Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

African American Sleevers

Yes, I was able to work full days with no problems. I'm a middle school teacher so I was able to sit and take breaks throughout the day. I haven't taken a sick days yet.....things have been good!

Amazing and you all are such an inspiration to me. Keep up the good work.

congrats to all.

Amazing and you all are such an inspiration to me. Keep up the good work.

congrats to all.

Thank you. Have you been sleeved yet?

Thank you. Have you been sleeved yet?

Hi,

I hope to be sleeved in March. I am in a six month program but it will take at least 10 months.

Hey ladies' date=' I'm a African American woman from Miami!!! I will be sleeved next week!!! 12/12/12 I'm very excited and I can't wait to share my results!!![/quote']

Hello excellent I start pre op on 12/14 surgery on the 28th

Hello Everyone!!

As a lot of people have did, I have been lurking on the boards for a while. I actually read every post in this thread, trying to absorb and soak up any helpful information I could. I will be attending the informational session tonight at the bariatric center here in Savannah, Ga. I have already spoken to my PCP and I have the guidelines required by my insurance company. I am just so nervous it's unbelievable and I don't even have a surgery date yet! I have been praying and asking God for guidance with my decision. I will be 30 years old next November and I just refuse to be in the same health I'm in now. I feel blessed because I don't have any major health issues- HBP or Diabetes. I think my major concern is the actual surgery, loose skin and having to completely give up the food that our culture loves so much "soul food" I know that way of thinking is so backwards, me worrying about giving up food but I would be lying of I said I wasn't. I'm not too worried about Hair loss as I am natural and my hair is pretty thick. I have told two people, my boyfriend and my best friend- who are both very supportive and will be with me the day of surgery. At this time that's all I plan on telling because I refuse to deal with the negativity. My mother thinks I am fine just the way I am and that's fine but I don't feel the same way. I think my aha moment was when my boyfriend and myself went to a theme park and I had to get off the ride in front of everyone because the safety bar wouldn't clasp because of my thighs! Smh!!! I am at the heaviest I have ever been I guess I carry my weight kind of good cuz no one believes it when I tell them how much I weigh. I'm asking all if my sleeve sistas to keep me in your thoughts and prayers as I embark on this life changing journey and I will do the same for you all. I will update you all after the informational session tonight

Hi All,

I have been reading more and more about Hair loss after WLS and it sounds pretty inevitable, but I also remember reading in this thread a lot of people who didn't (or haven't yet) experienced hair loss. It's my understanding that the hair loss doesn't even usually start until 3-4 months after surgery but that it does grow back starting a couple of months later. Can people who have been sleeved at least 3-4 months please share their experiences with hair loss? I have locs and I'm just picturing losing clumps of them :(

Released from my 2-night stay at the hospital this afternoon (sleeved Monday) and I am so glad to be back at home!! Woot Woot!

Hello Everyone!!

As a lot of people have did' date=' I have been lurking on the boards for a while. I actually read every post in this thread, trying to absorb and soak up any helpful information I could. I will be attending the informational session tonight at the bariatric center here in Savannah, Ga. I have already spoken to my PCP and I have the guidelines required by my insurance company. I am just so nervous it's unbelievable and I don't even have a surgery date yet! I have been praying and asking God for guidance with my decision. I will be 30 years old next November and I just refuse to be in the same health I'm in now. I feel blessed because I don't have any major health issues- HBP or Diabetes. I think my major concern is the actual surgery, loose skin and having to completely give up the food that our culture loves so much "soul food" I know that way of thinking is so backwards, me worrying about giving up food but I would be lying of I said I wasn't. I'm not too worried about Hair loss as I am natural and my hair is pretty thick. I have told two people, my boyfriend and my best friend- who are both very supportive and will be with me the day of surgery. At this time that's all I plan on telling because I refuse to deal with the negativity. My mother thinks I am fine just the way I am and that's fine but I don't feel the same way. I think my aha moment was when my boyfriend and myself went to a theme park and I had to get off the ride in front of everyone because the safety bar wouldn't clasp because of my thighs! Smh!!! I am at the heaviest I have ever been I guess I carry my weight kind of good cuz no one believes it when I tell them how much I weigh. I'm asking all if my sleeve sistas to keep me in your thoughts and prayers as I embark on this life changing journey and I will do the same for you all. I will update you all after the informational session tonight[/quote']

This is in fact a JOURNEY. Be informed and make sure you are willing to give up those things you struggle with. I was sleeved 3 weeks ago and I will DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN IN A HEART BEAT. I had a couple of co morbities in addition to the weight. My only regret is not doing this sooner. I will definitely keep you in my prayers as you embark on this LIFE CHANGING journey!

Released from my 2-night stay at the hospital this afternoon (sleeved Monday) and I am so glad to be back at home!! Woot Woot!

Congrats! Glad your are home.

Awesome.

Praying that you have a speedy recovery.

Congrats! Glad your are home.

Awesome.

Praying that you have a speedy recovery.

Thank you lwatts7!!

Hey guys ive been doing videos on you tube check them out of u want blaire1984

I have weight stalled have not lose any weight since surgery. I'm about to pull my hair out HELP

2013 is my year....Sleeved 11/19 Methodist Hosp in NY