Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What was your weight lose @ 2 months out?

Below is my weight loss for the first couple of months...I'm now stalled at 180!

June 24, 2010 242-started pre-diet

June 29, 2010 237-day of surgery

July 4, 2010 232

July 5, 2010 230

July 6, 2010 228

July 7, 2010 228

July 8, 2010 228

July 9, 2010 227

July 10, 2010 225

July 11, 2010 223

July 12, 2010 222

July 13, 2010 221.5

July 14, 2010 220

July 15, 2010 220

July 16, 2010 220

July 17, 2010 220

July 18, 2010 220

July 19, 2010 220

July 20, 2010 220

July 21, 2010 220

July 22, 2010 218.5

July 23, 2010 220

July 24, 2010 218

September 3, 2010 208

September 25, 2010 202

October 1, 2010 200

October 14, 2010 199

October 26, 2010 195

I do not remember my BMI, but I just went for my 6week post op and only lost 27 pounds. I am very discouraged, although the nurse did say, that does come to 4-5/week. Most of it, was all the first month. It has definitely gone slow. Though I have seen a very big change is clothes size (usually a 24 or maybe a 22) and just bought a 16W in jeans. That DID feel real good. (Sorry, I don't know how to put a tape ticker on.) Guss the good thing is that at least I know I won't gain.

im 3 months today and down -40 LBS. Im a slower loser than some on here but anytime ive dieted it came off slow so im happy. :)

Day of surgery my BMI was 46. 2 months post surgery I had a loss of 35 lbs.

I am now 11 weeks out and am down 41 lbs. I feel like my weight loss is a little slow. But I'm happy nonetheless. My tickler below reflects the 21 lbs I lost pre surgery :)

Also off the topic I feel like I can eat way MORE than the average "sleever'. Went to a support group at Kaiser last night and a friend of mine can not even eat 1 scrambled egg. Where as I can eat 1 scrambled egg, 2 pieces of turkey bacon and 1/2 a piece of toast! yikes! . . . such a big difference and we are both 11 wks post surgery.

I lost 15 lbs prior to surgery. Sleeved 11/30 - I'm 6 weeks out & down 30 lbs for a total of 45 lbs since I stepped foot in my doctor's office.

At week 8 I was down 30lbs from 256 sleeve weight and 37lbs from highest weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m barely 2 weeks and 5 days out and I’ve lost 32 pounds these past 2 weeks is it normal to go that fast?

A lot depends on where you started from Miguel, higher the weight the more folk are expected to lose. It’s about % loss rather than pure pounds.

E.g. at 6 weeks I had lost 25% of my excess weight (weight over ‘normal’ BMI for my build).

Here’s a link to a look at https://www.obesitycoverage.com/weight-loss-surgeries/gastric-sleeve/gastric-sleeves-how-much-weight-will-i-lose with a calculator that gives you a view of how people do on average versus the highest losing portion of people and the lower losing portions.

Also the gentlemen tend to lose more rapidly because of more muscle mass and other gender related metabolism effects.

Also depends on age, especially, for women. Post menopause weight is LOTS tougher to shift.

That’s ignoring how well folk are sticking to nutrition guidance, what the guidance is (varies so much more than I thought it would - I was only fluids for a week before surgery and skipped clear fluids to go to full fluids 2 days after). Then there’s exercise. Some folk are at gym 5 days per week, some, like me, walk 30-45mins 3 times a week, some can’t do or choose not to do any).

Plus loads of other factors...so, in loads too many words, not simple to answer and always best to not compare if you can resist it, but talk to nutritionist or doc if really concerned. [emoji3526]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk