Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

One Week to Go... and I'm thinking of Chickening OUt

I get why your husband is upset, he feels left out. Even if he never comes around on this issue you have to decide just how bad you want change. Sure I tried telling myself a few times, hey you have lost 50 pounds already you can do this, but then I told myself the truth. If I could do it without surgery I would not be fat right now.

I had to remind myself many times of the real effects of the weight on my health, pre diabetic, back and knee pain, high cholesterol and High blood pressure. Sure it is a LOT more comforting to tell myself I can do this alone and at my pace, but I know where that thinking has gotten me all these years.

Now for the pain and nausea your are scared of,,,I just came home from the hospital today and I did not get sick once, every time I felt ill I told the nurse and they were right there with the shot for nausea. As for the pain, sure there is pain as with any surgical procedure. It sounds like I had more than most folks, but I was at a hospital and the minute I told them I needed something and they brought it. It was never uncontrolled. I still have pain now that I am home, but I have the liquid vicodin for it and it is not forever. I look at this way No pain, no gain.

For a few days of pain I will gain health and and nice looking body.

Dear Myori:

Thank you for your wondeful message of encouragement. You were RIGHT!!! I wasn't hardly nauseous at all.. only right after surgery, and they gave me something immediately any time I said I felt sick. Not since. The pain was minimal... so little that I accused my doctor of NOT really doing surgery on me!!

And you are so right about feeling better after a few days. My entire outlook on LIFE has changed. I feel positive and strong and like the world is my oyster.... I am NOT going to dwell on the fact that I have spent the first half of my life FAT and pathetic.. I am only going to look forward to my future.

Right now, I feel like I could be anybody I want to be.... this is the BEST gift I could have given myself.

Happy Christmas! Cinderella

Your husband is being a dick. Period. You are not a liar, it IS your body and you can decide for yourself what you want and need, you don't need anybody's approval, esp a husband who has an issue with the surgery, not you. Do NOT let anybody eff with your mind, it's hard enough to arrive at this decision without others putting in their 2 cents of which they know nothing about.

Dear TNTRANSPLANT:

I was re-reading old posts and just had to update you. I think your post is the best oe, it's so true, so honest. And wanted to let you know that I did go ahead and barrel through with my plan, arranged my own transportation and hired a woman to "check me out" of the hospital and so forth.... and it was all SO SO worth it.

For one thing, I think that in a way, my "cussed independance" caused my husband to look at me in a new way, as my own person who doesn't crumple in a heap if he disapproves, and is willing to fight for what I want. That's good for both of us!!

But I have to tell you something funny.... now, three weeks out and 20 pounds lighter, all the sudden my husband is making comments like, "HEY, where'd your butt go? You have a flat rear end now." and... "Wow, you look GREAT today.." so his mind is opening up a little bit. He is starting to ask questions about my diet and things like that. Water under the bridge I know, but I do believe that you can't hold grudges and be happy, so I'm willing to overlook his BAD BEHAVIOR in this situation. But I am SURE GLAD that I stood him down and got my sleeve!

Thanks, and happy Christmas!

Cinderella

Dear TNTRANSPLANT:

I was re-reading old posts and just had to update you. I think your post is the best oe, it's so true, so honest. And wanted to let you know that I did go ahead and barrel through with my plan, arranged my own transportation and hired a woman to "check me out" of the hospital and so forth.... and it was all SO SO worth it.

For one thing, I think that in a way, my "cussed independance" caused my husband to look at me in a new way, as my own person who doesn't crumple in a heap if he disapproves, and is willing to fight for what I want. That's good for both of us!!

But I have to tell you something funny.... now, three weeks out and 20 pounds lighter, all the sudden my husband is making comments like, "HEY, where'd your butt go? You have a flat rear end now." and... "Wow, you look GREAT today.." so his mind is opening up a little bit. He is starting to ask questions about my diet and things like that. Water under the bridge I know, but I do believe that you can't hold grudges and be happy, so I'm willing to overlook his BAD BEHAVIOR in this situation. But I am SURE GLAD that I stood him down and got my sleeve!

Thanks, and happy Christmas!

Cinderella

Cinderella...you ROCK girl! Congratulations on believing in yourself and moving forward with your decision. Others who are on the fence should read this post and see your turnaround. It's really amazing to see the difference in tone in the postings at the beginning of this thread to the ones post-surgery. Even your font is excited...hahaha. CONGRATULATIONS again and I'm so glad your hubby's attitude has improved.

Laura ;)

As I was reading from the beginning of your post, now down to this section, I was getting angrier and angrier...until I hit the update! WHOOOHOOO. I'm so proud of you for going ahead and getting the sleeve. You are very, very brave, and I'm so glad you took control of YOUR life this way. You're husband loves you, this I know. He's just scared of CHANGE. Change in your attitude, sexiness and self assurance. How will YOUR choice effect his lifestyle. This is just the way most men think, then they come around, and realize that "hey, it's not so bad", and they fall into step with you and once again, you "jive".

Congratulations on making your brave choice. I could hug you!!!