Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone with acid reflux

Aloe Vera juice. Sip 2-3 ounces 2-3 times a day. Make sure you get a bedtime dose. It's great for healing. I wish I had known about it post-op. I found out about it at about 2 months post-op, when I had a bout with reflux. It's really soothing. I also took Prilosec twice a day. And I crushed it. It says once a day, and it says don't crush, but I did (per my doc) and it helped alot. Good luck! Reflux is yucky! But a sign you'll have good restriction early on, so hang in there, and TREAT IT! because it can really be damaging, as well as aggravating. Don't take it lightly. Call your doc, too! Keep us posted.

I buy my Aloe Vera at Wal-Mart. It's on the bottom shelf in a gallon container with the Tums and Rolaids and yup, the Prilosec. Prilosec used to be a prescription, now it's available over-the-counter. It's an acid reducer. Get a pill-crusher.

Also, the aloe vera comes in a smaller, quart container with berry flavoring. I haven't tried it, but plain aloe vera juice is kind of sharp, so I'll bet the berry flavoring is good. Either is fine.

We are crossing each other's paths on your threads LOL See you over there!

I looked at Walmart and they didn't have it. Any ideas where else I can find it. I am using Nexium and praying that this reflux stops.

I had trouble with some reflux just last week and bought Aloe Vera juice and it is great in the berry flavor.. I bought mine at GNC!! It helped fast in a couple days I was doing great again will no more reflux!!!

I got the berry flavored aloe vera juice at Wal-Mart too. Seppi, did you ask the pharmacist to help you find it? I couldn't find it till they showed me where it was.

If you buy the berry flavored aloe vera juice, it tastes much better if you add a shot of organic apple juice. Much better. I use organic because it's 100% apple juice without added sugar or chemicals.

Thanks everyone for the feedback. The acid reflux is gone with only 2 days of anti acid meds. I feel like a million bucks! 14 days post op tomorrow!

Went to Walmart the the pharmacist looked at me like I was crazy. I will try the Trader Joes or GNC tomorrow. Otherwise I can probably get it on line. Right?

I have acid reflux. I've had it for years, before banding and still do, although it's not as bad. It's still there.

I wonder at how some of the other bandsters have had their dissapear after banding. Lucky!

Hi - when you guys have reflux is it always burny for you? Or does it sometimes just feel like you have a golfball in your throat and it's tough to swallow? I don't have trouble getting anything down; it doesn't hurt or come back up (though sometimes it's touch to burp) - it just feels like my glands are really swollen. Oh, and it's much worse at night? Is that another version of reflux?

Hi - when you guys have reflux is it always burny for you? Or does it sometimes just feel like you have a golfball in your throat and it's tough to swallow? I don't have trouble getting anything down; it doesn't hurt or come back up (though sometimes it's touch to burp) - it just feels like my glands are really swollen. Oh, and it's much worse at night? Is that another version of reflux?

(bolding mine)

I had something very similar to what you described and I treated it with Prilosec (crushed) twice a day for a few days, and I drank Aloe Vera juice (available at Wal-Mart and you local drug stores) about 2-3 ounces 2-3 times a day, then just at bedtime for a week and it got much much better. Reflux? I guess...but that's what worked for me.