Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeved Nov 16 - Readmitted to hospital 20 days later

Thank you everyone for all of the good wishes. I'll keep you all update.

That is so scary! Hopefully they are giving you good drugs for the pain. Lol. Hoping for a speedy recovery for you!!!

EXTRA hugs and prayers for you. I am so sorry!

I just wanted to update everyone and to see if anyone has had these complications...

I was sleeved Nov 16, 2010. Everything had been going great. I felt my recovery was taking slightly longer than other peoples just because I was still feeling enough pain to be taking pain meds until day 12ish. Other than that everything was normal. Until Sat 12/4 I was feeling extreme nausea and couldn't keep even a sip down, I'd throw it back up then start dry heaving. So the next day I started having horrible pain from under my rib cage down to my hips, my whole abdominal area. I was able to drink about 5oz of an EAS Protein shake, which I sipped throughout the day. I was feeling very dehydrated at that time. Monday morning finally gets here and I call my Dr office as soon as they opened. He says I need to get to the ER ASAP. My pain level at this point was deffinatly a 10!! So they run some tests and a CT scan and find out I have a huge blood clot that has formed from the vessels in the stomach and I have pancreatitus. He said both were very painful and that I'd have to be admitted and put on blood thinkers until the clot dissolved, and NPO for the enlarged pancreaus. I might have to have a PICC line or feeding tube put in. I'm totally freaking out about both.

I'm typing all this from my phone while all drugged up, so I apologize I left out some details.. just seeing if this has happened to anyone. Because I thought I had read about everything that could go wrong... but I never read about this. I'm so sad right now and worried about what's going to happen...

Thanks for listening,

Kelli

Oh my GOSH I am so sorry to hear of your complications!!! Poor baby, here's a double-hug for you.

But be GLAD That they caught this, at least you are going to get over it, but how horrible for you. My doctor DID give me a card to carry around in case I get really sick and it shows a picture of the sleeved stomach and says THE BEARER OF THIS CARD HAS HAD A GASTRIC SLEEVE.. and goes on to state all the possible terrible things that could happen to me.

One thing WAS that I could get deep vein thrombosis, or blood clots, for at up to a month after. So I guess you are one of the unlucky ones that fall into that category.

Feel better fast!

Cindrella

I had pancreatitis and it is very painful. It was resolved quickly when they took me off of all food and Water with only an IV.

I hope your clot dissolves soon. I am sure it's miserable being in the hospital, but at least you're getting the rest you need and hopefully this will be part of your post op diet. Everyone hates the liquid part of the post op diet, so I hope you can skip that part.

I am so sorry to hear about your blood clot. I know all my meetings with the doctors and nurses they stressed that we walked often to help. They also gave us Lovenax which is a blood thinner that we have to take for 14 days following surgery. We give the shot ourselves in the stomach every morning. I am hating this shots but after hearing what has happened to you I am grateful my doctor has prescribed this and I will think of you every morning as I give myself my shot. Keep up posted on how you are doing.

Sending my thoughts and prayers your way. I hope you have a speedy recovery. So sorry you had all these serious problems.

Sending big hugs from Texas,

Jeri

I'm sorry to hear this...thank god they are taking care of you. I pray you feel better soon...hugs!

I pray for you to find internal strength and be confident that everything will soon be okay. Breathe, and take this experience minute by minute. Perhaps find some distraction that is uplifting whether audio tapes or reading uplifting things. It won't happen in a minute, but you will have your good health back very soon. It is hard to endure these times, but there will be lessons learned by all, including the doctors.

In these moments, I like to read Joel Osteen because he has a very positive message about expecting good things to come your way. Don't feel defeated, and realize there is value in every experience we have (eventually). Pray for your doctors, and trust them. I am sure you are frightened, any of us would be. We'll be here.