Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ice Cream Maker

Has anyone tried making Protein ice cream (from eggface?)

Protein powder and make a WLS friendly type of ice cream then that would be awesome.

My birthday is this month and I am thinking of asking for an ice cream maker, but I wondered if anyone else had tried this and what they thought of the final product?

I haven't tried it myself, but I've seen people just rave about it (maybe here, but I think probably over at the OH vsg forum)... gotta admit, I'm intrigued!

I own an ice cream maker and this hadn't even occurred to me. I'd be very interested to know what recipes you come up with.

I would recommend finding a high Protein yogurt recipe. After making the yogurt (or buying it if you prefer) just dump it as-is into the ice cream maker and let it do its thing.

*some people add sugar because the yogurt will become more tart as it freezes.

I own an ice cream maker and this hadn't even occurred to me. I'd be very interested to know what recipes you come up with.

LOL, I'm sure I would just follow an eggface recipe...she is a culinary genius!

I will have to keep you all posted if I end up getting one and trying out Protein ice cream.

I will have to keep you all posted if I end up getting one and trying out Protein ice cream.

Oh wow, def keep us posted!! I've found Lactaid and love it... now what can I make with it?? Hi Protein ice cream - hopefully delicious and full of all the things we need, so no guilt!!

OMG... ice cream is my crack. I have YET to find a solution that satisfies my craving. I just had to go cold turkey. No more. If I have a little I lose control. I will definitely check this out!! Thanks for the link.

Ive been bidding on an icecream maker on ebay...Ill get one yet!

Yes, definitely keep us posted! I thought about buying an ice cream maker just so I could make those Protein ice creams!

Ok, I did it. I bought a

Cuisinart ICE-20 Automatic Ice Cream Maker - 1.5 Quart Capacity, Heavy Duty Motor, Double Insulated Freezer Bowl, Locking Lid, White, (Refurbished)

with shipping $30.

I looked on Consumer reports and they had quoted many ice cream maker tests, and the Cuisinart ice20 won them all in its class. You can get them new for about $50, but I didn't want to pay that much. You can find youtube videos showing what it looks like when its working and such. So I went on ebay first, and did some bidding, but with shipping, it looked like they were going for about the new price. I googled the machine, and found the one below for $30 with shipping. Ill let you know how it works. I guess it comes out kind of softish, you put it in the freezer for an hour or two and its perfectly scoopable. 3-7 days to ship. I get my surgery in 15 days...should be a good match! I just found some organic blueberry Protein mix... this might be great as an "ice cream", later, crushing in some fresh blueberries....

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=6311169&SRCCODE=GOOGLEBASE&cm_mmc_o=VRqCjC7BBTkwCjCECjCE

post-3718-13813656181061_thumb.jpg

Oh I want a link so I can order one!

I know there are a lot of people on the different boards at OH that rave about the ice cream from Egg face's recipes!

I'd love to start making it . I can't live without ice cream.

Oh I want a link so I can order one!

I know there are a lot of people on the different boards at OH that rave about the ice cream from Egg face's recipes!

I'd love to start making it . I can't live without ice cream.

The link is right above the picture of the ice cream machine...

I already have a cuisinart ice cream maker and never considered Protein ice cream!! Awesome idea. I have eggface in my google reader, but I've never taken the time to dig through the recipes. Thanks so much for the heads up. I'm going to try one ASAP! I'll let you know how it goes.

Okay I did indeed get a Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker for my birthday, and today I made Protein ice cream...WOO HOO!!! I just made plain vanilla, but am excited to experiment like eggface...with all her SF mix-ins.

Here is the best part....MY KIDS ARE EATING Protein ICE CREAM !!!! (BTW, they are 8 and 10 years old so they "know" the difference and said they actually LIKED the protein ice cream!) Who would have ever thought???

This is the kind my DH got...if it were me I probably would have gotten a smaller cheaper one, but this one is very nice!

http://www.bedbathan...sp?SKU=13627029

Was it difficult to make? I don't cook or bake much so if there are a lot of steps to follow , and a lot of ingredients to add in, I 'd probably mess it up.

I do want to make Protein ice cream though!