Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok call me a major weirdo here but I really dislike pizza always have. . my crack food is meat. Stupid huh? I don't really have a "I'll kill for that" food. . . for me it's well whatever, but i'll choose meats over pies, Cookies, cakes, etc. . . even as a little kid, my mom tells me i would run over to the cold cuts verus the cookies or candy. . .

I was sipping on Pickle Juice 5 days out, so I am sure you will be just fine. You chewed chewed chewed and then spit it out. Good job!! I hate to say I did the same thing with the actual pickle that was in the package. I chewed chewed chewed and then spit it out because I felt like I was going to get sick for doing something I wasn't suppose to be doing.. Tell hubby it has to stop!! If he wants that sort of food knowing that it's an addiction to you then he needs to enjoy it elsewhere. If you got your craving out of the way without swallowing then you are ahead of some people.. It's going to take a along time for your body to adjust to not having it as a crutch or anything else you may use it for. Eventually you will be able to sit and enjoy a SMALL portion of your favorites, but try not to over indulge and always get it out of the house when you are finished with it.. I have found it keeps me from going back for little nit picks here and there.. Deli Sliced Turkey Breast and Light Cream cheese have become my new favorite. 1 slice with a little sliver of cream cheese is a perfect YUMMY snack!! Plus it's like 14-16 grams of Protein can't beat that.. Stay strong and fight the urges you will overcome your addictions!!

Ahhhhh.... Pickle juice..... I have to say that pickles are the number one thing I miss eating. I have my next doctor appointment next week and I plan to ask when I can eat a pickle again. I could give up pizza forever (it would be very hard) but I can't live without my pickles! :)

I'm six weeks out and have been sampling ALMOST everything, except breads, rices (all pastas in general), nuts and deserts. I'm learning that my sleeve is going to be my big brother for the rest of my life...I will be eating healthier and my big brother will make sure I don't over do it. My husband LOVES food (of course he's in great shape), but he's been so concerned about eating in front of me that HE actually goes into another room to eat something I would love. When I look at myself in the mirror after these 6 weeks and see such a dramatic change in my features already, my desire to follow the plan takes over. Hang in there, be strong and think of all you've gone through already - are the juices of one bite of pizza worth all that?

Hi, I first will say, I am new at this, Sleeved on Dec 29th, I am feeling great over all.

Now, my number one food addiction ~~ pizza. There, I said it. I am addicted to pizza and all the wonderful yummy items associated. I have worked in a few pizza joints and I simply know what I like.

My hubby knows this.... and he knows I have been cranky about certain foods in the house as of the last few weeks. So why, oh why.... Did he go and get my favorite restaurant and favorite pie and all the fixings on Friday night? I could have died. It was like bring the heroin to the addicts doorstep. I had to lock myself in my bedroom because the smells were just over whelming me.

So, my dirty secret..... I took a bite.... chewed it to oblivion and then spit it out. I had to get the craving out of my head and I knew I couldn't dare swallow even a morsel.

I know that it is counterproductive to do that, and I am sure I did get a few calories from this unfortunate act.. How do you cope though with your absolute favorite food being around and you can't have it? Of course, I could kill my hubby for it. We have talked and I have told him how weak willed I am right now and that these things really truly do bother me.... but he says it makes me stronger. Phooey on him. I have enough to deal with right now with my particular diet and exercise plan.

Sigh..... I hope this was a one time break and I can be stronger next time.

Hey there,

I had my sleeve the same day you did.........and I have no regrets.

It is so very hard to sit and watch someone eating my fav foods, but, I have been very good to keep my goal in perfect view.

I cannot wait to be a "cougar"....hehe....I cannot wait to get out on that ski hill on opening day in November 2011.

I am starting to feel lighter on my feet, and speaking of feet, that is where I have noticed the most weightloss, oh, my fingers as well, can no longer wear my wedding ring.

What a great feeling.

I am still on the full Fluid stage, as I have tried to move ahead to the mushie stage and I am finding that it all comes back on me.

Oh, what a horrible feeling,

My chest starts to tighten up and then it feels like I need to burp, so I pat my chest to help the burp come out....this goes on for it seems like forever.

This also happens when I drink to fast or to much, I used to gulp my iced cold Water down, or a nice ice cold glass of milk, cannot ever do that again.

I will say that I am really, really getting tired of the full fluids, cannot wait to chop on something crunchie. I tried dry toast the other day, and that was a no no.

I am experiencing lots of acid reflux, aweful.

Along with lots of burping, especially after drinking or eating something.

