Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Okay I was sleeved on dec 29. Last night and today I am feeling like crap! I am shaky and exausted and I have horrible bubble guts! Is this normal? I dont have a temp or anything Just achy and shaky and feeling miserable. Also super cranky and discovered that I hate choclate when 4 days ago it was my favorite thing! Someone please weigh in!

When you say babble guts do you mean rumbling and making noises? That is totally normal. I didnt have the shaky or wekness unless it was time for me to drink some Protein and that helped the symptons. Tiffy posted somewehre that she drank 2 oz every 15 minutes while awake and that is what helped me with fluids. It's very important to saty hydrated. Watch for fever and if it develops, Call your Dr. Sorry I'm not much help,hope you feel better soon.

The shakiness could be due to low blood sugar. Keep hydrated and drink gatorade or something like that with electrolytes. This may help with the tiredness also. As for the stomach gurgles, I had them for several days after surgery. I stil get them if I eat to quickly or take too big of a bite.

The shakiness could be due to low blood sugar. Keep hydrated and drink gatorade or something like that with electrolytes. This may help with the tiredness also. As for the stomach gurgles, I had them for several days after surgery. I stil get them if I eat to quickly or take too big of a bite.

Day 3 & 4 were my WORST days. I didn't anticipate how much pain I would be in because everyone told me that I would just sail through this procedure. I agree that you need to keep hydrated. I slept in a recliner for a week because it was where I could get comfortable. It felt better for me to be a little propped up instead of laying completely flat. I'm sorry that you aren't liking chocolate. I drank the Carnation Instant Breakfast with skim milk for a Protein Shake. As for vanilla, I think that the Atkins Protein vanilla tastes the best. Get your fluids in and try to get at least 2 Protein Shakes in so you can get 30 grams of protein. You are still weak from surgery and now you have a change in your diet as well. It will get better. Day 7 was my turning point and Day 14, my side wasn't even sore anymore. Hang in there and keep coming here. It helps!!

I was sleeved on Dec 27 and today was the first day that I woke up and felt....normal. You dont really hear about it but there are some really really crappy days right after post op. I felt the same way, achy and phlegmy and miserable, and I had gas and couldnt get all my fluids in, and Im less than a week out! But I think the difference was that I really tried to get Protein in and drink fluids!! Like just keep stuffing em in every 10-15 min or so. I dont know if this is on but I just starting taking 1/2 oz "shots" instead of little sippy sips - but I didnt over do it! I posted yesterday that I couldnt get a lot of Fluid in and I was a little worried. Well I was literally up either with warm tea or Crystal Light every 2 hours last night until like 4am, but in the morning I felt ok, not thirsty or crappy. Today I have had on average about 2-3 oz an hour which is what my surgeon wanted, plus I had 40g protein. Im making homemade Soups, with the meat and veggies, and just drinking the broth, and thats helping me feel a little normal. I still feel crummy a little, and really hungry too, which Im told is unusual. But that crappy achy stage will pass, just try to give your body what it needs :)