Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

8-1/2 mths postop from Sleeve

I know what you mean about going to the old size. Heck I don't even know how the sizes work out of the womans sections! What the heck is all this Missy's, Petites ect????? What happened to a size 12 being a size 12? The other thing I find funny getting past is when you go to put on your new size clothes and you feel like they are going to be too small because you are used to how far wide they opened before. It is like a second of panic and then a celebration because they do indeed go on!

Oh i totally know what you mean about the clothes, and that moment of panic. Looking at these size 16 jeans I have..I've noticed how short the length of the zipper portion is..compared to my 32 jeans. So weird to hold them up and look at them..because they look way too small for me. I remember looking at the more fashionable jeans in 16's and smaller, wishing I could wear them, but knowing I would never wear them..then surgery..and now 8-1/2 mths later..OMG..amazed! I told my mom that I am wearing a size 16 jean, i was so excited..what does she say? She says..'Well..were they womans..or were they misses?'...because she wears misses. I sense that she's getting a bit jealous that I am closer to her size now. Many little comments, so i don't even mention weight to her anymore.

Thank You! And I would love to add some pictures for you all to see, but I cannot figure out how. Any tips on adding them? I see the link to add image, but you need to know the URL of the image..I can't figure that part out.

You first need to save the pictures on your computer in a file that you will remember where it is (don't laugh, can't tell you how many times I have saved something and then forgotten where I saved it to!). Then click on your screen name here and it will take you to your profile page. You should be able to click on the tab that says Gallery and then there should be an Add Images button (or something like that) I am totally trying to do this from memory.

If someone has the exact process written down, please post for Dawn so we can see her amazing transformation!

You are so inspiring and gives us hope for those of us who are seeking out this journey. It so good to hear of great success. CONGRATS! CONGRATS! CONGRATS! On another note try to be understanding with your mom. My sister had lapband and lost tons of weight it was so hard to see especially when I tried so hard to make it a reality in my own life. I wasnt heavy enough to have the option of surgery. I was stuck in that size 14-16(its big for me) no matter how much i tried. I really was/am happy for my sister she really needed the weight loss because she is a single mom raising 2 boys. Nonetheless the jealous monster was there. I wasn't proud of it. Just my story. BUT I am so happy for you.

You are so inspiring and gives us hope for those of us who are seeking out this journey. It so good to hear of great success. CONGRATS! CONGRATS! CONGRATS! On another note try to be understanding with your mom. My sister had lapband and lost tons of weight it was so hard to see especially when I tried so hard to make it a reality in my own life. I wasnt heavy enough to have the option of surgery. I was stuck in that size 14-16(its big for me) no matter how much i tried. I really was/am happy for my sister she really needed the weight loss because she is a single mom raising 2 boys. Nonetheless the jealous monster was there. I wasn't proud of it. Just my story. BUT I am so happy for you.

Thank You! And yes..I am understanding of how my weight loss may be making her feel. Even my friends give me the vibe that they don't want to hear about my loss. I thought that's what friends were for though..to be there for each other. I find myself very much alone with noone I can talk to. There are so many changes going on with me, but yet I don't have anyone to discuss it with. I guess I feel I've been there for my friends w/everything they have been through, so just because this has to do with weight...they don't have to be there for me? I know that wasn't what you had implied at all..just how I'm feeling right now. The message boards are great, but I really wish I had someone who has went through surgery and lived close by to get together with and talk one on one. I need a friend..LOL

Hi Dawn!! Welcome to VST!!

I remember seeing your befores and afters at OH... you are really very inspirational, and I needed to see that at the very moment you posted them. I was having a bad moment - but you brought me out - and I'm sure you didn't even realize it. :D

I hope you like it here!!

To post pictures on this thread go to the "Use Full Editor" button and it will take you to a page where you can upload photos to your thread. At least until you can to to upload them to your profile... I know a lot of folks will be very inspired by your progress.

Hugs!!!

Okay..I hope this works! Here are a few pictures of me. The one is me before surgery at 354 lbs, and 8mths postop in a size 18 jean (size 32 jean before). The other picture is various pictures of me before surgery..and me now.

post-6684-13813656212881_thumb.jpg

post-6684-13813656213091_thumb.jpg

Dawn. I think you look 20 years younger! Amazing Amazing Amazing. Great Job. I know what you mean about friends and loved ones not wanting to hear about you successes and weight loss. I have experienced that already and I am only 5 weeks out. You can always brag to us! We will Celebrate with you!

Wow!!! You should be very proud of yourself. You are such an inspiration to us who are trying to have the sleeve. Congratulations and keep up the great work!

Wow!!! You should be very proud of yourself. You are such an inspiration to us who are trying to have the sleeve. Congratulations and keep up the great work!

You look soooo much younger, I know others have told you the same thing! Yay for you!! Just wait, you'll keep losing, and I did NOT have a problem as I got closer to goal, the hardest part for me is stopping!!! I've been maintaining since the first week of November....it takes a while to get the hang of it, and it takes a while for our BRAIN to catch up to what the surgeon did to our little tummy!!! Going to the missy dept instead of the women's IS strang, isn't it? For the first time in my life, shopping is fun, fun, fun!! It is weird taking jeans out of the dryer and not needing to lay on the bed to get them zipped. I still look at them and think, NO WAY can i slip into them!!! Keep up the good work, you look amazing!!! Kudos to you!!! Have a great day....I bet you reach your goal and go even lower!

Okay..I hope this works! Here are a few pictures of me. The one is me before surgery at 354 lbs, and 8mths postop in a size 18 jean (size 32 jean before). The other picture is various pictures of me before surgery..and me now.

Thank You! And yes..I am understanding of how my weight loss may be making her feel. Even my friends give me the vibe that they don't want to hear about my loss. I thought that's what friends were for though..to be there for each other. I find myself very much alone with noone I can talk to. There are so many changes going on with me, but yet I don't have anyone to discuss it with. I guess I feel I've been there for my friends w/everything they have been through, so just because this has to do with weight...they don't have to be there for me? I know that wasn't what you had implied at all..just how I'm feeling right now. The message boards are great, but I really wish I had someone who has went through surgery and lived close by to get together with and talk one on one. I need a friend..LOL

You are absolutely inspiring. I was sleeved 2 months ago and I have lost close to 50 lbs so far. It is helpful to hear of someone who was around my weight as well, and it is working successfully for them. Sometimes i think what a long way for me to go, but it really isn't in the scheme of things when it took years to put it on and its only taking months to take it back off lol.

I know what you mean as well about not having a friend to turn too. I am in the same boat ...more because they are already thin. lol I went and got me a personal trainer at the gym and I talk to him haha...sure I pay him to listen but hey it works for now :)

Congrats and good luck!!!! I am on Facebook if you want to add me.

Dawn, amazing. I am one week out. I've lost 7 since surgery. I just made Onederland. WOW. I too am on thyroid meds. Also high bp; high cholesterol, antidepressants, and sleep apnea machine. I wan to rid as much of those as I can. Your story encourages me. Thanks.