Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Am I the only one with this problem!!!!!!

Hi,

As you all know by now probably, I am to be banded July10. I'm 115 overweight and I'm 41 years old. I too, was in a bad wreck two years ago and Had to have a disc removed in my neck and peice of thigh bone put in and lots of brackets and screws to hold in place, and the year before that I threw 5 gallons of gas on a huge brush fire (thinking it was kerosene) and needless to say was thrown 33 feet and 3rd degree burns over 30% of my body(legs).

My question, do any of you that are as overweight as me feel like _hit most of the time. I'm serious. I can work in the yard for a few min and crawl into bed. I can shop for an hour and come home and have to take a nap. Packing this weight around is literally killing me but I'm worried maybe something else is wrong with me and I just don't have any energy. Does anyone else have any of these problems. Just worried.

Love you all,

Sherri:help:

I have a little less to lose, but can certainly identify with how you're feeling.

I wonder if you are still recovering from the disc and burn problems? It is amazing how long it takes to fully recover from serious injuries.

I broke a femur 18 months ago and a tib/fib 30 months ago. I gained a lot of weight because of these. It is only in the last month that I have felt 100% recovered, and these injuries were much less severe than yours.

Between the weight you will lose with LapBand and a few more months recovery you are going to be much improved.

On the other hand, have you been tested for sleep apnea? sleep apnea makes one feel tired all the time, and it is easily remedied.

Hi Sherri,

I weighed exactly 260 when I started my weight loss journey & I was 34 which isn't that much younger then you. I did get tired easily, but I didn't experience the exhausted feelings like you did. I could still shop all day & then come home & make dinner. But, everyone is different. I am sure that your burn experience & disc problems haven't helped out very much in your situation. Maybe there is something else wrong?! Not sure. Sometimes when an overweight person complains of being tired, doctors like to blame it all on the weight. I DO know that this surgery will definately give you more energy & help yoiu feel like yourself again.

Best of luck to you!! I hope all goes well. :)

I felt the same way as you do and as you can see! I had alot to loose when you get 10% of your body weight off you will see a big difference and then they say when you get to 20% but my mom and I both had the surgery wow just not being full of food and not over eating in the first month we felt better.. I would be out of breath going up a flight of stairs and keeping up with my 2 small boys was nearly impossible the surgery will be the answer you are looking for I think.. Good job on the weight loss before surgery too!

My question would be is this something new or have you have always felt this way???? Many things can cause exhaustion.. for me it is depression or stress. You could also be anemic, hypothyroid, or as previously stated it could be sleep apnea. And not to scare you but when my sister had breast cancer her first symptom was overwhelming exhaustion. I would recommend a physical.. just to rule out treatable causes.. fatigue is a vague symptom with a multitude of causes. Get it checked out especially since you have surgery coming up. You dont want any surprises on your preop labs that could postpone your surgery!!! You will probably find out that nothing is wrong.. but better safe than sorry!!!

Thanks for all of your help. NO, this just happened after the burns a little and a lot after the neck surgeries. They say my neck and back are a mess. I'm on loritab 10, 4 times a day plus muscle relaxers, plus adivan to help me sleep. I wonder if all of these together could also hinder. So far my breast exams are all normal, so far. Some people say that that strong of a pain pill, plus the others would bother them too. I don't know.

I was just beginning to feel that way at 38 years old and it scared the sh*t out of me to be honest. That plus a really sore ankle that had no reasonable explanation, nobody could diagnose anything wrong with it. I was a relatively modest 80lb overweight but I guess all our bodies have different tolerances.

I look at my girlfriend who must be over 300lb now and I cant imagine how she must feel. It looks likes its difficult for her to stand up from sitting and walk, yet she is a dynamo, such an efficient and energetic person. I was to the point of wanting to just stay in bed all day and my house had turned into a tip.

I've lost half my weight now and all my old energy has returned. My house is still a tip but that's because I prefer to spend my time out and about or running on the treadmill.

Wow Jachut,

That's at the exact same age this hit me. I'd never been overweight until the burns. 3rd degree burns on both legs with debrieding daily and stuff was hard. Had to learn to walk again, then I had foot surgery, heel spur removed and that took me down and then the bad wreck. You explained exactly how I've been feeling. I'll see people bigger than me and wonder and in the crap are they doing that. I do think all of this pain meds are making me sleepy, groggy, and whatever. I've tapered myself off about half in the last couple of days and I do feel a little more energy but the pain of course is a lot worse. I guess I'll just have to wait until I loose some pounds and my neurosurgeon said that will take loads of pain off of my neck and back and feet.

Thank you for your insight, and I hope your doing well.

Sherri