Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I took a month off from work. I am supposed to go back on 11-15-10 and I was thinking of asking my Dr. if I can go back slowly 6 hours a day instead of 8 hours a day. I have to drive to work about 25 minutes each way and I do not want to stress myself out with the drive and making sure I have all of my foods with me. I just started working from home this past week, 4 hours a day. If I could take off longer I would but I dont have disability insurance but I am taking FMLA unpaid. If chirstmas wasn't around the corner I wouldn't hesitate another 4 weeks at home.

I could never imagine myself going back to work after 2 weeks. I was still sore in pain, still on liquids. We had major surgery, our bodies need to heal.

My doctor only put out four weeks on my FMLA paper work I could take up to12 weeks paid through my work but my doctor thinks four weeks is enough! I also work on my feet all day and I am scheduled to work 12 hour shift but they usally run over so it will be hard going back the week of thanksgiving and working 4 shifts at 12+ hours each in a row but we will see!!

I was more than ready after 5 days - had surgery on thursday - was back to work the next week with no issues. Its week 3 as of Thursday and I feel great - working out already, went for a long bike ride today, long walk yesterday. My doctor said I would need a week at most

I must selfishly admit that I am hoping for 6 weeks because I have to work holidays in my line work 6 weeks would take care of Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years. I have worked the last 10 years of holidays and I am ready to enjoy the season! Also where I work it is a gluten fest at the holidays and I just want to avoid that.

Honestly, if I had paid time off I would take off as much as they would pay. But I'm self- employed.

I have a Monday-Friday office type of job and took one full week off. My surgery was on Saturday the 3rd of July and I went back to work on the 12th, so I had about ten days to recover which for my type of job was more than enough. My boss and coworkers all knew I had surgery so they were really supportive when I needed a break to walk around or rest, and while they usually bring in all types of food, for that month that I could not eat solids, they were very respectful and just kept the food at thier desks instead of leaving it out on the breakroom table.

Physically I was able to go back to work after that time, but if my coworkers had not been so supportive I don't know if I would have been emotionally ready to go back to work that soon.

Hope that helps you determine how much time off you will need. Good luck with your surgery.

I am just wondering how long some of you got off of work, at first i thought i was going to get 8 weeks but I am only getting 4 weeks off......

I took 2 weeks off. I did not do Short Term Disability from work. That being said I was exhausted after the first week back. Ii will all depend on the type of job you do.

My surgeon suggested two weeks. So me being me, I said I would take one. My surgery was November 1st and today is my one week and I could not do it. I got up, got ready for work, took the kids to school and called my boss on the way home. I am just not ready. I was so exhausted.

I like several others on here however, have the option of working from home some. So, that is what I am doing today. I worked some on Wednesday and Thursday and I will work today. But, my office is an hour drive minimum. My abdomin is still sore and my ab muscles especially on the right side are very sore. That is really the only pain I have. It is my goal to go back to work on Wednesday. I think I will be ready then.

Good Luck to you ALL. I am SOOOO glad I found this site!

2771731.png

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter