Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Too much exercise?

Title says it!! Can I be doing too much excercise???

We got the xbox 360 kinect, and prior to this I was doing about 20mins of cardio a night, and some light free weight training. I've been stalled for two weeks, actually my weight has gone up .6lbs.

I've only been doing the Kinect for a week now but I'm worried that I could be doing too much. My husband looked at me like I was crazy when I said it...but I'm serious.

I played Dance Central for 2 hours last night!! WHAT?!?! The time just flew by BUT I was soaking wet with sweat and I'm sore today LOL. I've been doing at least an hour and a half since we got the stupid game....every night. I thought about it yesterday and it seems that it would burn a lot of calories, it's quite an intense workout.

So I got on myplate and put my food in for the day, I had 1003 calories yesterday. My exercise based on weight burned 724 calories YIKES!!!!!! That was the 2 hours of dancing and free weights and crunches.

I'm no NUT or fitness trainer but that's not good. There is no way I can eat 700+ more calories a day.

I don't want to stop the dancing, or the weight training, what to do, what to do??

Suggestions would be great! How am I going to get out of this stall??

I believe the Daily Plate is really inaccurate for calories calculated for exercise. There is a huge discrepancy, duplicate entries etc.

I say keep dancing.... its great... it feels good.... its building your cardio. As long as you feel good you are probably doing what your body wants.

You may have gained a little Water weight around some sore muscles.... it will go away.

Thanks for the answers. As for mydailyplate being inaccurate on calculating calories burned; even if I didn't burn 300+ calories an hour dancing..it was probably really close to that for my size. So I'm WAY under in calories consumed then.

I love the dancing and don't plan to stop BUT I gained 1lb today and I'm getting super discouraged. I upped my calories yesterday and everything UGH. This just sucks.

I supposed I could cut out carbs for a few days and see if that breaks my stall? I'm not sure that's what I want to do though. I just can't believe how discouraged I'm getting over no loss then a gained lb!

:banghead:

So are you still enjoying it?

xbox Kinect looks like so much fun!

The zumba and the dance programs appeal to me...

I think just keep it healthy, eat enough Protein, drink extra Water and keep some healthy carbs... your body is probably making muscle and trying to figure what the heck you are doing to it. Keep the good feelings coming and Im sure your body will get into the groove on the scale/tape measure soon!

I agree, don't stop. Remember, building muscle means adding weight, as muscle weighs more than fat. I've been working out with a trainer for the last 3 months and although the scale moves very slowly (I'm training to muscle failure and building lean muscle) the inches are dropping off. The scale does not tell the whole story. You need to shock your body, be sure you are not burning too many calories, focus on building muscle instead. Lots and lots of Water....

Best of luck.

I usually burn 500-600 cals at the gym but am only eating between 300 -400 in a day with no more then 30 carbs . I spoke to my surgen about this and he said that it was fine as long as I have energy and keep doing what I am doing. As for the gain you could be retaining Water or building mussle. Pull the tape measure out and I am sure you will see a drop in numbers there even if you dont see one on the scale.< /p>

Guest liveagain1973

Thanks so much for posting this. I am no where near getting too much exercise, but I've always been nervous about burning more calories than I take in. Please let me know what you come up with.

Title says it!! Can I be doing too much excercise???

We got the xbox 360 kinect, and prior to this I was doing about 20mins of cardio a night, and some light free weight training. I've been stalled for two weeks, actually my weight has gone up .6lbs.

I've only been doing the Kinect for a week now but I'm worried that I could be doing too much. My husband looked at me like I was crazy when I said it...but I'm serious.

I played Dance Central for 2 hours last night!! WHAT?!?! The time just flew by BUT I was soaking wet with sweat and I'm sore today LOL. I've been doing at least an hour and a half since we got the stupid game....every night. I thought about it yesterday and it seems that it would burn a lot of calories, it's quite an intense workout.

So I got on myplate and put my food in for the day, I had 1003 calories yesterday. My exercise based on weight burned 724 calories YIKES!!!!!! That was the 2 hours of dancing and free weights and crunches.

I'm no NUT or fitness trainer but that's not good. There is no way I can eat 700+ more calories a day.

I don't want to stop the dancing, or the weight training, what to do, what to do??

Suggestions would be great! How am I going to get out of this stall??

I am keen on learning answers to this as well. I used to just do 30 minutes a day of moderate treadmill walking. Then I changed it up: elliptical instead of treadmill, going faster and farther with more body involvement than treadmill - 20 minutes. Also, weights, 7 different machines that work arms, chest, stomach, inner/outer thighs, etc. 3 sets of 12, lifting the most I can lift in a single rep.

It feels great, don't get me wrong, and the euphoria that floods through my body after a demanding set is practically sexual (hee hee). But I've stopped losing weight. It's been 3+ weeks and I have only lost 1.5 pounds. I don't want to quit the weights and lose the strength I have gained because of them, and I don't have time for a longer workout, I'm already getting up at 5 as it is.

I take in between 700-800 calories a day, try to keep carbs under 30 grams, Protein over 70.

If anyone has any answers I would love to hear them.

Here is an update as some of you are curious about exercising too much. This is what I've been doing...or lack there of.

I stopped the excessive dancing and using the kinect games. I've done maybe 5 -7 dances since I've posted this. I've also cut back on the amount of free weighs I'm doing. I'm doing it every other day, if that, along with abs and push-ups.

This made me break my stall and start losing again, I've lost aroud 4-5lbs since I stopped over doing it with the exercise. I'm making sure to do my free weights for my arms though, I'm so scared they will get saggy!! It seems that the day after I do my free weights, abs and push-ups I never lose anything, it's always the day after and then I do weights again that day.

Just thought I would update everyone. I might start the dancing again and I'll let you know how it goestongue.gif