Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

laser skin tightening

Perhaps I should start a new topic for this, but I have approached Dr. Aceves in Mexicali for a recommendation to a plastic surgeon. He gave me a name of the only doctor he recommends & I've made first contact with the plastic surgery doctor a couple of days ago. He wants me to send nude picture (with my face blacked out) so he can see the areas that I'm concerned about. I laughed & said I'd never done anything like that before and my husband would have to be in the shots (then I pictured my hubby making a threatening gesture to the camera like 'this is MY wife dammit!').

I guess I'll go ahead and do it. Take the pictures I mean. Then he is going to tell me exactly what my choices would be and how much it would cost. I've got to admit that I don't know where I'd get the money. There are many more important things on our list that I need to find the money for -- like a blood panel to see how my nutritional levels are doing; getting a cavity taken care of; a falling down, rotting, back porch....

But I figure I'm just getting informed about my choices and the costs. Maybe down the road.....

I've thought about plastics, but my situation is not so bad that I'd risk getting operated on - and the scars aren't gonna be much more esthetically appealing than the loose skin. Plus just like in your case, I just don't have the $! I know which Dr. you're talking about - I got a quote from him for a friend who was considering a Tummy Tuck after losing about 80 lbs the diet/exercise way. It ended up costing almost the same as doing it locally in Toronto, and when you factor in the cost of the flight, it's definitely the same - if not more. Plus I don't know about other procedures, but for the TT he said he likes to keep people at the hospital for 6-7 days before discharging them - this is probably the reason why it isn't much cheaper than here in Canada. 7 days in a hospital away from friends/family would be rough - I was bored outta my skull by day 3!

I'm glad you posted the pictures. I've basically got the same problem. A nurse friend who also got the vertical sleeve in April, 2010 keeps saying we've got to wait one year after we've got to our goal weight to let the skin have a chance to recover all it's going to do on its own. But what pisses me off is that I don't want to wear sleeveless tops because I keep catching people's eyes going to my wrinkly skin! Summer is coming and I'm going to be swathed in clothes, not because I'm hiding fat, but because I'm self-conscious about the saggy stuff! Maybe I better consider spending the money on a shrink! Now that's funny!

Annyyywwwaaayyy, thank you for sharing your thoughts and experiences here. It's something I've wanted to talk about, but my friends and family just can't relate. I need my sleeve sisters to talk to....

I am booked with Dr Gutierrez.... full arm lift for 3800. He said not only do I have to have the full scar (elbow to arm pit) but because of the excess skin I will have to have a 3-4 inch T at the bottom (the full arm lift is 3800 and he's throwing in the extra incision). I am doing a virtual consult with one more surgeon just to make sure he says the same thing. Here's my pics..... after 12 laser treatments (pics are no different from "before" pics

A different modern technology is a technique which utilizes the combined powers of light and RF, giving specific heat to the targeted areas. This accurate heating method ensures faster, more efficient and more secure treatment with certainly no recovery time. As opposed to standard cosmetic laser treatments, this technique uses nominal optical energy, thus promising a easy, secure process.