Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Are there any SIZE Goal sleevers out there?

Whoohooo BBJ and Chilo!!! OMG it is like a dream to me to even believe all this is possible. I just keep getting smaller and smaller, and even on the weeks where I don't lose or very little I can still feel it. I'd even say I feel like I shrink more on the weeks I don't lose. So, I think I'm coming more to terms on those weeks - and just take it!!!

Keep it up and BBJ you will be at goal in weeks!!! Chilo - you are doing so excellent, I'm happy for you!! You will be at goal in no time !! :)

Oh thank Diva for putting a smile on my face. I'm feeling a bit down because the weight isn't coming off so I'm low carbing from today, I really hope it works this time. I upped my execise as well so I will weigh myself in a weeks time.

I love this thread.

I have never been much of a "fashionista" because I always thought I looked horrid in clothes. I current wear a size 26, and the jeans I wear are already getting very big on me. Last night, I was able to pull them down without unfastening them.

I think my "size" goal is 10 - 12. If I can get into a 10, I will be definitely be doing the happy dance. :dance: I can't remember the last time I have wore a size 10, probably was a young teenager 13, 14. Not quite sure. I just turned 45, and I am determined to be one hot 50 year old!

Lildiva, I have never been much of a diva myself, but I can see myself turning into one and I am ready willing and soon will be able.

I love this thread.

I have never been much of a "fashionista" because I always thought I looked horrid in clothes. I current wear a size 26, and the jeans I wear are already getting very big on me. Last night, I was able to pull them down without unfastening them.

I think my "size" goal is 10 - 12. If I can get into a 10, I will be definitely be doing the happy dance. :dance: I can't remember the last time I have wore a size 10, probably was a young teenager 13, 14. Not quite sure. I just turned 45, and I am determined to be one hot 50 year old!

Lildiva, I have never been much of a diva myself, but I can see myself turning into one and I am ready willing and soon will be able.

We are all Diva's on the inside!! We just have to peel back the layers to find her. :) Good job so far!! I know you will be going down those sizes fast.

Okay, time to jump in...I keep seeing this thread and forgetting to post to it. :lol:

So, the last time I weighed around 180-190 I was wearing a size 12-14. However, my surgeon set my goal weight to be 150. I honestly cannot remember the last time I weighed 150 (must have been early HS b/c when I graduated I weighed 175.)

So I guess the answer is NO, I'm not looking for a GOAL SIZE, probably because I have NO idea what size I would be at 150. I guess I am following the BMI more than anything, and whatever size I happen to be at goal is it.

Of course, I am a woman and I do reserve the right to change my mind along the way. :P

Okay, time to jump in...I keep seeing this thread and forgetting to post to it. :lol:

So, the last time I weighed around 180-190 I was wearing a size 12-14. However, my surgeon set my goal weight to be 150. I honestly cannot remember the last time I weighed 150 (must have been early HS b/c when I graduated I weighed 175.)

So I guess the answer is NO, I'm not looking for a GOAL SIZE, probably because I have NO idea what size I would be at 150. I guess I am following the BMI more than anything, and whatever size I happen to be at goal is it.

Of course, I am a woman and I do reserve the right to change my mind along the way. :P

It's great being a woman, isn't it??? ;)

I would love to be a size 8. I don't remember ever being an 8. I'd be soooo happy.

I use my "20-10" rule; above a size 20, it is 20 pounds between sizes. Below a size 20 it is 10 pounds between sizes. I am 5'3".

Hey I remember dressing like that in the early mid 90's (I'm class of '96 too). cotton leotards and enormous baggy jeans, showed off the "girls" while camouflaging hips and tummy, the best of both worlds! =P

Oh when I started on this journey, I thought I would be happy in a size 14 (5'8" and look nice there!) but that came and flew by and I really starting getting size oriented! Ha! Since having been on a diet since 4th grade I don't think I ever wore a size 10 ( well, maybe in the 3rd grade).when I put that first size 10 skirt on and it easily fit, well, you can imagine the big smile on my face! Lol. Never, NEVER, would I have thought I would be here! So LilMissDiva, I am with you, size matters! Lol

