Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What have YOU been eatting lately?

Ok, I just got my sleeve one week ago. I have been feeling anxious about the hole food restriction thing and feeling like I will never be able to enjoy a good meal again because I can only eat two bites of my food for life. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE HELPPPPP!

1. What are your typical days meals and how much of it can you eat? (PICTURES WOULD BE FABULOUS IF POSSIBLE)

2. Do you every wish you could eat more than what you are eatting and get depressed over it?

3. Do you regret the surgery or are you happy you did it?

4. How many months/years post sleeve are you?

I am almost 6 months out and I am so glad I did this. Yes, there are times that I wish I could dive into a big plate of food, but, I'm thank goodness I can't do that anymore. It's so worth it. My typical day looks something like this:

B: 1/2 prot shake

S: cheddar cheese stick

L: usually left overs from the night before

S: 1/2 prot shake

D: inside of a chicken fajita or something similar

I am still in the losing phase so am pretty strict about what I take in. When I get to maintenance I can vary my diet a little more.

I still have a lot of restriction, but I can eat more than 2-3 bites now. Feeling anxious is normal. I sure felt that way for a while. Now, I am much more comfortable with the way things are. You'll adjust too. Hang in there.

Seems like such SMALL portions! You don't ever miss food?

With such small portions, are you even able to enjoy food anymore?

Can you ever enjoy a dinner out?

Also, I am soooo sick of Protein drinks I could throw up, how can you drink them every single day? What are you drinking/brand/flavor, etc... i've tried different Protein Drinks and I can't stand them at all.

I am almost 6 months out and I am so glad I did this. Yes, there are times that I wish I could dive into a big plate of food, but, I'm thank goodness I can't do that anymore. It's so worth it. My typical day looks something like this:

B: 1/2 prot shake

S: cheddar cheese stick

L: usually left overs from the night before

S: 1/2 prot shake

D: inside of a chicken fajita or something similar

I am still in the losing phase so am pretty strict about what I take in. When I get to maintenance I can vary my diet a little more.

I still have a lot of restriction, but I can eat more than 2-3 bites now. Feeling anxious is normal. I sure felt that way for a while. Now, I am much more comfortable with the way things are. You'll adjust too. Hang in there.

I'm 4 mos out, and am eating like this:

B: Protien Shake: Try nectar, it's awesome. Peach/Lemonade

S: cheese 30g

L: Left overs from night before: Steak/Pork/Chicken/Salmon, along with a small Arugala salad, olive oil, sald and vinegar

S: Beef Jerky, 1 oz

D: meat (3oz), with a gravy and some well cooked broccoli flowers, no stems

S: Canned fuit in Water (1/2 cup) or 1/2 a fresh apple.

I'm down 74lbs in 4 mos.

I LOVE my sleeve and would do it again in a heartbeat!

I personaly cant stomach another Protein shake if I dont have to so I try to get all of my protien from food plus I am still in my loosing phase and have chose to be super strict with my eating but will deffinatly be expanding my choices when I reach maintnance. I do sometimes wish I could sit down with a huge bow of Pasta and gorge my self but then I think of the consequences and where doing that got me and I get over it pretty quickly plus I take small bites of my small meals so they last just as long as a "normal" meal and it fills me up and I feel satisfied. I am one month and 5 days out from surgery and I have lost 21 pounds since then so no I do not regret haveing surgery I actually completely LOVE my sleeve it really does work wonders as long as you work with it.

my typicall meal for a day is

oh and I am still on the puree stage.

B: 1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese ot 1/2 cup fat free greek yogurt

L: 1/2 C purees chicken, turkey with 1 oz sauce or 1/4 c taco seasoned turkey or chicken with 1 T fat free cheddar 3 T refried Beans and some taco sauce

D:1/2c +2T Beef with 2T greek yogurt made into creamy horseradish sauce.

I am not suposed to have Snacks on my dr's plan which is no problem with me as I am not usually hungry between means but If I am short on protien I will have a laughing cow light cheese wedge or 4-8 oz of a 100 cal nesquick chocolate milk.

I am past 18 months out. I eat anything I The other day I had McDonalds chesse burger . I hadn't had one in years

and that is what I was craving. I ate most of it and just tore of the edges of the bread where there was no meat.

