Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi, I first will say, I am new at this, Sleeved on Dec 29th, I am feeling great over all.

Now, my number one food addiction ~~ pizza. There, I said it. I am addicted to Pizza and all the wonderful yummy items associated. I have worked in a few pizza joints and I simply know what I like.

My hubby knows this.... and he knows I have been cranky about certain foods in the house as of the last few weeks. So why, oh why.... Did he go and get my favorite restaurant and favorite pie and all the fixings on Friday night? I could have died. It was like bring the heroin to the addicts doorstep. I had to lock myself in my bedroom because the smells were just over whelming me.

So, my dirty secret..... I took a bite.... chewed it to oblivion and then spit it out. I had to get the craving out of my head and I knew I couldn't dare swallow even a morsel.

I know that it is counterproductive to do that, and I am sure I did get a few calories from this unfortunate act.. How do you cope though with your absolute favorite food being around and you can't have it? Of course, I could kill my hubby for it. We have talked and I have told him how weak willed I am right now and that these things really truly do bother me.... but he says it makes me stronger. Phooey on him. I have enough to deal with right now with my particular diet and exercise plan.

Sigh..... I hope this was a one time break and I can be stronger next time.

I'm so sorry to hear of your encounter! It is truly (especially at your stage) difficult when faced with the smells and sight of your favorite foods knowing full well, that you must not have any. I'm aghast at what your husband did....in fact, I have to say it was downright wrong of him! You need him to support you, especially at this point, as it's the most difficult time (was for me anyway). It was not fair, and you need to ask him, nicely, not to do it again, at least, not for a little while......

Stay strong, you can over-come this should you be faced with it again. Next time, might I suggest you go for a long walk while he's inside with the pizza. Just leave the house, get some exercise, and remind yourself why you're doing this.....it will help, trust me!

I am 9 weeks out and I completely understand how you feel with pizza. I am a true pizza lover, I'm Italian and live in New York, never in my life did I go a week without pizza. I was told three months out I could have pizza, well I could not take it anymore and had a half of slice two weeks ago. And it taste just as good as it always did. I decided that as long as I did the rest of the week good I will continue having a half of slice of pizza weekly.

But my family knew they were not allowed to bring pizza in the house unless I could eat it. Also try to wait because you don't want to hurt yourself. I didn't have any problems with other foods and ate it really slow. Try having sauce and dipping a cheese stick in it for now, I did that early on. It is worth the wait.

Good luck, Janine

It is tough, but they gotta eat. Maybe he is a pizza addict too. I didn't ask people to not eat in front of me and I still had to cook. I mean, people gotta eat. I know they don't have to eat your very favorite food in front of you. I like all food, so found it hard to avoid. I tried to eat a couple thinks too dense too soon and about choked myself to death. I learned my lesson and was thankful I didn't hurt my lil sleeve. Protect her, you do not need to go back in hospital.

But maybe the way you did it just lets you know you will not have to be separated from pizza forever. I always kind of liked thin pizza,. Now I realllllly like my pizza very thin and crispy. I'll even toast it in the oven more after it arrives. But I just have a slice. If I want another slice later I can, but for some reason it never tastes the same the second time around. Pizza is good fresh.

My problem is to convince my double stuffed pepperoni pizza kid that thin crust is better. Bc I'm tired of ordering 2 pizzas for 3 people. If I could convince him to like thin we could order half pepperoni and half canadian bacon, hamburger, and mushroom which is my favorite. Since my surgery my husband finds he now likes the thin pizza better. BC if he doesn't we might have to order 3 pizzas. Kinda dumb when I only eat a slice.

What kind do you like, just curious. Heavy breads will be hard to eat, period.

I know how you feel! I went to a movie and I just HAD to have a taste of popcorn, which I spit out. I was fine after I got that "taste" in my mouth. I realized really fast that people will not stop eating around you. It is just something we have to face with the surgery. Hang in there and just know that the liquid stage is only temporary for us. We will be able to eat those things once again, just in very small amounts.

Hi, I first will say, I am new at this, Sleeved on Dec 29th, I am feeling great over all.

Now, my number one food addiction ~~ pizza. There, I said it. I am addicted to pizza and all the wonderful yummy items associated. I have worked in a few pizza joints and I simply know what I like.

My hubby knows this.... and he knows I have been cranky about certain foods in the house as of the last few weeks. So why, oh why.... Did he go and get my favorite restaurant and favorite pie and all the fixings on Friday night? I could have died. It was like bring the heroin to the addicts doorstep. I had to lock myself in my bedroom because the smells were just over whelming me.

So, my dirty secret..... I took a bite.... chewed it to oblivion and then spit it out. I had to get the craving out of my head and I knew I couldn't dare swallow even a morsel.

