Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

One year since VSG

I have to say it's the best thing I've done in my life. Ever.

- Had the sleeve at BMI 36 and am now at BMI 22.9, which I've successfully maintained for the past 3-4 months. If I gain 2-3 pounds, I start to feel tight and lose them again. If I go below, my boobs completely disappear and my face starts to look too skeleton like so I'm sticking to this weight for the foreseeable future

- Dieting was and is easy and once I learned how to eat I haven't been sick. Had one major painful kidney stone episode in March, learned to drink more and it hasn't recurred (& it passed the natural route, so to speak, so nothing but pain medication needed)

- I love my new life. I've posted about the benefits before on here so I won't go into any detail, but it's so worth it. If you're only considering doing it, I say go for it!

Congratulations!! :D Gives us new timers something to look forward to -- it's so nice to hear that it works :)

you GO girl!

Thank you for sharing your success with our members! You are doing fabulous!

Good work! I can't imagine being at 22.9...

This is just what I needed to read. I go in a week from today and I'm feeling rather anxious/scared about it all.

So thanks!! And congratulations on your awesome success!!!

YAY!!!

Thanks for sharing, that's wonderful :)

I love reading success stories like this!

That is incredible!!! Congratulations! I so loooooove hearing about those of you who are in maintenance and don't find *hard* *impossible* *frustrating*... YAY YAY YAY!!

awesome job! Congrats on your continual success... I'm just over 6 weeks out and its so great to hear about that glorious light at the end of the tunnel! Thank you!

Thanks!

I have to say I was worried about the maintaining phase, too, but so far it's been a complete walk in the park. The only regain I've experienced was when I coughed for three weeks and couldn't exercise at all, plus that darn cold didn't take away my sense of taste. Gained a couple of pounds but they were as easy to lose as the weight before that. The sleeve works super for me.

I'm 5 ft 9 in and at the moment an European size 38/40 which converts to a size 8/10 in the US depending on the clothes manufacturer. Buying clothes is sooooo much fun now!

I still don't feel hungry much at all. Have learned to eat regularly because otherwise I get tired. I have periods when I eat healthily (saland/meat/fish/fruit plus some cashew nuts and müsli) and then get carb cravings about 3-4 days a month when I allow myself some less healthy stuff. My period arrives and the cravings go away. Wonder how much of it was hormonal before? Some kind of hormone imbalance because of the excess weight? I used to feel like that all the time.

I'm single and live alone so I've worked out what I can and cannot keep in the house. At the moment I can keep super sweet Cookies in the cupboard (I think they're yuk so I leave them alone), I can have nuts in bowls (visible) and I can have candy in containers in the kitchen (not visible) and then I have one a day. I cannot have cinnamon rolls, cake or Cookies I like in the house or I'll eat them just because they taste good. I like to bake so now I bake, keep like three cookies for myself and bring the rest for friends when I see them or to work.

I really love fruit nowadays. Pears, pineapple, bananas. Roast beef (rare) - yum! I still don't eat Pasta or rice or potatoes or bread at home - I occasionally make lasagna, freeze it in small pieces (about 200 grams) and have one every now and again. I eat about 75% healthier than I did before and my portion sizes are about 1/4-1/3 of what they used to be. I love it that I can manage to eat a little of everything: I don't need to deny myself anything at all.

Wow, Congratulations, and thank you for sharing! I am pre-op, and this is exactly what I am hoping for!!!! Thanks for the encouragement!

"I have to say it's the best thing I've done in my life. Ever.

- Had the sleeve at BMI 36 and am now at BMI 22.9, which I've successfully maintained for the past 3-4 months. If I gain 2-3 pounds, I start to feel tight and lose them again. If I go below, my boobs completely disappear and my face starts to look too skeleton like so I'm sticking to this weight for the foreseeable future

- Dieting was and is easy and once I learned how to eat I haven't been sick. Had one major painful kidney stone episode in March, learned to drink more and it hasn't recurred (& it passed the natural route, so to speak, so nothing but pain medication needed)

- I love my new life. I've posted about the benefits before on here so I won't go into any detail, but it's so worth it. If you're only considering doing it, I say go for it!" and laid down for a little while. I was able to go when I got up. That relieved the pressure and when I wiped there was a little blood. I was somewhat alarmed but since it was Sunday I took a wait and see attitude. Since then nothing. I will stay alert but I wondered at the time if that was what it was...Carole

I noticed your comment about a kidney stone. I may have passed one last weekend but I'm not sure. I felt pressure like I really had to go and it hurt some(not alot) but I couldn't go. I drank a bunch of Water then laid down. When I got up I was able to go and the pressure was relieved. When I wiped there was a little blood. Since then nothing and everything seems to be normal...Carole