Sometimes I take my kids to pizza. I can eat one piece of pizza and no, I am not depressed that I can't eat more, I am really full and more just looks like it would make me sick.

Yesterday I had turkey and salad. Later on I had a piece of pecan pie.

But usually, for Breakfast I have a Protein shake. I love them. The ones I like the best are called BSN Lean desert. You can get them at vitacost.com and their shipping is 4.99 no matter how much you order. They have all sort of good things there.

I like the fudge pudding and I like to mix it with the banana pudding. I love the coconut candy one too.

lunch is sometimes rolled up virginia baked ham and a piece of colby jack cheese, maybe sometimes with

about 4-5 Kellogs multi grain crackers. Or sometimes I have something left over from when I ate out the night before. Sometimes I have part of a lean cuisine. (Can you tell I don't cook?

I go out for dinner a lot and always have plenty to take home.

I don't regret this surgery for one second. It's the very best thing I have ever done and I am thrilled with the sleeve. If you have anymore eating questions, just ask me. Send me a pm anytime . I will look for your posts to see how you're doing.

1. What are your typical days meals and how much of it can you eat? (PICTURES WOULD BE FABULOUS IF POSSIBLE)

I am not a huge fan of Breakfast foods so I typically eat a yogurt with some dry Cereal, or have leftovers from a previous meal. For lunch, I eat out a lot, so it really it whatever I want just in small quantities. The other day, I ate 4 of the nachos from Chili's 2 with fajita chicken, 2 with just Beans, cheese, guacamole, sour cream and 3-5 jalapeno slices. For dinner, I'll have whatever I prepare for my family. I typically eat 3-4oz of meat, veggies, and a few bites of whatever starch I prepare. I can eat 1 slice of bread with 2 slices of deli meat and 1 piece of cheese without the crust. I can eat 1 soft taco from taco bell, or 2 wedges from a steak quesadilla from taco bell.

Here's some pictures I've posted on what I've eaten, I eat about the same amounts maybe plus 1-2oz on mushies food.

http://www.verticalsleevetalk.com/topic/2934-food-for-thought/page__p__27160__fromsearch__1#entry27160

http://www.verticalsleevetalk.com/topic/3049-another-food-for-thought-moment/page__p__28094__fromsearch__1#entry28094

40504_455870596417_744801417_6554284_2004123_n.jpg

3 tortilla chips, Beans, rice with sauteed onions and queso blanco. 3 pieces of fajita skirt steak. About 1Tbsp of sour cream and guacamole mixed in with everything.

2. Do you every wish you could eat more than what you are eatting and get depressed over it? Nope, I don't wish I could eat more. I rarely eat to the point of being "full" anymore. I eat what I know will satisfy me, and in quantities that will allow me to hit my caloric and Protein goals and never miss the huge portions I ate pre-op. And, believe me, I could eat most men under the table. I had a huge appetite pre-op, I was definitely a volume eater, and would eat to get that "thanksgiving day" fullness every night at dinner. I had one case of "buyer's remorse" at 5.5 months out Thanksgiving 2009. I was still not able to eat a lot, and I sat there and watched my in-laws gorge themselves. I was furious at myself, but it was a fleeting moment, when I realized everyone was in their food coma, and I was ready to go do something. I felt alive, in control, and had so much energy while everyone else was napping. Least to say, I have absolutely ZERO regrets, and live an amazing life post-op.

3. Do you regret the surgery or are you happy you did it? Happy doesn't even begin to describe how I feel about my life post-VSG. I would do it over again and again to feel this amazing.

4. How many months/years post sleeve are you?Just a few days shy of 18 months post-sleeve

Thank you! Where do you get nectar from?

I'm 4 mos out, and am eating like this:

B: Protien Shake: Try nectar, it's awesome. Peach/Lemonade

S: cheese 30g

L: Left overs from night before: Steak/Pork/Chicken/Salmon, along with a small Arugala salad, olive oil, sald and vinegar

S: Beef Jerky, 1 oz

D: meat (3oz), with a gravy and some well cooked broccoli flowers, no stems

S: Canned fuit in Water (1/2 cup) or 1/2 a fresh apple.

I'm down 74lbs in 4 mos.

I LOVE my sleeve and would do it again in a heartbeat!