I know that it is counterproductive to do that, and I am sure I did get a few calories from this unfortunate act.. How do you cope though with your absolute favorite food being around and you can't have it? Of course, I could kill my hubby for it. We have talked and I have told him how weak willed I am right now and that these things really truly do bother me.... but he says it makes me stronger. Phooey on him. I have enough to deal with right now with my particular diet and exercise plan.

First off, congratulations on being strong enough to spit it out and not swallow it. . . that is the right step! you'll do good, we are all human and we make mistakes, but at least you noticed it was a mistake, one that can be corrected but only you can correct the mistake ok. . . if your hubbie wants to be an ass and sabatoge your efforts, let him go right ahead. . . he probably wants to see if you're going to fail. . . show him different. . . hubbies are weird with this surgery, they are insecure and think we are going to leave them. . . but keep on doing what you do and show him you love him but don't eat the junk he brings now . . be really careful ok. . . you didn't do this surgery for nothing. . . good luck

I completely understand how you are feeling!!! My husband would never bring my favorite food in, because he knows I'd ring his neck......LOL. But, my family has to eat, so I've had to smell the chili dogs, chinese food, beef stroganoff, etc. I have had to go to my room several times to get away from the yummy odors while I feel like I'm going to die if I have to eat another jell-o. But, I have 5 more days til pureed, and realize in just a few short weeks I'll be able to have food with flavor again! We can do this!! Good Luck.

Sounds like you did fine for yourself. At least, you didn't eat it and make yourself sick. Ido feel you pain and struggle. I remind myself daily that I had the surgery not my boyfriend. I was able to sit at the table with him while he ate shrimp fried rice and chicken wings. I simply ate my Jello and some Soup and remembered vizualized how I'm going to look in my goal dress in the future. It's hard to believe tomorrow will be one week. I'm super excited for us all.

Now, my number one food addiction ~~ pizza. There, I said it. I am addicted to pizza and all the wonderful yummy items associated. I have worked in a few pizza joints and I simply know what I like.

Hi, The first few months are the hardest, but you will loose the most weight then too!! Stick to your diet, you are doing great! I'm 8 mo out and if we are out with the gang for pizza, I go, I eat a small salad first then the topping off a piece of pizza. Then I don't feel like I am missing out. You just have to plan ahead, so that you get the Protein in that you need for the day. It's still hard, there are a lot of temptations out there and I wont' say that I have always been perfect, far from it. But after a miss you just have to get back on track. Fortunately what I have found with the sleeve is that even after a cruise vacation I only gained a couple of pounds and then was able to get them back off in a couple of weeks. Still have a lot to loose and not following my diet perfectly has slowed things down, but it's a new year and now I'm ready to get back!

Don't feel bad you're not the only one. I did the same thing probably 6-8 times. I can now eat about 2 small slices of pizza on thin crust so I don't spit it out anymore. But it's normal and you will get past it...

I am a little over 6 months out

take care

The good thing is that when you get round to having the pizza, if you eat it slowly you WONT lose control and stop when full. Just have some faith at the moment, it's hard on liquids as you have to contend with the idea of not eating and you can often wonder if you feel hungry or even had the surgery as the restriction is not SO obvious. Solids wiill be another thing altogether

WHY would he do that? What I'm thinking I will not post, but what a jerk. Just know that at some point you can have a piece, and if you are like me, you will not be able to eat more than one....and that WILL satisfy you. We make our own pizza now, after reading pizza Hut's nutritional info, I CHOOSE not to go and eat what they offer....and I know the others are just as bad. We have a recipe for a home made whole wheat crust that is better than anything "out" and we put the Ragu pizza sauce on it. I like Canadian Bacon for a little Protein, the part skim mozzarella cheese - more Protein, banana peppers and mushrooms! Oh-so-good. With such a little tummy, I pick the smallest piece of our med. sized home made pizza so I will have room to eat the crust!!! Pre-op I could eat or almost eat a half a lrg Pizza Hut pizza.....shocking to me now! Hang in there and be strong....I'd have a LONG talk with that husband of yours and ask him why he'd want to sabatage you like that....to me, that is mean. Shame on him!

Now, my number one food addiction ~~ Pizza. There, I said it. I am addicted to Pizza and all the wonderful yummy items associated. I have worked in a few pizza joints and I simply know what I like.

Oh heck yes! All the time! I'm the cook around here so I do it purposefully to see that the food I'm cooking tastes right..then I spit it out. Kind of like going to a wine tasting and using a spit glass so that you don't get drunk. lol

I've also just picked something up and put it in my mouth without thinking and then thought to myself "aaaack...don't eat that" and I spit it out. I'm just happy that I'm so aware of what I put in my mouth these days.