Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

gastric sleeve plication in mexico, help?

Hello everyone, If you have had the gastric sleeve plication in Mexico can you tell me who your doctor was and what the experience was like for you? I am having a very hard time choosing. Thanks.

I went to Dr. Corvala...in July...you can read my blog (it's in my signature line)....

i had the best hospital experience I've ever had, the Dr. is awesome his team is great....I have not once regretted my decision....remember it is major surgery, and you are having major medical care....but with Dr. Corvala I felt safe, was at a full service hospital...

It's a tough choice....good luck.....

I also had my plication in Mexico. Actually met Cknorte there. "Hi Carol!" Anyway, like Carol said, the surgery and hospital experience was great. Dr. is well experienced and wonderful. I've had absolutely no issues at all. I've lost 54 lbs so far. I recommend it.

I went to Dr. Corvala...in July...you can read my blog (it's in my signature line)....

i had the best hospital experience I've ever had, the Dr. is awesome his team is great....I have not once regretted my decision....remember it is major surgery, and you are having major medical care....but with Dr. Corvala I felt safe, was at a full service hospital...

It's a tough choice....good luck.....

I am leaving Monday morning the 10th of January to Mexicali Mexico to have the GPS done by Dr. Rafael Abril. I am very excited and nervous. It takes a lot to research and research some more. I am a worrier and have trust issues so for me it was really hard. The people here are very kind and compassionate and informed. I am always impressed with Dr. Watkins and the way he communicates here in this forum. His patients all seem very very happy. He is in Cinn. OH. and charges 9900 for the GPS. Dr. Corvala also has a lot of patients who speak very highly of him and his staff, I think he charges 7500 or 8000, not sure. Dr. Ortiz is another big name, I do not know what he charges. My reasons for choosing Dr. Abril was that he worked with Dr. Corvala and learned from him, and he only charges 5500. Money was really a bottom line for me. If you can avoid it, money should not be a bottom line. I feel good about my decision now. I have never ever felt like I was being "sold" this surgery. The patient coordinator I work with has been in contact with me DAILY, I am pretty high maintenance, with all the questions and freak outs I have. The Dr. himself has spent a lot of time on the phone with me answering any and all technical questions I have had. I feel well taken care of already and I haven't even gotten there yet. It is true what the others say, you have to find the Dr. who you feel comfortable with, because your state of mind is what helps you stay healthy. Hope I helped.

heard wonderful things about Dr. Rafael Abril in Mexicali, great surgeon, great care, low price too and in Mexicali, not TJ...

I had the[

Plication on Jan 15th with Dr Corvala. It was a wonderful experience. The team was great, always someone who spoke English. I had only mild pain & by 1/19 took no pain med at all. I'd highly recommend this team.

quote name=vickie' timestamp='1294199350' post='104101]

Hello everyone, If you have had the gastric sleeve plication in Mexico can you tell me who your doctor was and what the experience was like for you? I am having a very hard time choosing. Thanks.

I had my surgery with Dr. Ortiz. I have absolutely no complaints. One of the doctors there even has called a few times to check up and see how I am doing. I would recommend OCC.< /p>

I had my surgery with Dr. Ortiz. I have absolutely no complaints. One of the doctors there even has called a few times to check up and see how I am doing. I would recommend OCC.

Hi TMO! I am going to Dr Ortiz on the 16th and I was wondering how post op was for you. What did you eat, were you starving?

I was thinking of going to Mexico, but I chickened out. I wish I was brave enough. It would save me A LOT of $!

I have never been to Mexico. I am not trying to promote any doctor like some people seem to do for compensation on these boards. I just wanted to say that I talked to a doctor who told me something like "if you do decide to go to Mexico, go to Corvala. Don't go to Ortiz." His words, not mine. I didn't ask why.

I was thinking of going to Mexico, but I chickened out. I wish I was brave enough. It would save me A LOT of $!

I have never been to Mexico. I am not trying to promote any doctor like some people seem to do for compensation on these boards. I just wanted to say that I talked to a doctor who told me something like "if you do decide to go to Mexico, go to Corvala. Don't go to Ortiz." His words, not mine. I didn't ask why.

I'm not sure that I would go for him, the gal on here that just had some pretty severe medical emergencies went to Corvala.

I don't think I would go to with either one of them. I am a chicken. I am not sure that I believe that poster with problems though. That is the problem with the net. So many posers with an agenda.

I was not trying to scare anyone. I just thought I would pass on what I heard. I talked to Ortiz on the phone. He seems like a good Doctor.

I don't think I would go to with either one of them. I am a chicken. I am not sure that I believe that poster with problems though. That is the problem with the net. So many posers with an agenda.

I was not trying to scare anyone. I just thought I would pass on what I heard. I talked to Ortiz on the phone. He seems like a good Doctor.

That's true, its hard to know who's for real or not. I have spoken with Dr. Ortiz several times and had lots of interaction with Lori the patient coordinator. Of the 200 plications that he's performed only two did not lose the weight they desired to lose and no one has had complications from the surgery. He is not the cheapest but I believe that he is one of the best. I asked about his suture methods based on some things Dr. Watkins put on the boards and he totally made me feel comfortable with his methods and materials used. Good luck on whatever journey you decide to take! Get on here and update us! I'm off for plication on Wendesay!

That's true, its hard to know who's for real or not. I have spoken with Dr. Ortiz several times and had lots of interaction with Lori the patient coordinator. Of the 200 plications that he's performed only two did not lose the weight they desired to lose and no one has had complications from the surgery. He is not the cheapest but I believe that he is one of the best. I asked about his suture methods based on some things Dr. Watkins put on the boards and he totally made me feel comfortable with his methods and materials used. Good luck on whatever journey you decide to take! Get on here and update us! I'm off for plication on Wendesay!

I am jelous. I wish I was having it done that soon. I have $ set aside in my savings account just waiting to have it done. I am really hoping I can get it done in mid March. I'm waiting on a doctor to give me some info right now, then I will try to line it up with either Cottem in SLC or Watkins. Please keep us posted on your experience at the OCC. I have heard a lot of good things about them.