Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I don't feel that different...

So I was sleeved on Monday. I've been doing pretty well getting in my 3 Protein Shakes a day and fluids in between. But to be honest I don't feel that different! I still think I feel hungry, everytime my husband or kids eat it makes me wanna eat, (which I haven't at all of course), And when I'm drinking my shakes and fluids I do 2oz over 15 min... nothing feels different. If my tummy wasn't all colorful and bruized and steri-stripped I'd question I had surgery! LOL

When will I be able to FEEL my sleeve? Not until real food? I'ts making it hard!

I feel very much the same, except I did wake up with some reflux this morning. I have been very tired, though. I doze off all the time!

Once you get to more solid food, even mushies you'll feel restriction. Be grateful that you aren't struggling with Protein and fluids, and that you can get those vital fluids in so early out. That will definitely help you recover. As for hunger, that nasty Ghrelin hormone is still in your system. It's a hormone and has to work it's way out. Plus, it's a liquids in, liquids out kind of thing. You're brain is still working with all the hunger hormones, signals, scent of food etc etc, it doesn't really know you've had a portion of your stomach amputated so it is confused as well. Give it all some time, and you'll get restriction once you get to more solid foods. That's when measuring becomes really important so you don't overeat and cause discomfort.

ahh Thanks Tiff,

so does that hormone eventually go away? Right now it's just lingering? Yeah, it's totally in my head too.. even when my tummy doesn't FEEL hungry..all the food smells make me wanna eat! I never thought I'd say I'm looking forward to Puree food! LOL

I too went through the same thing as far as I dis not feel any different when I was on liquids. Buy trust everyone when they say you'll feel it when you go to mushies. I had 3 very small spoonfuls of mashed potatoes this week and it was too much. I was scared because I had to vomit. And it was a bad vomit. I had to leave work. I felt so bad. So a word from the wise be very careful when you move to mushies, they didn't lie they actually took most of my stomach out. Lol!! As they did yours. So hope this helps!! Good luck my friend and happy new year!

That has been the hard part for me. Remembering to wait between spoons of food. I am use to eating in a hurry and shoveling iit. I get mild stomach pain if I eat to fast.... Must slow down...

So glad you posted this. I'm going through the same thing! I was sleeved 12/27

Thanks:) Warm Tomato Soup has been the only thing that has made me feel somewhat "full" and feel like I actually had a meal.

Sleeved on 12/29, I was allowed phase 2 full liquids 5 days out. The broth felt good on my sore stomach, but I was ready for something more substantial. After my first 3 bites of cottage cheese, I was full. So give it time. Each surgeon has a different plan, but I am supposed to have cream of wheat and oatmeal on this phase too and I don't think I am ready for those yet.

I also eat everything out of measuring cups right now. It just makes it so much easier to get used to portion sizes. My hospital gave me my tray with regular cups and bowls and I know it was 4 times what I was supposed to have. Made it hard to judge my new stomach.

I don't feel different physically but I know that things are different because I cant drink a tall glass of COLD Water. I know that things are different because the only things in my diet in the last 6 days are liquids. I know that things are different because warm liquids are the only thing that doesnt call my stomach to cramp up. I know that all this is going to take time to get used to but as of today I have all my energy and feel like my normal self minus all of the above changes.....