Thank you soooo much !!!!! This information was very helpful! Your portions seem more normal, when were you able to start eatting these portion sizes? Sorry for all of the questions and thank you for all of your help with taking the time to post this information.

I am not a huge fan of Breakfast foods so I typically eat a yogurt with some dry Cereal, or have leftovers from a previous meal. For lunch, I eat out a lot, so it really it whatever I want just in small quantities. The other day, I ate 4 of the nachos from Chili's 2 with fajita chicken, 2 with just Beans, cheese, guacamole, sour cream and 3-5 jalapeno slices. For dinner, I'll have whatever I prepare for my family. I typic!ally eat 3-4oz of meat, veggies, and a few bites of whatever starch I prepare. I can eat 1 slice of bread with 2 slices of deli meat and 1 piece of cheese without the crust. I can eat 1 soft taco from taco bell, or 2 wedges from a steak quesadilla from taco bell.

Here's some pictures I've posted on what I've eaten, I eat about the same amounts maybe plus 1-2oz on mushies food.

http://www.verticals...h__1#entry27160

http://www.verticals...h__1#entry28094

40504_455870596417_744801417_6554284_2004123_n.jpg

3 tortilla chips, Beans, rice with sauteed onions and queso blanco. 3 pieces of fajita skirt steak. About 1Tbsp of sour cream and guacamole mixed in with everything.

2. Do you every wish you could eat more than what you are eatting and get depressed over it? Nope, I don't wish I could eat more. I rarely eat to the point of being "full" anymore. I eat what I know will satisfy me, and in quantities that will allow me to hit my caloric and Protein goals and never miss the huge portions I ate pre-op. And, believe me, I could eat most men under the table. I had a huge appetite pre-op, I was definitely a volume eater, and would eat to get that "thanksgiving day" fullness every night at dinner. I had one case of "buyer's remorse" at 5.5 months out Thanksgiving 2009. I was still not able to eat a lot, and I sat there and watched my in-laws gorge themselves. I was furious at myself, but it was a fleeting moment, when I realized everyone was in their food coma, and I was ready to go do something. I felt alive, in control, and had so much energy while everyone else was napping. Least to say, I have absolutely ZERO regrets, and live an amazing life post-op.

3. Do you regret the surgery or are you happy you did it? Happy doesn't even begin to describe how I feel about my life post-VSG. I would do it over again and again to feel this amazing.

4. How many months/years post sleeve are you?Just a few days shy of 18 months post-sleeve

I'm curious as to what you are taking in each day right now since we're about the same time frame?

Today I have had

30oz Water and working on a 20oz bottle of crystal light lemonade which I prob. won't finish since I'm heading to bed soon

3 Tbls Jello

3 Tbls SF/FF pudding

1 C fruit smoothie (homemade)

1/2 C Milk

I'm not a big Soup person so I HAVE to start in with the Protein drinks again but I am going to try and make chili tomorrow and blend it!!

Thank you soooo much !!!!! This information was very helpful! Your portions seem more normal, when were you able to start eatting these portion sizes? Sorry for all of the questions and thank you for all of your help with taking the time to post this information.

Around 7-8 months out is when I could eat these size portions. I still have the same amount of restriction at 18 months. The only change is that I can eat a lot more junk food like chips, crackers, rice and Pasta have become slider foods. Before rice and Pasta kind of expanded in my stomach, and I could only eat a couple of bites. I'm sure a lot of it has to do with the fact that I chew, chew, chew pasta and rice up really well and that is what allows me to eat more. There are ways to "cheat" the sleeve. I can have a 1/2 glass of wine, or a cup of hot tea and be able to fit more food in. So when I'm having one of those days when I want to eat a bit more (especially more veggies), I'll have some wine or hot tea. I'm not advocating this behavior because it can be a slippery slope for some. I don't do it often, but for special occasion dinners, or big social functions, I tend to splurge which for me, that's pretty "normal" behavior. I can splurge and go right back to my normal eating habits without getting into an ugly cycle of overindulging. It takes some self-control, but the sleeve makes it much easier.

My portions aren't normal at least not in my circle of average sized girlfriends, or my lean, naturally thin husband. My portions feel "normal" to me, but my girlfriends still comment on how little I eat, and they all know about my surgery. They just love it because they get my leftovers sometimes if I don't feel like bringing them home.

