Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

African American Sleevers

Praying that you have a successful recovery period.

Thank you so much. You all are such a huge help even if its just encouraging words & well wishes. Were you sleeved yet?

Someone asked in another forum if black people are having problems with hairloss and they told her to come to the African American forum...with that being said, has any1 had the problems with losing hair as so many non African Americans have? Thx:)

Thank you so much. You all are such a huge help even if its just encouraging words & well wishes. Were you sleeved yet?

No not yet. I have a couple months to go. September 23rd is my date.

Someone asked in another forum if black people are having problems with hairloss and they told her to come to the African American forum...with that being said' date=' has any1 had the problems with losing hair as so many non African Americans have? Thx:)[/quote']

I had been so stressed I have lost about 1/3! But I started taking Bioton and fish oil and it has been better now.

I had been so stressed I have lost about 1/3! But I started taking Bioton and fish oil and it has been better now.

Ty, I read fish oil helps bc of good the fat:).

No not yet. I have a couple months to go. September 23rd is my date.

Aww well I know you're gonna do great! You are positive and encouraging with good advice and you haven't even had your procedure done yet. I'm excited for you. Thanks again for your advice & encouraging words

Aww well I know you're gonna do great! You are positive and encouraging with good advice and you haven't even had your procedure done yet. I'm excited for you. Thanks again for your advice & encouraging words

Awwww how sweet thanks. I am a firm believer in treating others how I love to be treated. No negativity this way.

I am going for my first e ER consult with a surgeon. I am trying to grasp my head around this procedure. I want to know is it liquid foods for the first 6months? I'm in Brooklyn, NY and my pic is of me 30-45lbs less. I'm 5'6" at 275-280! High BP, snore badly, and suffered with heel spurs and plantar fasciitis which prevented me from walking. I finally got a cortisone shot 2wks ago and I can put my whole weight on my feet but I'm still nervous. My PCP is obese and whenever I spoke about prescribing FDA approved diet pills he refused. I'm concerned he won't okay my surgery. Can I start fresh with a new doc?

*ever

Dee jeez,

I'm out 10 weeks today and no Hair loss. But also my hair is thick and i keep it breaded but problem. They Protein is the prevention. And I keep up with the requirements. I read alot and I haven't heard of loss on this thread. Good luck :)

I am going for my first e ER consult with a surgeon. I am trying to grasp my head around this procedure. I want to know is it liquid foods for the first 6months? I'm in Brooklyn' date=' NY and my pic is of me 30-45lbs less. I'm 5'6" at 275-280! High BP, snore badly, and suffered with heel spurs and plantar fasciitis which prevented me from walking. I finally got a cortisone shot 2wks ago and I can put my whole weight on my feet but I'm still nervous. My PCP is obese and whenever I spoke about prescribing FDA approved diet pills he refused. I'm concerned he won't okay my surgery. Can I start fresh with a new doc?[/quote']

I would if I were you. Not all docs and ( therapist in my case) don't always understand. Do what's best for you!

I am going for my first e ER consult with a surgeon. I am trying to grasp my head around this procedure. I want to know is it liquid foods for the first 6months? I'm in Brooklyn' date=' NY and my pic is of me 30-45lbs less. I'm 5'6" at 275-280! High BP, snore badly, and suffered with heel spurs and plantar fasciitis which prevented me from walking. I finally got a cortisone shot 2wks ago and I can put my whole weight on my feet but I'm still nervous. My PCP is obese and whenever I spoke about prescribing FDA approved diet pills he refused. I'm concerned he won't okay my surgery. Can I start fresh with a new doc?[/quote']

I would say probably so, but just try with your pcp that you have now. When you go for your appt with the surgeon see if they have a sample letter of what your pcp will need to provide for you when you get ready to submit to your insurance approval.

Dee jeez' date='

I'm out 10 weeks today and no Hair loss. But also my hair is thick and i keep it breaded but problem. They Protein is the prevention. And I keep up with the requirements. I read alot and I haven't heard of loss on this thread. Good luck :)[/quote']

Tyvm! I wear mine braided or loose plats. I just don't want to b walking around leaving hair trails, Grrr. Tyvm again for answering and gl on ur journey as well :)

You may need another PCP, because you sounds like you would be a great candidate. Having a consult wouldn't hurt, because the surgeon will order tests to submit to the insurance company. Have you been tested for sleep apnea, because I heard that's a guaranteed approval.

I had two sleep tests done in the past when I was 200lbs and they said I woke up 20-30 times...just told me to lose weight. My GF's hate rooming with me on trips and my new bf makes comments about my snoring that is annoying....so I will mention that in my follow-up.

So glad they're are people of color to relate to about this. Most people feel this is cheating and I know I've tried over the past 10yrs to lose weight and I've lost the same 35 and gain it back plus 30-40 more. I am happy with this choice.

Thanks.