Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

pb with chicken anyone!

i'm having a horrible pb episode right now after having bbq chicken. i have a really tough time with chicken, but i thought after having a bit of an unfill i would be better- anyone else having problems with chicken??

Ironically, two of the best Proteins for bandsters -- chicken and tuna are both no-ways for me. I love them both and have tried them numerous times prepared many ways. Grilled chicken is the absolute worst.....you are not alone! Hope the episode ends quickly!

Sorry you're having problems with chicken. Are you using anything to 'lubricate' it? It sounds kinda yucky, but there is a brand of poultry gravy mix (I know) which is very tasty and is low in fat and calories. The brand is Tone's. It's also quick, easy, and good enough that I'd eat it even if I wasn't worried about fat and calories. It's worth a try.

I buy rotisserie chicken from Sam's Club in the afternoon/evening ($4.88 and someone else cooks it! YA!), put it breast-side down wrapped in heavy duty foil and put it in the oven on 250 till my husband gets home from work. By the time we eat, it's literally falling off the bones, and because it's been breast-side down, the white meat is very, very juicy. I have no problem at all eating it. The next day I take the rest of the chicken, chop or blend it, and make chicken salad with it. Because it's so juicy and 'fall-apart' from the extra time in the oven, it only takes a little bit of mayo to make it into salad. Yum. If I don't want to make chicken salad, I take the leftover chicken and make Gumbo. Either way, a couple of meals with very little effort and very little expense. Win, win.

Good luck.

My dietitian (who is banded) calls chicken Satan's meat. She can't eat a bite of it. It's probably overall the highest rate of intolerance for band patients.

Dr. C

Cincinnati, Ohio

877.442.BAND

Ahhh... chicken... white or dark... Satan's meat indeed! There is one place here that make a salad with the most moist chicken and I can eat that with dressing on the salad... but that is it! The worst PB I ever had was after trying to eat asparagus... it was not pretty.

If you don't already have one, get you a Pampered Chef food chopper. I use it every time I get ready to eat chicken, or any other potential dry meat. I whack it several times with the chopper, then I don't have to chew on it all day to get it down. I even do it to my Lean Cuisine Meals. I promise it doesn't taste any different.

When I make tuna, I whack it, the boiled egg, and the onion I put in my Tuna salad. I love it with Miracle Whip Light.

I am 5.5 months post-op. Normally I don't have any problems with chicken cooked any way as long as it is moist or I use a sauce when I eat it. :hungry: I was trying to eat a chicken strip from Popeyes today and after 1.5 pieces. The chicken hung and I could not get any relief until I started slimming and threw up. It was a little dry but I was using some honey mustard sauce. Now I can relate to what ever one else is talking about in regards to PB'ing. I have had things get partially stuck but usually can get it to go down fine by walking or pattying myself on the chest. :)

Can't do white meat at all - but I don't have a problem with the dark meat as long as I have small small bites