Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

boob job question...

So...I have thought about getting a boob job done when I am done losing weight. That will be a little while. Anyway, I am just scared I will lost sensation in the nipple area. Does this happen? embaressed_smile.gif

Thanks for the info.

I plan on having breast implants done through the armpit incision, but if not, it'll through the nipple. I honestly don't know as I've gotten mixed reviews on the nipple sensation. I'll loss of nipple sensation to have a decent set of boobs again. My husband isn't, never has been a boob man so I'm not concerned about it.

I've had a few friends have boob jobs, and some lost the nipple sensation, and others haven't. I guess it's a coin toss kind of thing, and how they perform the surgery. Mine will be under the muscle, and a big C cup.

I'm not at that stage so haven't really looked into it much, Trans Umbilical Breast Augmentation (TUBA) sounds interesting. Seen it on Dr 90210... dunno if our surgery would preclude us (they did operate on someone who had had stomach liposuction).

It can happen if they make the incision around the areola... that's the best cosmetic result (hides the scar better) but you do run that risk. When it's healed though, the scar will be small (no bigger than an inch) and still hidden either under the lower curve of the breast or in the armpit, so it typically wouldn't be seen, so if loss of sensation is a concern for you, one of those approaches may be best for you. They've started doing the transumbilical approach since I worked in plastic surgery sooo long ago, so I can't say anything about that one with any kind of knowledge.

I'm definitely having mine augmented. I guess I'm already all scarred up and since only 2 (well maybe a few more if you count my Dr.s) folks will be looking at my boobs naked and I don't care about scarring all that much (neither does my hubby). I can cover up my scars from the world... especially with my total body lift I'll get, and my thigh lift with arm lifts too... I'm going to wait maybe a year or longer after I'm at goal to see how much my skin will snap back before doing all that - but I won't wait too long for the boobs.

I'll ask for other means to implant rather than around my nipple area. I don't want the risk of losing sensation. However this is a hit and miss, some do some don't. I just don't like even a 1% risk. Some though have said they are more sensitive... I guess it's just luck of the draw.

I had a breast reduction about 6 years ago for medical reasons (hyperplasia of the glands) so I have an invertide T scar and a scar round my areeola, hardly visible though. I did lose sensibility or however you call it round the nipple area just as you lose it when you have a C-section, for those of you who have experienced that. Funny because I never ever thought that I would need breast implants, have always had good boobs, but after breatfeeding 3 children, +boob reduction+losing weight a cup C is big now, so I'm def having small implants when I have my TT. I don't give a monkeys about the sensation to be honest, you just find other ways to "have fun" and enjoy a decent pair of boobs!

So...I have thought about getting a boob job done when I am done losing weight. That will be a little while. Anyway, I am just scared I will lost sensation in the nipple area. Does this happen? embaressed_smile.gif

Thanks for the info.

boob job as in reduction or implants? I can answer your questions if its a reduction

I had implants 30 yrs ago, the incisions are under my breasts in the breast fold. There was loss of sensation near the incision but not in the nipples. So I would think that if you don't have the type where they do the incision in the areola this won't be an issue.

I plan on having breast implants done through the armpit incision, but if not, it'll through the nipple. I honestly don't know as I've gotten mixed reviews on the nipple sensation. I'll loss of nipple sensation to have a decent set of boobs again. My husband isn't, never has been a boob man so I'm not concerned about it.

I've had a few friends have boob jobs, and some lost the nipple sensation, and others haven't. I guess it's a coin toss kind of thing, and how they perform the surgery. Mine will be under the muscle, and a big C cup.

2 weeks ago, I had a breast lift with implants. I have a full anchor lift along with areola reduction. I have never lost sensation, although I can tell you I hear from lots of women that the 'sensual' feeling for many does not return. A trade off I gladly take considering I have some pretty girlies now!!

2 weeks ago, I had a breast lift with implants. I have a full anchor lift along with areola reduction. I have never lost sensation, although I can tell you I hear from lots of women that the 'sensual' feeling for many does not return. A trade off I gladly take considering I have some pretty girlies now!!

Shontel congratz to you. I have a question. Did you go to Mexico to get your implants? I ask because my girls need help, but I need to lose about 40 more pounds and it will still be another year or so before I can have the surgery. I am looking at my options NOW.. so I know about how much money I need to save. Any info is appreciated. Thanks in advance for your reply.

Deb B)

Shontel congratz to you. I have a question. Did you go to Mexico to get your implants? I ask because my girls need help, but I need to lose about 40 more pounds and it will still be another year or so before I can have the surgery. I am looking at my options NOW.. so I know about how much money I need to save. Any info is appreciated. Thanks in advance for your reply.

Deb B)

I didn't go to Mexico, though I know a lot of women do. I did go to Mexico for my VSG surgery. One of the reasons I decided to stay closer to home for this procedure, is that post op breast lift/breast augmentation is a process that needs to be closely supervised. You will need multiple follow up appointments to ensure they are healing properly and dropping into their final position. I knew this would be an investment but for me, but it was worth it. I have had no problems whatsoever but have had 3 post op appointments with another one in a week....I like knowing that if I need to, I can receive proper follow up.

a side note here.....I had problems after I had VSG that was related to one of my surgical wounds, I got HORRIBLE treatment post op here in the states. By that I mean, they (mainly the doc's, but a lot of nurses as well) totally judged me, smirked at me, I had doctors flat out tell me I was 'irresponsible' for going there....that is a whole other thread I could start..lol I just didn't want to go through all that again either!

Hope that Helped!!

Deb B)

I didn't go to Mexico, though I know a lot of women do. I did go to Mexico for my VSG surgery. One of the reasons I decided to stay closer to home for this procedure, is that post op breast lift/breast augmentation is a process that needs to be closely supervised. You will need multiple follow up appointments to ensure they are healing properly and dropping into their final position. I knew this would be an investment but for me, but it was worth it. I have had no problems whatsoever but have had 3 post op appointments with another one in a week....I like knowing that if I need to, I can receive proper follow up.

a side note here.....I had problems after I had VSG that was related to one of my surgical wounds, I got HORRIBLE treatment post op here in the states. By that I mean, they (mainly the doc's, but a lot of nurses as well) totally judged me, smirked at me, I had doctors flat out tell me I was 'irresponsible' for going there....that is a whole other thread I could start..lol I just didn't want to go through all that again either!

Hope that Helped!!

This thread is usless without Pictures... :Banane20: :drool: