Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I just got sleeved and im already having a stall?!?

I just got sleeved on Dec 15. I've lost 22 lbs. ..my time of the month started and I gained five. Since then....I haven't been able to loose like I was at the begining....has this happened to anyone else?

I had surgery on December 15th also. I lost 12 pounds pre-op and I lost 11 by my 2 week check up on December 28th. My doctor moved me to full liquids at that time. I woke up the next morning 2 lbs heavier and I have now been stuck for a full week. It's pretty frustrating.

I think it is just your body adjusting to the change. With so much less intake it goes into survival mode storing all the fat. I think once it readjust you will start dropping more weight. Best wishes I can't wait till I get my sleeve Just remember when you were where I am now and be happy you are on the other side lol

I stalled after 3 weeks also. But after a week I started losing again very slowly. I think every few weeks as I am changing my eating habits is when I am slowing down so it is most likely our body adjusted to change. Luckily for me, I had a hysterectomy 15 yrs ago so I don't get those monthly visits to slow me down but I heard others usually have a gain during that time. I may be losing slow at times but I am still losing. Hang in there.

I got my sleeve done on Dec 7th. started 199 lbs on the day of the surgery and yesterday i weighed 185.0 and this morning im a whopping 186.2! What in the world is happening? I made it a point to just weigh myself once a day and thats in the morning when i wake up and after i urinated...lol...

Another problem too is that I havent had my period in 2 months...and im sure im not pregnant because i am single...people say its the body trying to adjust to the changes, but wow....how come i feel like im the only one stalling??? I think everyone else or majority of sleevers out there are losing a pound every single day and mine is just

s t a l l i n g !!!!!

Im scared of my six week doc visit, I feel embarassed that i practically didnt lose that much...im sure my doc expected me to lose more....

BUT ILL PRAY FOR ALL OF US WHO ARE STRESSED OUT BECAUSE OF THIS PROBLEM, I KNOW THERE WILL COME A TIME WHEN OUR BODY GETS IT AND WILL START SHEDDING THE WEIGHT!!! good luck to all of us...please post updates!! Its always nice to hear that someone's losing weight out there...post-20605-13813667870928_thumb.jpg

post-6597-13813656181274_thumb.jpg

I am 2 1/2 weeks out and I feel as if I am at a stall. My scale has went down about 1.5 pounds in a week. Which I'm not going to complain to much because it is a loss and not a gain. I am not due to have my cycle yet, but at least now I'm prepared to possibly gain weight or for it not to come at all. I'm sure your doctor is aware of what is going on and will not be disappointed in you. This too shall pass.

I remember on my 3rd week, I had a stall that lasted for 2 weeks! Everyday I weighed myself and was so upset. Now at week 17, I see that my weight is falling off IF I follow the rules. Your body is adjusting.. Your weight will come off, just make sure your following all the rules your dr gave you.. Good luck!

I am right there with you! We are in what's known as the "DREADED 3 week stall." Just stay the course, we will adjust.

I was sleeved on Dec 18... so what is that....9-10 days ago? I base my loss on the number I weighed at the doc's office (not the hospital weight which was like 5lbs less) but as of last night I have lost 17lbs I believe. I know that I am not getting the requested 70 grams of Protein... I am more at like 50-60, which I am curious to see if this is going to be a problem. I am still on liquids though so this all may change once I am challenged to eat properly, although I am so paranoid of tearing my incision that it is keeping me on the straight and narrow! haha

Hopefully the scale will start moving again very soon for you! Also, are you incorporating exercise? From what I hear it is SUPER important!

I had the double whammy of Constipation and stall this week. I have been so down that I haven't been able to follow the message boards here because I couldn't bear to read about all the people losing while I languished. But, I was able to resolve my bathroom issue and immediately lost 2 pounds. I am hoping that restarts my stall. Time will tell!!

I, too, am afraid to go to my next appointment because I have lost little since my last appointment. I hope I can jump start this train. I walk 2 miles on a treadmill every day, which is way more activity than I ever did before! I am still on the mushies, so no bad food going in. Those two things alone should be pointing me in the direction of big losses.

What more can I do??