Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was sleeved Dec 1st and had to do 2 weeks of blood thinners. I have been cold all the time also. I have been sleeping in flannel pajamas, socks and and extra blanket and I live in AL. I think with the continue loss of body fat this is going to be a fact of life for me. Good news is Summer will probably be more bearable.

I'm so cold all the time! How long does this last?

I was doing some reading and found out that Ghrelin also affects maintenance of body temperature. That may be a factor why so many sleevers get cold, even when they are still overweight.

Interesting, as I too now feel the cold when I didn't before... so is this how slim people experience the winter...lol! =]

I've only just started experiencing this in the past few weeks. It's not as extreme as some people seem to deal with. What I've noticed mostly is that when others around me are fanning and saying it's burning up, I feel just right like it's the perfect temperature. I agree that next summer might actually be bearable here in Hotlanta. :lol:

I live in Canada... and No its not always winter here.. but it is winter right now and MAN IM FREEEEZING! Im ALWAYS cold! its kind of a bummer but im sure i will adjust sooner than later... COME ON SUMMER HEAT!! :)

I was doing some reading and found out that Ghrelin also affects maintenance of body temperature. That may be a factor why so many sleevers get cold, even when they are still overweight.

I KNEW it wasn't just anemia/protein/loss of fat. thin people aren't as cold. Lovely...I guess just don't look like you've gained 25 by putting on a warm coat!

So if I hear you right. We will always be cold? Because doesn't our surgery cut out the part of the stomach that produces Ghrelin?

Deb B)

I was sleeved 8 months ago and I still experience coldness frequently. Or at least my propensity to it .. it hits hard and fast out of the blue. Even during the summer months. I think it's a part of this journey of rapid weight loss and as well, less body fat.

It's cold here in the north of England but I 've never felt the cold so much in my life! I always used to be the hot sweaty one, I'm sure that ghrelin theory is right!

I have been cold for a while anyway since I have been hypothyroid and that causes extreme coldness. At times my temp is 95.6. It had actually gotten up to 97 prior to surgery. So I guess I am just used to it and can't really notice that much difference.

I'm 8 1/2 months out and it's just as you said, feel fine then bam I'm grabbing for a sweater. I dress in layers now/lol

I was sleeved 8 months ago and I still experience coldness frequently. Or at least my propensity to it .. it hits hard and fast out of the blue. Even during the summer months. I think it's a part of this journey of rapid weight loss and as well, less body fat.

Well I'm 74 lbs down and I would like to know is, where are my promised cold flashes?! Lol, I live and work in Iraq, where summertime temperatures are around 125 degrees F. I would be THRILLED to be chilly! But 74 lbs down and I notice no particular change in body temperature, when everyone else says it's stifling in the office, I think it's stifling too. Of course it is winter right now so no true test, but it's going to start warming up by end of March so we'll see.

Well I'm 74 lbs down and I would like to know is, where are my promised cold flashes?! Lol, I live and work in Iraq, where summertime temperatures are around 125 degrees F. I would be THRILLED to be chilly! But 74 lbs down and I notice no particular change in body temperature, when everyone else says it's stifling in the office, I think it's stifling too. Of course it is winter right now so no true test, but it's going to start warming up by end of March so we'll see.