Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for some friends currently completing their 6 month physician supervised diet

I am just starting my 6 month physician supervised diet/exercise regimen....should be able to have my surgery in May 2011..anyone else at this stage of the game? I have UHC and this is the last requirement that I have to meet.....I am trying to focus on the good things to come and not on the long wait that I have.... :(

I am just starting my 6 month physician supervised diet/exercise regimen....should be able to have my surgery in May 2011..anyone else at this stage of the game? I have UHC and this is the last requirement that I have to meet.....I am trying to focus on the good things to come and not on the long wait that I have.... :(

Hi! I finished the diet part in October. I started the diet process before the other stuff so that it could all even itself out, but it was still a process. The six months goes by pretty quickly, and you learn a lot from the nutritionist about life after your operation. I say take it in a positive way and try to lose a little weight before surgery so that you can shrink the liver and increase your chances of success without complications.

Welcome! I'm currently three months into the process. I too have UHC. I have scheduled my nut appointment for December as well as my fourth month of supervised diet and weight control. ( Both on the same day ) It will be here before I know it. I'm hoping to have my sleeve late February or early March. ( fingers crosed ) I know from reading all of the posts here, there is a lot of information. And I read and read. Keep us posted.

I'm sorry to reposted your post 3 times. I was trying to reply and was having a problem. I just joined this site last night and I'm having some trouble navigating through this site. I was trying to say I too just started my 6 month diet and hoping to get surgery sometime in May 2011. Nervous but in the same time also excited!

Hi this is my first post. I have a surgery date of April 25, 2011. I have GHI who also requires the 6 mos physician supervised visits. I had my second one this past Friday. They scheduled my surgery on my first bariatric appt 9/24, and my first weight management appt was Oct 22. I am a bit worried cutting it close. But the doc assured me that we can schedule some of the appts 2-3 weeks apart as April approaches. I lost 12 lbs in my first month. So i went from 343 to 331. I really want to be under 300 lbs by my surgery date. I have been a little lax this weekend, but tomorrow i am right back on it!

;)Dee, that's really cool that we both are going to have our surgery around May!! I am very excited about it too!! I am going to keep going to the gym and try to improve my eating habits as well. Eat smaller portions and take smaller bites..like we'll have to once we have surgery. Thanks everyone for your replies, I am excited to have some buddies to talk to during this process...it was great hearing from all of you ;)

Yes as of NOV 15th I have completed my 6 month supervised diet. Im so happy and it went very fast!!! just waiting for my approval now :bored:

Steph,

I have UHC too and am on month 4 of the 6 month Physician supervised weight loss. My UHC has just recently added (for my insurance plan) a 6 month support group component, which I am now in month 2. I am not close enough yet to estimate a surgery date, but I imaging it will be near yours.

Hi all, just chiming in. I am also just beginning the 6 month diet with UHC. I was initially told, as was my surgeon that my plan didn't require the diet. Now that I've submitted for approval I was denied for not having it. So I'm pretty frustrated. But I hope to officially begin the diet plan next month and shoot for a May surgery date!

Hi all, just chiming in. I am also just beginning the 6 month diet with UHC. I was initially told, as was my surgeon that my plan didn't require the diet. Now that I've submitted for approval I was denied for not having it. So I'm pretty frustrated. But I hope to officially begin the diet plan next month and shoot for a May surgery date!

The six months will go by pretty quickly. I will be entering month four on December 10th. Just make sure that there is plenty of documentation. Even if you need to add your own documentation. Every month I bring in everything to my primary appointment that I have done for the month to lose the weight. How many calories at each meal. How many minutes a day I exercise. So that there is no mistake that I'm doing my part. They are sticklers for documentation. The more the better. Keep in touch if you want to contact me just email me. Take care.