Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

SMMC LB support group chicas

Hi guys just wanted to tell you that I talked to Bille again this afternoon and she told me not to give up. We will file an appeal like you suggested Angela. She thinks that once they explain about my UGI that insurance will feel different about it. One of my friends at work said I should just go to the ER say I'm having terrible abdominal pain tell them I have a band. Then they'd do another UGI and maybe it'd get done as emergency surgery. I told her I'm not the desparate yet but I'd keep it mind. Billie and you guys are great I'll try to perk up a little bit more.

Good luck with your appeal Cynthia! I definitely think that Dr. Hoehn needs to send them a strongly worded letter detailing all the possible complications that can arise from a misplaced band.

Cate, the only thing that I would think your strapless bra may do is irritated the area around your port. It shouldn't make it budge or move or flip or anything. They secure it really well.

Angela, I am with you on the painful PB's! When I get something stuck...it is soooooo painful. I hate it. Have you tried the meat tenderizer or the papaya enzyme pills yet?

I've tried the papaya enzyme. All it has done is taste nasty and turn my PB orange. I've not tried the meat tendeizer, though I did buy some at the store tonight. How much do you do? Just put as much in a teaspoon of Water as you can get to disolve?

Cate - I'm confused! Which really just means all is right with the world... "I can see the two needle sticks from before right hwere it hits" What two needle sticks? You mean from your fills? Or something on the bra is sticking you like a needle? :confused: But no, I can't think of any way that it would mess up your port.

I didn't really measure the one time I tried the meat tenderizer. I had a couple of tablespoons of Water and I just dumped some in, mixed it up and then psyched myself up to take a swallow. It was totally disgusting, but worked instantly!!! It was amazing. The pain was gone just like that. It is at least worth a try once.

Angela, I mean the needle sticks from my two fills. I can still see the tiny mark.

BTW girls... I'm a drunky drunk girl right now. Last week before NOLA... Yikes. Happy hour started at like 5pm, and I'm getting home now and it's 130. Yikes!

However, based on my PM weigh, hopefully I should be down a lb or so tomorrow, so my tradition of drinking too much wine = weight loss is in tact.

Also... we should talk about next Tuesday.. I realized I am supposed to meet w/ my work girls for another happy hour.... which sometimes lasts until 130. Usually we go to the Brooksider bc we get free drinks (tab for 8 hours = $9). So maybe we could meet at slider if I can't make it to Buca? (Too drunk :confused:) We can talk manana. But also all girls know about my WLS so openness is ok - I talked a lot about wt. tonight.

Ok too drunky to continue - g'night girls. xoxo

Hey Cate - as much as I think it'd be great fun to help send you off, you should take the time you need with your friends. If that means we have to wait until you make it to a support group during a visit later in the year, then we can wait.

I've had to leave my friends, and I know how hard it can be -- go out with them, and don't worry about time or whether or not you can meet up with us... your friends are going to be the ones that you miss, and the ones that you'll want to fill your final memories. (I've lived here over 10 years and I STILL wish I'd spent more time with friends before we moved).

I'm in the 2s!!

Ok guys so you know what just sort of hit me? Going by the numbers off my home scale, I'm "only" 16 pounds away from having lost 100 lbs. :)

How did that happen? :confused:

I've been so focused in one the day to day, week to week, that I've been forgetting to step back and focus on the larger picture. (I do the same thing when I shop... "Oh it's only $50"... well if I do that 6 times, it's now $300...")

If I can lose those 16 lbs in 2 months, that will have me at 100 lbs lost 6 months post-op. I had set a personal goal of 100 lbs in the first year, so if I get there at 6 months we're going to get together and CELEBRATE! :)

So help keep me on track for the next 2 months! :hail:

You are an inspiration to me. Just thinking of losing 100 lbs in a year is incredible but in 6 months.....the stuff dreams are made of. You can do it. Katt

Cate, I agree with Angela. Take your time with your friends. It is no biggee. We can keep in touch and see you on one of your visits back to KC.

Holy Cow Angela!!!! You Rock! We definitely need to Celebrate your 100 lb. mark. I know you can do it!

I am starting a carb detox again on Monday. I have been soooo bad with carbs lately. Anyone want to join me? We can go through the withdrawl headaches together... what fun.

Hey guys. I just checked and my BMI is 28.8 (Slightly Overweight). In order to get to a BMI of 24.9 (Healthy), I need to lose 25 more lbs. That sounds like a lot from where I am now. I just don't know if this should still be my goal or if should not get hung up on these numbers.

What are your goals? (Scale, sizes and overall health-wise.)

Holli - I'll do it with you. I need to. I've rediscovered pretzels and tortilla chips lately. :confused: They honey wheat pretzels were always a weakness with me... and tortilla chips w/ guacamole (can you say "Chipotle is evil!")

Am I remembering wrong, or did your DH teach? If that's right, can you ask him something for me? I want to buy a used overhead projector, like they use in schools... the EMLO ones or whatever. There are several on ebay but shipping is a fortune - way more than the projector itself, and I don't need or want a new one. I thought if I could find some teachers to ask, maybe they'd know if the schools ever have sales or auctions for used/outdated equipment!

In terms of goals -- when I wore sz 20 (the pics earlier) I weighed somewhere between 230 and 245. To get back in the jeans I have on in that picture (I still have them) is my first goal. I think ultimately about 180 for me... it's been a while since I've weighed 180 but I seem to remember that is a 12 or 14... which is a good size for me considering my height (and hopefully I'll get back the inch I lost as I lose weight... and get less "compressed").

I'd be happy with a 14. I truly don't want to be *skinny*. And at a 14 I should be able to shop anywhere, which is the most important thing. :confused:

BMI... let's see. At 5'10 and 180 my BMI would be 25.8, so I'd still be overweight... even if I got my inch back I'd still be 0.1 BMI point into the "overweight" category. I can't really remember what I looked like at 180, but I didn't feel obese... I could wear a bathing suit, had a relatively flat stomach... I'll have to see if I can find any pics.

I guess overall I'm looking more at sizes than weight. I don't care if I weigh 400 lbs, as long as I can get into a 14... but I won't be happy weighing 90 lbs if I'm still in a 22!

Oh and I just remembered, when Dr. Sabapathy asked me what weight I wanted to get to, I started thinking about it and he suggested about 180 for me. I told him I'd be thrilled even at 200 - 210.

Chipotle is evil. We must stay away. (At least for a while.)

Yep. He is a teacher. I will check with him and see if he knows anything or who to talk to. One thought--right now might be a good time to check in with the school districts. I know during the summer is when they go in and redo parts of the schools, change out equipment, etc...

I was around size 12/14 at 155-165 lbs.. (I have wide hips--gotta love it!) That is kind of where I am headed. Not too far to go, but unless I hit 159 I will still be "slightly overweight" on the BMI calculator.