup and my doctor suggested this Galvanic Spa ultraviolet for me! The results look amazing!

Well guys.... I was going to wait until I finished my treatments (I bought a pkg of 15) before I gave my final verdict, but, unless a miracle happens in my last 3 treatments I am going to go with a big fat thumbs down on this procedure. I have had 12 treatments and NO results. UGH.... what a waste of money.... Well... hopefully none of you will get sucked in now... its so alluring to believe that you can rid yourself of excess skin with just a few laser treatemnts.... don't buy the hype.

I guess its back to Tijuana for surgery.

take care all

stacey

Well guys.... I was going to wait until I finished my treatments (I bought a pkg of 15) before I gave my final verdict, but, unless a miracle happens in my last 3 treatments I am going to go with a big fat thumbs down on this procedure. I have had 12 treatments and NO results. UGH.... what a waste of money.... Well... hopefully none of you will get sucked in now... its so alluring to believe that you can rid yourself of excess skin with just a few laser treatemnts.... don't buy the hype.

take care all

stacey

Thank you for sharing about this program being a dud. Too bad you had to take a loss. I was hoping this was legit.

take care all

stacey

I think I can identify with how disappointed you must feel. Doesn't it make you mad that companies can claim success and suck you in? And it's not concerning something insignificant! This is money you spent hoping to feel a little better inside your skin (I think that's a pun intended), and then they end up taking what little money you had! I'm mad FOR you!

thanks breezy

It is pretty maddening.... its not like there was a little it of progress... just not enough...

there was NO progress. Geeze... an arm lift in TJ is $3800.00... what was I thinking.

ARGH

Hopefully I've learned my lesson about impulse buying. I'm the worst when it comes to this.

take care

stacey

That sucks! I'm trying this Velashape thing starting tomorrow, on my inner thighs (the only area it's been tested on, with results for 70% of pts). We'll see how it goes. I got it practically for free, and I've already received so many "if you don't do this just right, it won't work" warnings from the stupid office, that I honestly don't expect any results, but given that it cost me less than a drop-in gym fee per session, I decided to just give it a shot. I'll keep you guys updated.

That sucks! I'm trying this Velashape thing starting tomorrow, on my inner thighs (the only area it's been tested on, with results for 70% of pts). We'll see how it goes. I got it practically for free, and I've already received so many "if you don't do this just right, it won't work" warnings from the stupid office, that I honestly don't expect any results, but given that it cost me less than a drop-in gym fee per session, I decided to just give it a shot. I'll keep you guys updated.

Perhaps I should start a new topic for this, but I have approached Dr. Aceves in Mexicali for a recommendation to a plastic surgeon. He gave me a name of the only doctor he recommends & I've made first contact with the plastic surgery doctor a couple of days ago. He wants me to send nude picture (with my face blacked out) so he can see the areas that I'm concerned about. I laughed & said I'd never done anything like that before and my husband would have to be in the shots (then I pictured my hubby making a threatening gesture to the camera like 'this is MY wife dammit!').

I guess I'll go ahead and do it. Take the pictures I mean. Then he is going to tell me exactly what my choices would be and how much it would cost. I've got to admit that I don't know where I'd get the money. There are many more important things on our list that I need to find the money for -- like a blood panel to see how my nutritional levels are doing; getting a cavity taken care of; a falling down, rotting, back porch....

But I figure I'm just getting informed about my choices and the costs. Maybe down the road.....

Vela shape is what I was doing. I did hear that it was approved for inner thighs and the tecs that worked with me said that is where they have seen the best results. I think I have to revise my thumbs down evaluation. The procedure has done absolutly nothing for my loose skin.... but..... I did loose an inch in my arms at a time when I'm not really loosing any more and I havent lost any inches anywhere else. So... I guess for actual reduction I have seen some movement.... its just the excess skin thing. I hope yours works.... It sounds like your not out much if it doesnt'

good luck

Perhaps I should start a new topic for this, but I have approached Dr. Aceves in Mexicali for a recommendation to a plastic surgeon. He gave me a name of the only doctor he recommends & I've made first contact with the plastic surgery doctor a couple of days ago. He wants me to send nude picture (with my face blacked out) so he can see the areas that I'm concerned about. I laughed & said I'd never done anything like that before and my husband would have to be in the shots (then I pictured my hubby making a threatening gesture to the camera like 'this is MY wife dammit!').

I guess I'll go ahead and do it. Take the pictures I mean. Then he is going to tell me exactly what my choices would be and how much it would cost. I've got to admit that I don't know where I'd get the money. There are many more important things on our list that I need to find the money for -- like a blood panel to see how my nutritional levels are doing; getting a cavity taken care of; a falling down, rotting, back porch....

But I figure I'm just getting informed about my choices and the costs. Maybe down the road.....

I am booked with Dr Gutierrez.... full arm lift for 3800. He said not only do I have to have the full scar (elbow to arm pit) but because of the excess skin I will have to have a 3-4 inch T at the bottom (the full arm lift is 3800 and he's throwing in the extra incision). I am doing a virtual consult with one more surgeon just to make sure he says the same thing. Here's my pics..... after 12 laser treatments (pics are no different from "before" pics

post-1975-1381365648058_thumb.jpg

post-1975-13813656487317_thumb.jpg

Vela shape is what I was doing. I did hear that it was approved for inner thighs and the tecs that worked with me said that is where they have seen the best results. I think I have to revise my thumbs down evaluation. The procedure has done absolutly nothing for my loose skin.... but..... I did loose an inch in my arms at a time when I'm not really loosing any more and I havent lost any inches anywhere else. So... I guess for actual reduction I have seen some movement.... its just the excess skin thing. I hope yours works.... It sounds like your not out much if it doesnt'

good luck

Oh, interesting! I also wonder if we'll have the same results. I honestly don't know how much of my inner thigh flab is fat and how much is skin - but I know that at least SOME of it is fat for sure.

So far, after my first session I had a small 1st degree burn and a small 2nd degree burn! I've never had a 2nd degree burn in my life, not counting an unfortunate episode of stroking the electric stove burners at the age of 2 (but who hasn't done that!). The burns are the size of my fingernail, so not very big, but getting a 2nd degree was definitely an off-putting experience. Interestingly, it didn't hurt very much during the procedure, just some light stinging, so I was shocked to discover a blister half an hour later. This better work!

Stacey, I am grateful to you for posting this because I was considering Final Inches. Your arm pictures could be mine ;) I have the tiniest of turkey neck and my thighs especially above the knees flap side to side when I walk fast maybe if I can crawl into the dryer I can maybe make it shrink.