Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Happy Sipper

Before my surgery I stocked up beef, chicken, and vegetable broth. I was not enjoying them, and kept tasting the processed taste or something. Finally, before I lost my mind, I went and bought things to make my own broths. The results were great. I am a much happier sipper today! And, my son has good meat to eat for his meals, and I have very tender meat in the freezer when it is time to eat it.

I cooked a chuck roast and a whole read onion in the crock pot until it was tender, tender, tender. Removed the fat and cut the meat into chunks. Saved some for my son for the next couple of meals and froze the rest. Scopped out the onions and discarded. Put what was left in the refrigerator over night so that he fat would come to the top and set. This morning I removed the hard top, and strained the rest. End up with about 6 cups. Froze four cups in individual snack size zip-lock bags for later. I am drinking cup now and it is amazing!

Did the same with a whole chicken, but boiled it in a huge stock pot with two big carrots, the top half of a bunch of celery stocks, a whole bunch of chopped green onions, 1/4 red onion, salt, pepper, and powdered garlic. Yummy!

Ooooh, that does sound good! I'm still pre-op, but I think I'll do that now so I can still enjoy a bit of the meat now. Thanks for the great idea!

Before my surgery I stocked up beef, chicken, and vegetable broth. I was not enjoying them, and kept tasting the processed taste or something. Finally, before I lost my mind, I went and bought things to make my own broths. The results were great. I am a much happier sipper today! And, my son has good meat to eat for his meals, and I have very tender meat in the freezer when it is time to eat it.

I cooked a chuck roast and a whole read onion in the crock pot until it was tender, tender, tender. Removed the fat and cut the meat into chunks. Saved some for my son for the next couple of meals and froze the rest. Scopped out the onions and discarded. Put what was left in the refrigerator over night so that he fat would come to the top and set. This morning I removed the hard top, and strained the rest. End up with about 6 cups. Froze four cups in individual snack size zip-lock bags for later. I am drinking cup now and it is amazing!

Did the same with a whole chicken, but boiled it in a huge stock pot with two big carrots, the top half of a bunch of celery stocks, a whole bunch of chopped green onions, 1/4 red onion, salt, pepper, and powdered garlic. Yummy!

If you don't want to make your own broth and live near any good Vietnamese Pho (soup) restaurants, let me tell you their broth is to die for! You can buy a large container (about a quart) of broth and it is dirt cheap, like $3 or $4 for the container. Pho broth has been my salvation the past couple of days!

If you don't want to make your own broth and live near any good Vietnamese Pho (soup) restaurants, let me tell you their broth is to die for! You can buy a large container (about a quart) of broth and it is dirt cheap, like $3 or $4 for the container. Pho broth has been my salvation the past couple of days!

I am so there tomorrow! Thanks!

They have beef, chicken, and vegetable broths. The beef has lovely spices in it usually, very subtle but full of flavor. Chicken is wonderful too. Enjoy!

But I am sure thatdudesmom's broths are even better!

Thank you, thank you for all the wonderful recipes and ideas.

My surgery is in 3 weeks so I will definitely use these tips.

genepha

Lapband removal

Self-pay plication 2-7-11