I forgot that we went to Breakfast this morning at Cracker Barrel. I ordered a 2 egg (over easy) bacon and cheese sandwich on sourdough. I ate 2/3 of the eggs (minus a lot of the whites LOL), with1/2 of 1 slice of the bread minus the crust, 1.5 slices of american cheese, and had 1 slice of bacon minus all the flabby fat, and I had literally 3 small bites of hashbrown casserole, 1 small bite of a biscuit with strawberry preserves. I drank sweet tea before my meal was served, and took a few drinks of my husband's coffee right before I started eating. Our meal lasted 45 minutes. The slower I eat, the more I can eat, and I did sip through my meal. I don't take drinks, but I did sip my husband's coffee and my tea throughout our meal. I should toss out there that was around 9:45am this morning after shopping for 4 hours after 3 hours at Walmart. I was literally awake for 29 hours, and I had not eaten since about 5:30-6pm the night before.

I am 5 months out, today I will eat:

1 whey Protein shot

2 turkey-cream cheese roll ups

2 oz baked chicken with 2 oz cheese, melted

2 oz fuyu persimmon

3 oz chicken breast with 2 oz cheese, melted

chicken fills me up to uncomfortable after only a very little, while something like swiss steak or meatloaf I can eat 6 ounces no problem.

Today I'm eating about 630 cals but usually I take in 800. I try to keep carbs below 25.

Seems like such SMALL portions! You don't ever miss food?

With such small portions, are you even able to enjoy food anymore?

Can you ever enjoy a dinner out?

Also, I am soooo sick of Protein drinks I could throw up, how can you drink them every single day? What are you drinking/brand/flavor, etc... i've tried different Protein Drinks and I can't stand them at all.

After I eat, I'm not hungry. Yes,I miss food sometimes. The few times we have gone out to eat since surgery, I just get an extra plate and share with hubby. Mostly, I drink "Oh Yeah" ready to drink chocolate milkshake flavor. I can't stomach most of them. The only powdered one I like is "Click" mocha flavored. It mixes well in a Blender Bottle and tastes like coffee.

Almost 4 months out. I eat more or less what I want (that said, I hate fried food), so my diet varies quite a bit day to day. The only constant is a Protein bar or shake every day.

Bfast: preworkout - half a Protein Bar

Post-workout: Protein Shake with Water, 2 pieces of chocolate

Lunch: 6 oysters, about 3/4 cup apple and avocado salad with 2 shrimp

Dinner: Indian buffet - half a tandoori chicken thigh; 3 or 4 small pieces of butter chicken; half a cup rice pudding

Well, when I look at it honestly, a best friend of mine "died": overeating, and eating to medicate. Today, as most days, I will average around 1200 calories. Yes, I miss food at times, but I find that is when I am not taking care of the other parts of me, mainly exercise and prayer. But, for me, it is also maintaining an attitude of gratitude that today I can make choices, see my shoes, actually look down and see my "junk" (sorry, but it's true), fit into regular seats, not sweat because I sneezed, and realize that today I can make food my friend, not an opponent. Realize that this is 15 months out and sometimes I have rough days and fall into pity parties that I cannot eat normally, even though I never really did!

My portions are reasonable. And I eat SLOW (chew chew chew, swallow, wait). Sometimes I even take a small walk around the house mid meal. For breakfast I have something healthy and Fiber filled, such as oatmeal with a small (2 oz) piece of Protein. Mid morning is my snack, usually a Protein shake made with soy milk as regular, even skim, milk does not sit well. lunch is 3-4 ounces of protein and a light carb topped off with a little bit of fruit. Mid afternoon is often a Greek yogurt. Pre-workout I have a banana. For dinner it varies, but usually a solid (yet varied, chicken, to beef, to fish) 2-4 ounces of protein, 1/3 cup of a carb, and a veggie of some kind. Evening I have a treat of 1/3 cup of ice cream, or maybe some Nilla wafers with a small glass of OJ.

Suggestion: instead of looking and concentrating on what is not a part of your life and potentially falling into the "poor mes," look at what is, and what may be, and just what great things will happen if you keep on your chosen path of changing into a healthy lifestyle.