Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Exceeding liquid requirements

So I was sleeved on 11/27/10 and everything went extremely well.

We got home yesterday and I realized that I have been drinking normally since day 2 post op. (Not huge gulps or anything but a normal sized drink.)

I think I was just nervous the first day and was taking TINY sips so that It wouldn't hurt... but now It doesn't even feel like I had surgery when swallowing my liquids.< /p>

Nothing hurts going down... my abdomen is slightly sore and tight still but other then that I cant even tell that anything has changed.

Hot, cold, room temp Clear Liquids.. Its all going down just fine.

Today I have had 70 oz of Clear Liquids (including the 8oz of Water in each of my 3 Unjury Protein drinks.)

I haven't read about many people having such little trouble getting liquids down so early out..

I guess I was just expecting it to be way harder then this....

On one hand I should be feeling happy that Im not in pain or super swollen but on the other hand Its weird because my mind automatically goes to "Well what if I can get food down this easily too?"

Logically I know when I get to dense Proteins that there will be more restriction and I will fill up but 5 days out its a hard concept to grasp.

Did any one else go through this?

You know, I never had any problem with liquids, either. I was very careful with really tiny sips while in the hospital, but once I got home, I found that I never had any discomfort drinking. I think it's just that some of us have less swelling post-op than others (either because of our surgeon's technique or just our bodies reacting less violently to the trauma of the surgery), so we are able to drink more and don't experience pain when food or drink enters our stomach.

Thanks for the reassurance BBJ. :-)

Since posting this I have found a few threads from way back talking about people experiencing the same thing and I guess I just need to enjoy it?!

It's just a weird trying to grasp the concept that I had major surgery 5 days ago and I feel completely normal...no pain swallowing, no restriction and no outer physical pain today at all.

Thanks again for your reply. :-)

I felt the same way. I was sleeved 11/23 and within a few days I was walking 2 miles, didn't need the pain meds and drinking endless amounts of Water. I was so worried and stressed out that I called the doctor. They called me back and said liquids go through faster than food so I am not stretching my stomach and everything is fine. Eased my mind quite a bit.