Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What is your height?

I'm 5ft 10 (178cm) and my goal is 70kg or so which is about 154 lb. I think that's realistic based on the fact that I held that weight a long time as an adult and i know I look and feel good there.

I'm 5'7" and I would love to be 140, but Honest to God if I only lose enough for my apnea to go away I'll be happy. Hey is there anyone else out there like me? I have saved every pair of jeans I ever owned I think. I have every size from a size 8 (1988) to size 24 (currently) I pulled them out yesterday,I had my surgery friday, and reaquainted myself with them. I swear to God I looked at the waist of some of them and wondered how the hell I ever got myself into them. They wouldn't even go around my thigh right now. The funniest part about it all is when I was a size 8 I thought I was fat!!! What was I thinking? Bad body image I guess. Oh well I won't be having to buy new jeans for a while anyway!

I have every size from a size 8 (1988) to size 24 (currently) I pulled them out yesterday,I had my surgery friday, and reaquainted myself with them. I swear to God I looked at the waist of some of them and wondered how the hell I ever got myself into them.

Don't throw those jeans out yet - except the biggest ones. You will get there and you will be totally surprised that you are wearing those teeny tiny things again.

Sometimes I hold up my pants when I take them out of the dryer and marvel at the fact that they actually fit. I recently found a great pair of Ralph Lauren slacks on clearance for $15.00 and almost didn't try them on because they were a size 2. To my great surprise (and immense joy) they fit perfectly.

I'm 5'2", my goal weight is 150....BUT....I am stuck between 218, and 222...

I can't seem to get past those f hen pounds.:faint:

It is people like you who give those of us just starting the journey hope that we can succeed.

You are too sweet, Dawn! One of the reasons I still hang out on the message boards is because of all the people who gave me support and encouragement when I first started. I found an old post of mine the other day (on another board) where I had lost the first 9 pounds. The journey of a thousand miles (or a hundred pounds) really does begin with a single step/ounce. Just keep telling yourself, "This time next year"... that was my mantra.

The journey of a thousand miles (or a hundred pounds) really does begin with a single step/ounce. Just keep telling yourself, "This time next year"... that was my mantra.
Two women close to us, one a family member and one who was with my wife and I so much, that we called her our daughter (that we never had), both became crack addicts. Without going into what skeletons were in their respective closets that drove them to the need for the numbing (drugs) to forget, both went through rehab. One learned the lessons of the 12 step program, is clean since 1992 and is raising a beautiful 10 year old daughter (my God-child) that she had a few years after leaving rehab and one is now dead.

I bring this up because our battle against overeating and weight is so similar to the battle against drug/alcohol addiction. We must learn to take one day at a time. Maybe "one meal at a time" says it better. We must learn to be grateful each meal and then each day that we succeed in our battle, and maybe most importantly, we must learn to get right back on the wagon anytime we fall off, and without hating ourselves for our momentary failure.

Setting far reaching goals is so important, but setting a goal for the day or for the hour or even minute is just as important. I used to argue with the women who is still alive and doing well when she was using that overeating is a harder nut to crack than crack or alcohol addiction. An addict can keep postponing that first drink/usage for one day or one minute until the minutes grow into days, the days grow into weeks, the weeks grow into years, etc. We as foodaholics must eat everyday. We can not postpone eating indefinitely. When a drug addict or alcoholic breaks down and uses, they fall apart, but if they put using off day by day, they can succeed. We must give in and use, but we must not fall apart in order to succeed.

I wish all the members here the best. If you have lost 100 pounds or more, congratulations. If you have lost ½ pound so far, well you are on the right path. The man, Tim Montgomery, who recently set the world record for the 100 meter sprint started off about 26 years ago by crawling and then eventually took a halting step. If he can make it from one step, fall, get back up, take another step and then another to running 100 meters in 9.78 seconds, then we can start on the path, fall off, get back on the path and lose our desired amount of weight.

Oh, yeah, I used to be 5'11", but now I am 5'9". I used to look and feel good at 180 pounds and even though I am now two inches shorter, my goal is 180.

I am 5' 10" (used to be 5-11). Would settle for under 200 as I have not seen that since I was 20 years old, But would dream of 165-175, which would put me in a size 12/14. Oooh to buy a plain Large shirt !! :clap2:

5' 5 1/2" I am thinking about 150, but like every one else under 200 will feel great! My main goal has been to feel better and to have more energy and less pain when I move.

I'm 5'5 and currently 260 - highest was 293 - mini-goal is what I weighed in high school and was pretty happy with myself at 230 and if I can make it to there then the surgery was worth it, but my ulitmate goal is 170ish - I'd be simply divine at that weight and fighting off all the boys then :)

I'm 5'2 1.2 and I hope I don't lose any height!! I'm short enough already!

I want to weight 120-135... :eek: I have a long way to go and my journy starts next week!