I have been able to eat:

Jello

Protein drink ( small amounts at a time)

pudding

juice - 1/2 & 1/2 with Water (it is too sweet for me) small sip at a time

poached egg

yogurt

apple sauce

arrow root Cookies

cream of mushroom Soup (small amounts at a time)

I sure could use some other ideas on what to try.

I have read that many of you have been sipping on broth, I am thinking that may be too salty.

Remember, we are all here for each other, and if anyone on this site can make someone's life much easier with a few little tips, lets help each other.

I am so proud of each and everyone of you, and I am so happy to see that you are all sharing the journey.

Take care and keep your chin up.

S:)

Someone posted a recipe for some cauliflower crust pizza that I want to try once I am on solid foods. I hope it is good! You can get the recipe just by searching online.

I'm so sorry to hear of your encounter! It is truly (especially at your stage) difficult when faced with the smells and sight of your favorite foods knowing full well, that you must not have any. I'm aghast at what your husband did....in fact, I have to say it was downright wrong of him! You need him to support you, especially at this point, as it's the most difficult time (was for me anyway). It was not fair, and you need to ask him, nicely, not to do it again, at least, not for a little while......

Ask him nicely? Why don't you just ask him to quit being a schmuck and trying to sabotage you. I mean really. Is he that dumb?

Hehehe, Thanks everyone for your advice. I got over that hump, and I am doing better now. I think that it takes a week or two for all the ghrelin to get out of your body. I am not having nearly as many food cravings as I did before. Interestingly enough, hubby wanted to do the pre-op and post-op diet with me. That never happened. I went grocery shopping yesterday, I bought the things I needed and I bought the things that he and my son need for meals etc (since it is different). He was getting so pissy when I didn't buy a bunch of junk food and snack crap. He loves to eat late night and I am trying to break him of that habit big time. It was almost a war because I got yogurt and he didn't get pop and chips. LOL....

I knew I was going to be the catalyst for change in our family diet, but boy this is tough. ;-)

Maybe this can help, saw it on another board with pictures, looks super yummy, makes 4 slices, see attached .doc file for recipe and pictures.

You Won't Believe it's Cauliflower pizza Crust

The crust, baked initially. Can be frozen.

• 1 cup cooked, riced cauliflower*
  • 1 egg
  • 1 cup mozzarella cheese
  • 1/2 tsp fennel
  • 1 tsp oregano
  • 2 tsp parsley
  • **pizza or Alfredo sauce
  • toppings (make sure meats are cooked)
  • mozzarella cheese

1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
  2. Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray.
  3. In a medium bowl, combine cauliflower, egg and mozzarella. Press evenly on the pan. Sprinkle evenly with fennel, oregano and parsley.
  4. Bake at 450 degrees for 12-15 minutes (15-20 minutes if you double the recipe).
  5. Remove the pan from the oven. To the crust, add sauce, then toppings and cheese.< /li>
  6. Place under a broiler (grill for the Europeans) at high heat just until cheese is melted **.

Notes:

*I use frozen cauliflower prepared according to package directions. After cooked and slightly cooled, I shred cauliflower with a cheese grater, and then measure for the recipe. (Don't pack down the cup with cauliflower. Just fill it with a spoon or the cup itself.)

** The pizza sauce I use is Great Value Pizza sauce from Wal-Mart. At only 3 net carbs per quarter cup, you get a lot of punch for little carbohydrate pow.

*** You can try re-baking the pizza at 450 once you add toppings if desired, but the crust is not quite as crusty. There is a minimal difference, so see what works best for you.

Cauliflower Pizza Crust.doc

Hehehe, Thanks everyone for your advice. I got over that hump, and I am doing better now. I think that it takes a week or two for all the ghrelin to get out of your body. I am not having nearly as many food cravings as I did before. Interestingly enough, hubby wanted to do the pre-op and post-op diet with me. That never happened. I went grocery shopping yesterday, I bought the things I needed and I bought the things that he and my son need for meals etc (since it is different). He was getting so pissy when I didn't buy a bunch of junk food and snack crap. He loves to eat late night and I am trying to break him of that habit big time. It was almost a war because I got yogurt and he didn't get pop and chips. LOL....

I knew I was going to be the catalyst for change in our family diet, but boy this is tough. ;-)

I think the important thing to remember is that this level of restriction won't last forever, and you need to be super careful to heal your stomach during this time. Maybe if you remind your hubby that eventually you will be able to share pizza with him (probably only a slice!), he'll be willing to give it up temporarily... I know it has helped me a lot to realize that this ultra-restrictive phase is temporary, maybe it'll help the hubby as well :-)