Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

50+ lbs & GOALLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!

I know, I know. It’s been toooo long since I’ve updated. We’ll just blame it on life. The last couple of months of 2010 were a dooozy. I was so glad to kick that year in the arse on the way out the door into 2011. *sheesh* Praying for a much smoother ride this year – though all things considered: at least I got my health on track.

shake weight for Christmas. Might seem like a gimmick, but it’s doing something. I feel it! I won’t even talk about the rapidly depleting “fun-bags”. I’m greatful I still have significant cuppage – even if it is on the count of them being so longgggg. By the time I scoop the slinky’s up into one of my FAB new over-the-shoulder-boulder-holders from Lane Bryant, I still have an ample bosom. *cheeze* I have also noticed that my build-a-booty exercises are working better than I expected. That, and a nice proper fitting pair of slacks makes me look Beyonce-bootylicious (even if HERS is fake).

Speaking of slacks – I’m in a size 18 now. CANUFRIGGENBELIEVEIT?? At my biggest (in August) I was a sz 22/24. I’m now about 60# down (give or take, depending on the day), and its still somehow lost on me. Yeah, I get that its gonna take awhile for my old brain to catch up to my new body, but I feel like in some weird parallel universe at times. I mean – is “this” really…ME?

The last time I saw 250# was over 10 years ago. And now, I’m only 51# away from my first super big goal of getting UNDER 200#. I’m on my way to ONE-derland, baybee!!! Though, I guess me hitting 50# was worth some fanfare – I just kinda…forgot. *shrug*

People ask me a lot how I feel. Well, most days, I feel pretty good. I’m pretty much back to “normal”. With the exception of raw veggies/salads (and I’m craving a ceasar salad something fierce). The nausea/vomitting has subsided. And my knees and back/hips are thanking me. I’m more active in terms of walking when I can, takig the steps when I can, dancing when I can, and doing my lil mini-workouts in the bedroom. Really, its been going pretty well. I’m rather proud of myself, even if what I’m doing is minimal at the moment.

Protein in the first couple months…my hair started falling out. BIG time. In CLUMPS. My big beautiful fro is no more. *sadface* At first, I went with rockin drawstring pontails for a minute, but I just didn’t feel like…ME. So, on Christmas, I cut my hair off. I figured I rather have short, vibrant, healthy hair.. then longer/bigger patchy hair. So I’m going to keep it short for the next 9 months or so until I can get my protein & everything where it should be. Maintain my fiery crown of red (with the help of Clairol textures-n-tones “Flaming Desire”), however short, and rock on…

I will say one last thing – the weightloss surgery was one of the best decisions I’ve ever made. Rough start aside, it gets easier every day. I’m making much better food choices, which means I still get to enjoy the things I love on occasion (cupcake, anyone? Well, in my case 1/2 a cupcake *lol*). I’m even rather fond of green veggies. Who woulda thunk it!?

I do still feel guilty when folks give accolades of “keep up the good work” b/c I don’t feel like I’m doing much to earn that. But, if deciding to actually “do” something about my weight & health (surgery or no)…well I guess that counts for something!

Thanks to all who have continued to support, encourage, and drool.

Think I’m lookin hawt now? Just *weight* until the summer icon_wink.gif?m=1235672209g

15wks1.jpg?w=300&h=225almost halfway there!

Awesome story! Can't wait to see how you progress over the next year. I'm hoping to be sleeved sometime this summer.

Thanks for sharing!! I kinda wonder what had happen to you. I used to love reading your blogs.

Keep rocking your sleeve. Sounds like you are doing fantastic. KUDOS to you!!!

Deb B)

Hey Vixen,

congrats... what a great success you have had so far, as I am sure it will continue all the way to goal... great pics defo looking 'hawt'

I LOVE your style of writing.... bring more on !! =]

You totally ROCK girl!!! You look fabulous and I think I could read your blog all day long :-) You have a true gift for writing and what an inspiration you are to the rest of us!

I'm right there with you on the hair loss. I am just over 3 months out and didn't have a lot of hair to begin with. So I've been busily shopping for wigs (have bought 4 so far) and wore one for the first time to work the other day. Felt really self conscious but everyong said it looked good. . .hopefully they weren't just being nice! Would love to chop my hair off really short like yours but would be afraid you would see big holes of scalp! Yours looks fabulous!

Your brain will catch up with the weight loss. I'm going through the same thing. I still see the same *me* in the mirror but everyone else's comments let me know that there is apparently a huge difference.

Keep it up and we look forward to seeing less of you soon :-)

Yep still here. Mi vida loca is the only reason for not posting - just doen'st seem to be enough hours in the day. Work, family, buisiness...has been wearin a sister downnnnnnn

Thanks for sharing!! I kinda wonder what had happen to you. I used to love reading your blogs.

Keep rocking your sleeve. Sounds like you are doing fantastic. KUDOS to you!!!

Deb B)

Thankies!! I really still can't believe it. My mind hasn't wrapped itself around the fact that this weightloss....IS HAPPENEING. *smh* I have my good days (self confidence) and bad days (lack there-of)...but when I look at the comparison shots, I get all giddy. I would have NEVER been able to do this on my own, so I'm just thankful that I was able to get the surgical halp necessary to make a life-long change...

I'm rather nuts - so i appreciate the writing love. you can check out my full blog here: http://vanishingvixen.wordpress.com

Hey Vixen,

congrats... what a great success you have had so far, as I am sure it will continue all the way to goal... great pics defo looking 'hawt'

I LOVE your style of writing.... bring more on !! =]

You look wonderful, congrats on that first goal, SO exciting!

I just bookmarked your blog and will spend some time checking it out. Thanks for the link!