Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

African American Sleevers

So now I waiting for my psych evaluation to be sent over been waiting since Tuesday. Really what is taking so long' date=' I must be honest I dont like waiting and when they already know I need it sent over. Ugh

Ok just pouting I am done now.

Congrats keda![/quote']

Yes that sucks it should not take so long keep calling. And keep calling. Then call again. ;)

Woo hoo! Kalimom you got that date!

Being nervous is probably a normal response...keep your eye on the prize. Hopefully I will be sleeved within 30 days of finishing my checklist too. My son will be home from college to help out around then. I went and bought a hand mixer since I get the idea things will have to be puréed while my sleeve is healing..move move move and stay hydrated seems to be the main thing to focus on after surgery so I am starting to take my exercising a little more seriously. I seem to stay on the elliptical a longer time if I sing the lyrics of my music instead of staring at the progress meter screen thingy. My hubby is trying to cheer my on while I am huffing and puffing to Syleena Johnson's "he makes me say" lol ..now I know he is supporting me 'cause I am no songbird!..getting the job done though.

Hey...Another November Sleeve Sister! Welcome Sugar Tee. How are you feeling leading up to your surgery date? Me: Nervous as hell. I just found out I have to travel the week of my surgery' date=' so I will literally be running from the airport to the hospital. My mother suggested I reschedule. I said hell to the naw I'm am NOT rescheduling lol[/quote']

Evvonrae I know how you feel! My mother is going to a party the night before we leave for Mexico! I told her I'm leaving with or without her! I have come too darn far! Lolol

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Woo hoo! Kalimom you got that date!

Being nervous is probably a normal response...keep your eye on the prize. Hopefully I will be sleeved within 30 days of finishing my checklist too. My son will be home from college to help out around then. I went and bought a hand mixer since I get the idea things will have to be puréed while my sleeve is healing..move move move and stay hydrated seems to be the main thing to focus on after surgery so I am starting to take my exercising a little more seriously. I seem to stay on the elliptical a longer time if I sing the lyrics of my music instead of staring at the progress meter screen thingy. My hubby is trying to cheer my on while I am huffing and puffing to Syleena Johnson's "he makes me say" lol ..now I know he is supporting me 'cause I am no songbird!..getting the job done though.

The wait shouldn't be long once the list is completed ... It is definitely less than 30 days for me. I called them right before I did my last nutrition class and let them know I would be done on Oct 15th. I did call them again once I was done and I reminded them via their FB page after a week went by and I hadn't heard anything. The airman at the desk said I wouldn't hear for 2-8 weeks which I thought was odd bc Trisha said the wait wasn't long which is why I messaged them.I am glad your son will be here to help. My sister is coming from Ca for a visit and to help with my kids and my husband will be around some of the time but has a few military commitments.

Congrats to all I'm starting to get anxious and inpatient. I called the docs office today and she has not submitted my information yet, and told me she was going to do it this week.. Ahhhhhh I'm so upset right now and hope they hurry up!! Well thanks for letting me vent I needed too!! I'm so ready!!

Congrats to all I'm starting to get anxious and inpatient. I called the docs office today and she has not submitted my information yet' date=' and told me she was going to do it this week.. Ahhhhhh I'm so upset right now and hope they hurry up!! Well thanks for letting me bent guys[/quote']

I am in the same boat my physic said it would be turned in on Tuesday, now she called me saying she busy and would be next week. So I said you telling me it takes a professional like your self cant sit down and write a letter or whatever you gotta be kidding me. She says excuse me so I said you heard me. And I had to catch myself and my mouth at that point. I then ended the conversation. Cause I know myself I can be very mean. But you talk about ugh.

I just ask please be patient with me God is not through with me yet.

I'm in Grand Prairie too! It is going great!! The first day of recovery was uncomfortable but it has gotten much better and easier as the days pass. I'm sure you've heard about the importance of walking ... It is so true. I'm convinced me walking daily (often several times a day) has helped my physical recovery. Yesterday I walked 3 miles' date=' I was exhausted and had to rest for about 30 min but I did it!

In terms of RTD Protein Drink, stay away in the beginning. First, majority of them are a blended whey Protein vs. whey protein isolate. This means that you don't really know how much real protein you are actually getting. So if the label says 20g protein and it is a protein blend, you don't know how much of the 20g is real protein. We need whey protein isolate yo ensure we are getting the minimum of 60g protein daily. Second, they tend to taste good only when they are very cold and believe it or not, you may or may not be able to tolerate too cold drinks post surgery (especially right after).

So with all that said, I strongly suggest trying a number of different whey protein isolate powders. Do you like more juices or milkshake type of drinks? Also what flavors do you tend to like, vanilla, strawberry, chocolate, etc? Keep in mind that your taste buds will likely change, especially if you are a sweet eater. I can definitely make some recommendations based on what I've tried and what I have heard from others.

You can also make several different types of Protein Shakes by adding in any of the following: unsweetened almond milk, SF flavored syrups, SF pudding, SF cool whip, yogurt (Greek or Kroger carb master), SF Jello, crystal light. There are some other mix ins but I can't think of them right now.

Give me an idea of what you currently like and I can make some suggestions for you. Also are you taking Vitamins? [/quote']

Ok Jazzeeja I went and bought some Whey Protein Powder from Walmart. I like chocolate but I went on and bought the vanilla...this way I can add bananas. I don't like milk (no kind) so the coordinator told me about this one. I like milk shake type drinks. I am a sweet eater.

Hello everyone. I just had my sleeve done on 10/15 and it's already one of the best decisions I've ever made. I feel better after 9 days than I have in the last 10 years. I'm in the DC area and am looking forward to hearing all of your stories of success.

Congrats..

Received my approval and surgery date is October 31, 2012. I am so nervous and anxious....not second guesing myself just nervous about the entire process. After next week, I begin a journey that will be totally new..

Congrats no worries you'll be fine keep us posted

Congrats Myra! Not long till we are on the losers bench:)

HI EVERYONE!!! hope everyone on the losers bench is well, and everyone waiting- we will keep praying....I Just got my approval from Blue Cross today. I am so freakin amped I cant stop cheesin at work..lol just to know my life will be changing for the better just feels good. So date is set for Nov 19TH YAY!!!

@newnew & keya- keep hope alive and keep calling them!!!

@myra- congrats love-10/31 is around the corner!!!! sooo exciting!!! good luck

Has anyone tried SEI Nutrition's Max Protein? I saw it on a blog and a lot of people like it...I am thinking about ordering it.