Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lost 100 lbs? Loose skin & Wrinkles??

HI,

If you have lost an average of 100 lbs, would you please tell me if you have had the problem of loose, wrinkly, sagging skin? Also any suggestions for preventing this? I have about 100 lbs to lose and I am worried about this.

Thanks,

I lost 145lbs. And, yep, I've got loose, wrinkly skin, my thighs are flabby because I don't work out so that would help tone up, but I am a size 2. So, I guess in my little mind, I'll take the little bit of loose, wrinkly skin over the fat rolls, and skin folds I had while being 270lbs. I have flabby arms, the skin on my stomach is wrinkly, and I have a baby fat roll that I can't get rid of on the lower part of my abdomen. But, in all honesty, I could careless. I miss my boobs more than anything. It's nothing that keeps me awake at night, I don't have nightmares about it, my husband still finds me attractive, and gorgeous loose skin and all. I do have more noticeable crows feet around my eyes, but other than that, I don't let these little things bother me too much. Of course, Botox, and plastic surgery is on my wishlist for the very near future, but even then, I'm sure there will be something that I don't like about my body. In the grand scheme of things, I'd prefer to have my loose, wrinkly, flabby skin over the fat rolls and co-morbidities and misery that came with being fat.

Moisturizing and exfoliating helps with the skin, and time. Genetics, age, and how long you've carried your weight will determine what it will look like post-surgery, and years after goal. My skin is reabsorbing nicely. Every month my arms get a bit less flabby, and every month my stomach looks less wrinkly. There is no magic cure for all the years of abuse I've done to my skin by being fat, and stretching it out to the max with being 270lbs on a 5'2" frame. No amount of wraps, laser treatments, rubs, lotions, creams will repair the damage of being morbidly obese for 10+ years.

I've lost about 158 pounds in a five and a half year period. First about half of it, then the other half some three-four years later after the sleeve.

I've got some loose skin: I'll never have a bikini body, but I get by in a full bathing suit (with a couple of inches of "shorts legs"). I have a tiny wrinkle above each knee, and other than that it's mostly my butt and tummy that would need tightening up.

Will I get corrective surgery? Heck no. I'm forty, I've got the body of my dreams with clothes on, I'll manage with this one. No silicone either. This is just fine! Better than fine: this is GREAT!

HI,

If you have lost an average of 100 lbs, would you please tell me if you have had the problem of loose, wrinkly, sagging skin? Also any suggestions for preventing this? I have about 100 lbs to lose and I am worried about this.

Thanks,

Vanity isnt a strong point with me at this time. . I'm not movie star quality anyhow so the loose skin doesn't bother me in the least. . anyhow I'm pretty lucky i guess, I'm 6'0 tall so i don't have that much loose skin, just the pregnancy overlap from years ago, but heck there is always duck tape right???? :lol::lol:

I have lost 100 lbs and yes I have excess skin. Like Tiff, I would rather have loose skin than all the fat rolls. I am not too discouraged at this point. I have been told by many oldtimers that the first yr or so after you reach goal. The skin tightens some and the rest of the fat in your body redistributes some. So, it may get better.

I have lost 100 lbs and yes I have excess skin. Like Tiff, I would rather have loose skin than all the fat rolls. I am not too discouraged at this point. I have been told by many oldtimers that the first yr or so after you reach goal. The skin tightens some and the rest of the fat in your body redistributes some. So, it may get better.

OLDTIMERS!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol: Now i really feel the loose skin! Get me that walker! No wait a nursing home sounds better! :lol::lol:

Yes I've got lose, wrinkly old lady skin and I plan on getting a TT and not sure about what to do about my boobies but I went from a 40 H to a now 34 DD so I am glad I lost there it's just the loss of fullness I hate. I don't know if I want implants but that's a long time away. Anyways yes if you lose 100 pounds you'll have lose skin but the body is an amazing unit that with an open mind will surprise you! And like stated above it matters how long you were big and how heavy you were. Genetics help too! I have cheap Irish skin! Good luck!

I've only lost 58 pounds so far so I don't have the issues yet, but once I crossed over the 50 pound mark I noticed some changes including intense dryness and creping. I'm lifting weights, hoping that will stave off the super flab. from day of surgery to goal weight is 164 pounds so no doubt there will be some flab. I do hope to get some reconstructive surgery if it is really bad, particularly the pannus region and thighs. I really want to get my breasts done but have heard that you can't breastfeed once you've had them done. I don't think I would get implants, there's plenty of raw material to work with! =)