Oh when I started on this journey, I thought I would be happy in a size 14 (5'8" and look nice there!) but that came and flew by and I really starting getting size oriented! Ha! Since having been on a diet since 4th grade I don't think I ever wore a size 10 ( well, maybe in the 3rd grade).when I put that first size 10 skirt on and it easily fit, well, you can imagine the big smile on my face! Lol. Never, NEVER, would I have thought I would be here! So LilMissDiva, I am with you, size matters! Lol

Yay CONGRATULATIONS!!! You're getting tiny :)

Wow...I am hoping for a size 12 (standard) as my goal. I really cannot picture myself in anything smaller than that. I have no desire to be super skinny and don't want to lose my curves!

The last time I was in onderland (199lbs) was in the 7th grade. I know because I was on the wrestling team and had to weigh myself with the guys every week and I hovered between 195 and 201 most of the season, and then ended the season at 199. I have not been there since. To put that in perspective, I graduate high school in 1998. I remember wearing an 18 in high school and not much else. Though I never spent much time fussing about my clothes so I probably wandered up and down.

I have a family reunion in early August and my surgery is in late March. My final goal weight is 174lbs. I doubt I could be at 199 by August, without losing a TON of weight before and after surgery...but it would be awesome to walk into that reunion at 199. My realistic goal is to be at 199 for Christmas when I visit my mothers family. That, I imagine, is do-able.

Wow...I am hoping for a size 12 (standard) as my goal. I really cannot picture myself in anything smaller than that. I have no desire to be super skinny and don't want to lose my curves!

The last time I was in onderland (199lbs) was in the 7th grade. I know because I was on the wrestling team and had to weigh myself with the guys every week and I hovered between 195 and 201 most of the season, and then ended the season at 199. I have not been there since. To put that in perspective, I graduate high school in 1998. I remember wearing an 18 in high school and not much else. Though I never spent much time fussing about my clothes so I probably wandered up and down.

I have a family reunion in early August and my surgery is in late March. My final goal weight is 174lbs. I doubt I could be at 199 by August, without losing a TON of weight before and after surgery...but it would be awesome to walk into that reunion at 199. My realistic goal is to be at 199 for Christmas when I visit my mothers family. That, I imagine, is do-able.

August is still 7 months away. I've lost 50 Lbs in only 4. I think anyone with the sleeve has a good shot at making any goal they set... unless its to lose 100 Lbs in one month. ;-)

Myself I was in a conversation with the few ladies who know about my sleeve. They're eyes just bug out every time they see me. They constantly comment how much I've lost. I tell them I still need to lose 70 and they look at me like I'm absolutely crazy... and say... "Uh... ok...." Then said I'd be a size zero probably. LOL They don't know what size I wear I haven't told them.

Maybe I'll get to a zero just to get there then bounce back a few pounds. Haaa!! :P

When I get so small that A) a (male) stranger describes me as tiny or, a thin/average female stranger describes me as tiny, that will be the size for me!:P

I reached my goal size(10-12 UK) but not weight. I started a thread yesterday (it's lost now :angry: ) about my shopping experience and not believing it was me looking at sizes 10-12. Before surgery I told my husband and daughters that the surgery would have been succesful in my eyes if I got to a size 14,(I was a size 20 before surgery). A size 12 would be a dream come true, and too be honest I never even thought of becoming a size 10. Even though I'm mostly a size 12 now, anything I lose now is a bonus. I called my mum crying when I came back from shopping yesterday, I think I'm still in shock!

I would be more SIZE motivated if sizes were actually standard, but I can now an old pair of 14s but can't fit into another 18 and some 16s are too loose and some very tight. So much for sizes.

There are a couple vintage clothing stores near where I live. I absolutely love some of the clothes in there (and furniture, some of which is now in my apartment...the ones I could afford anyway). Like I said earlier, I don't think I would be at 174 by August. But either way, my goal is to wear one of those vintage dresses to the family reunion. Or at least be able to wear one. A number of years ago I weighed between 240-230 just before my surgery. At that time, I think I was at a M/L pant and probably a L shirt. My goal is to be at 225 when I walk into that reunion. I am pretty sure I could wear one of those outfits at that weight. :) I'll post pics once I get there.