Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4 Months Post Op -- So far so good!!!

Good Evening sleevers!!!

Today I am exactly 4 months post op. I was sleeved by Dr. Alberto Aceves in Mexicali Mexico and he took my lap band out at the same time. (Yeahhh!!!) :P

Well my averages are slowing down but ya know... I'm still losing. I went through a pretty long stall, and maybe partially it was my own fault. I was grazing too much now I realize, as I've taken back up to logging my intake 100% of the time. I even log my supplements. Yes, I do. Maybe that is a little neurotic - but I had to do something. I needed to find out where I was missing and I'm glad to know where I was going wrong. I'm now eating anywhere from 900-1200 calories per day and doing 50% Protein, 25% Fats and 25% GOOD Carbs. NO MORE SNACKING BETWEEN MEALS, and everything that hits my lips is completely healthy and good for my body. I will continue with this regimen until I hit goal. It's so easy to fall off the right track, BUT the main thing is to realize it, pick back up and keep it moving!!

On my workout days I add in one extra EAS CarbAdvantage Protein shake, and I'll allow one handfull of peanuts in the evening but that's it. I tried the sunflower seeds but I was blown away to find out it's got a lot of calories... LOL!! Good thing I was low on calories for that day. I won't do that again though. I love peanuts and I might try some pistachios too - however I'm at my limit for today, so maybe tomorrow.

Also, I've taken on a new eating plan which gets me more veggies, fruits and whole grain power foods. I feel so wholesome right now. I have more energy right now than I think I've felt in my entire life!!! That is NO JOKE!!! I've been able to rock out my workouts like no one's business and I feel so incredible when they are over. :D :D :D I can tell my stamina in increasing every single day. I'M A HAPPY GIRL!!!!

Anyway, my stall I do believe is over now that I've gotten myself back on track and revving like a sports car. B) My metabolism is through the roof - and I can tell this because I just feel it all over my body. My clothes suddenly feel like they are swimming on me. Soon I will not have any clothes left to wear... LOL And THAT is not a bad thing!!!

Ok so, to finish as this is long enough I want to type out some NSV's that I've noticed up to this point. Pre-surgery - these were not even Considered!!!

• When I wake up in the morning and I flip my legs over the side of my bed I'm startled every time that these are actually my legs!!! They look like someone else's... haaa!!
  • When I'm on my Spinner I can actually see parts of the bike seat as I'm riding it. Now that one was pretty cool. It's funny how you don't even realize how much room you take up until you don't take up much anymore. :)
  • My Wedding Rings can literally fall off my hand without my help! My Size 6 is starting to get a little too loose for my liking even.
  • I have bones in my hands and on my collar. Who knew?
  • I do not wake up sore in the morning anymore from being so heavy it's hard to maneuver in my sleep.< /strong>
  • When I'm getting dressed in the morning and I'm picking out my clothes, I can hardly even believe I can fit the smaller sizes that I'm wearing now. Some are even getting baggy!
  • Speaking of this, I'm wearing a pair of pajama pants that I couldn't even fit before surgery. I think they are ready to hit the Goodwill bag now because I can't even keep them on anymore. ;-)
  • I can jog on my treadmill and NOT have sore knees during or after!!!
  • I can jog a 5K now. :D
  • I can move around in areas that are tight and I fit quite easily. Before I'd be afraid of bumping into people or furniture!
  • I see a woman's shape when I look in the mirror getting dressed. I love this one!!!
  • Here's a really big one: I have not needed to take any Aleve daily as I used to. I probably have used it once a day for a total of 5 days in the LAST MONTH!!! Whoohooo!!! Pain is going away!!
  • My shoes are feeling really loose too. Hopefully I can even go down a size one day!
  • People at work are already telling me I'm looking "thin"!! Wow, I feel so jazzed!! I still have a bit to go, but THAT is a huge motivator...
  • I am feeling more like being social. For a minute I just was feeling really introverted. Not anymore!!

I think that's enough for now. I'm sure I could go on all day with so many things. Life's Good!!! (LG!!!)

Sorry for the no body shots, didn't have time - but I did try to get one of them where you can see to my middle. :) The Blue dress is me right before pre-op diet, the pink shirt is around 300 Lbs and the brown sweater is me at my heaviest. It's the only known photo of me at that size.

post-38-13813656214966_thumb.jpg

post-38-13813656215294_thumb.jpg

post-38-13813656215603_thumb.jpg

post-38-13813656215963_thumb.jpg

post-38-13813656216352_thumb.jpg

post-38-13813656216469_thumb.jpg

post-38-13813656216788_thumb.jpg

Wow! You look so small! YAYYYYYYYY! I'm so happy for you girl!

If you ever go back to TJ for post op work stop by at one of our get togethers :)

@S4M - I'd love to meet you all!!! <3 Thank you, big hugs!!!

@SrSleeve - thank you!!! :-D

Thanks Tiffy!! You have been such a wealth of knowledge and support here, thank you for everything!!! ... it's all because of you and all of the fellow VST'ers... you all keep me so motivated!! :D

You look great! What an inspiration!

Wow Irene, you look absolutely fabulous -- really thin, and no kidding YEARS younger -- no kidding. You really look absolutely great. Can't say enough!! Biggest hugs!!! Julie

Awwww you all make my day!!! Yippeeee!! I'm just going to keep rockin this sleeve until I finish this thing out :D I can't wait until I see what the next four months bring -- whooooot!!!

Irene, you look so amazing! Your face looks so gorgeous and young and HEALTHY! Thank you for not only cheering me on, but being such a great inspiration!!!! :)

Hey you...

congrats on and amazing transformation already.... you are looking, happy, healthy and hot ladyeeeeeeeeeeee!!

Keep up the good work! xx