Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

trying not to get discouraged 5 weeks out

lilmissdiva-im trying to get the Water in, i feel like im drinking all day long. i used to be a big water drinker and a gulper now to only take small sips all day drivers me crazy. im going to try to drink a extra Protein Shake for the next week to see if that will help me. I dont eat canned Soup I made the soup and the pickel was the size of my little pinkey. today ive gotten in 16oz of water so far and going to go make a 16oz Protein shake which will take a few hours to drink.(there gross)

Hi again,

Increase Water intake and try to add an extra meal to get enough food in. The pain you feel after 2-3 bites could be due to eathing to fast, that is what happens to me. I've been told that main meals should take about 30 minutes to eat, and wow - I'm struggling with that myself! :-)

Another thing to remember is that just as before surgery, your monthy cycle can affect the weight.

Best wishes and good luck!

Kerri, believe me I know exactly what you're going through! At this point it's probably more important to just have patience with yourself. You're barely 5 weeks out - you will figure it all out.

Worrying and stress isn't going to help.

You probably shouldn't weigh as often either... maybe wait 2 weeks, keep positive and on the right path. The scale will be kind to you again soon. Focus mostly on your eating, and maybe add in a walk here and there. It WILL happen for you, I absolutely promise. Even though I still think your weight loss to date is still really good.

Hugs!!!

Kerri I so understand! Everyone how do u et all that Fluid in? I cant either and I have been stalled for 2 wks! :(

Don't worry about the stall - it will work itself out. I did the same thing at about 3 or 4 weeks out. Gained 3 lbs and the scale didn't move for almost two weeks. But now it has started to come off again and I have lost another 10 lbs in the past two - three weeks. it's weird but it works. I used to drink a ton of Water and can't really stomach it anymore plan. So I mix in the Kellogg's K2o and it has another 5 grams of Protein. I am not concerning myself too much with carbs etc, only my protein and my water and I seem to be doing fine.

I doubled up my Protein Shake started yesterday to see if that will help me, I'll let you all know on Monday if its helped or not. Also I found away i can get the Protein Shakes in better, instead of 1 scoop of Protein and 8oz milk Im doing 2 scoops of protein, a package of suger free hot cocoa and 16oz of Water. To me its not as sweet or thick and i can handle it alot better.

Thanks for all the encouragment I really needed it!!! I'll let you know on Monday when i weigh in if I was able to break the stall.

I'm 7 months out and I agree with several of the others... don't worry! You'll experience more than one stall and if you just hang in there with doing the right thing, you'll have a good loss before you know it. Then you'll feel great and keep losing for a bit and then stall again. It's part of the process.

I know it feels crazy when you aren't eating hardly anything compared to pre-surgery but there are these adjustment periods and there's not a lot you can do about it except keep on keeping on. And that pays off, big time.

Now if I could just figure out how to get my hair growing again. I thought I was going to escape the dreaded Hair loss problem but at exactly 6 months it started falling out and my hair is so thin now I hardly have any. OMG, Tiff does it ever start coming back?

Now if I could just figure out how to get my hair growing again. I thought I was going to escape the dreaded Hair loss problem but at exactly 6 months it started falling out and my hair is so thin now I hardly have any. OMG, Tiff does it ever start coming back?

Yep, it grows back. I used Folicure extra care Shampoo (available at Sally's beauty supply or online) every other day. It strips your scalp of build up and allows the new growth to come through. I started losing at 3.5 months out, and it lasted a solid 3 months, but I had new growth coming in before the shedding stopped. I never took Biotin or other nail/hair supplements, just kept up with Multi-Vitamin and used that shampoo every other day.

Yep, it grows back. I used Folicure extra care Shampoo (available at Sally's beauty supply or online) every other day. It strips your scalp of build up and allows the new growth to come through. I started losing at 3.5 months out, and it lasted a solid 3 months, but I had new growth coming in before the shedding stopped. I never took Biotin or other nail/hair supplements, just kept up with Multi-Vitamin and used that shampoo every other day.

That's a new one on me. Haven't heard of Folicure before. I bought Nioxin shampoo, conditioner and styling spray. No help at all so far. I will try Folicure. Thanks very much for the tip. I'm glad to know that you're getting new growth. It's been awhile since I've been online here and last I heard you were still experiencing a lot of fall out. It's a pretty creepy feeling to have such thin hair.

Kerri, have you pooped yet? If not try a glycerin bulb. At about 2 weeks out I got so badly backed up I went to the ER. They examined me, took X-rays, and sent me home without treatment, apparently it wasn't as bad as I thought, but it was as bad as I have ever experienced! I had been taking X-Lax and Miralax but nothing helped that one big blockage that wouldn't budge! (Sorry, TMI I know.) On the way home I stopped at CVS and picked up a couple things - magnesium citrate (which is what they ask you to take if you're going to get a colonoscopy, cleans you out rather violently!) and glycerin bulbs. I tried a glycerin bulb first, and that worked. (Didn't really want to use the magnesium citrate if I didn't have to....) Ever since, I take Miralax every day in my morning coffee, to prevent that from ever happening again, and that works just fine, especially with the Calcium and PPIs we take, which I guess can be a little constipating.

Then really start pushing the Water. Your body needs Water to release the fat. Many times on this board and on OH, people who stall end up breaking the stall by upping Protein and water.

i did it! I lost 5lbs this week!!! WooHoo! i guess the extra Protein shake worked :rolleyes:

SCORE!

I'm glad you post this or I would have. I am 5 weeks out myself this Friday and have seen my scale go from 196 to 198 inn a day when I only eat a little. It makes me fustrated. I am getting stuff read for the southbeach diet in hope to restart ketosis. I'm at my wits end to. We'll ge through it.

im 5 weeks post-op today and have only lost 17lbs. I was down 15 lbs at 2 weeks post-op, at 2.5 weeks i had to get IV fluids which made me gain 5 lbs. i keep looking at everyones weightloss that had surgery after me and most have lost way more than me. :( Im tracking my Protein, carbs and calories trying to keep it around 500-600 cals, 60 Protein and under 30 carbs. i know I'm a slow loser but to see my scale only move .4 in a week and I hardly eat anything just makes me want to cry.

Im having problems when i first get to work, the past 3 days i damn near past out while dealing cards and have to go sit down for a 10 mins and then im fine. not sure whats causing this my mom thinks low blood suger. TMI- Im also having problems with BMs Im lucky to go once a week and then its not much that comes out. Ive tryed maralax doesnt help, 4 days of exlax in a row never went.

Any advice?