Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Today I am getting SLEEVED!!!

My husband and I are on our way to the hospital! We have to be there for 6:00 and surgery should start at 7:00am!!! It feels like a dream... It really does. Just last month, I was getting turned down by my insurance and trying to find financing... But today I am getting my surgery! I am so excited... I just hope the healing process is okay. Well wish me luck!

Sending prayers and blessings your way today! Best wishes to you for a safe and uneventful surgery and hospital stay.....you are on your way!

Best of luck! Please let us know how you are doing.

Good Luck and congrats on the new you!

Oh wow, I missed this one! It looks like you should be all sleeved up by now. Hope you're feeling fine!!

Check in when you can! B)

Yes. I am sleeved and my husband is keeping my legs massaged! Lol I am weirded out by things though. I think the pain I am feeling is the trapped air. It feels like it is directly by my sternum and it is kind if a peircing pain. When we got back to the hotel my hubby tried giving me my pain medicine and I threw that up. I slept awhile woke up and started dry heaving. (doesn't feel good) My doctor just came to check on me and told me it was normal. I asked him if I can wait to take anymore pain medicine until 9 tonight because then I can have my first sip of Water. WATER... Never realize how great it is until you don't have any! Lol He said that will be fine and checked my vitals. I don't know if I will be able to wait, obviously this is my first time having my stomach taken out, but I will find out what I can handle. Thanks for the support. I think I'm going to nap again and think about the glory of water!

So glad you are sleeved! That is awesome---Hope you have a speedy recovery!!!

Congrats! Hope you have a speedy recovery!

Congrats on making it to the losers bench..ye haw! Sorry you are having pain and nausea issues, hopefully with the introduction of a little Water you will feel more satisfied and hydrated and get some better rest. Keep us posted and your hubby sounds like a doll. I could use a little foot massage myself!

I am praying for your speedy recovery, this is very exciting, do keep us posted, and FEEL BETTER!

Can't your doctor give you any anti-nausea meds, though?? I am praying for it.

First of all...WOW, writing from the hospital after getting sleeved. Congratulations, sounds like you are well on the road to a speedy and safe recovery. Wishing you the best of success. Be sure to keep us posted on progress, both highs and lows. Excited for you!

ocgal

Thanks everyone for the good wishes! This is day 2 I am still at the hotel and my doctor should be visiting me soon. I waited till 9:00 pm to take anything else but I threw up the small drink of Water I took. So my hubby gave me my nausea medicine and then I took my pain medicine no problem. I felt much better last night. Now this morning I am doing the same. Just took both meds and some water. We are watching Home Alone and I'm sitting up to avoid any complications. That part, is very different. I have always been the type to eat and go lie down so this is an experience. So far I think I'm doing okay. I am just scared of over doing anything and over filling my stomach. My doctor gave me a video recording of my surgery so I can see exactly what my stomach looks like and that was very nice of him to do! I guess everyone worries alittle about how much their new sleeves can hold. I am so estatic that I have this opportunity and I have others to talk to about my surgery. We are all in this together! It is very cool! Thanks for the support and I wish everyone the best of luck as well!