Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am just wondering how long some of you got off of work, at first i thought i was going to get 8 weeks but I am only getting 4 weeks off......

I went back on my 5 week sleevaversary but I had been working from home for two weeks prior to that. the 5 week mark seemed really good for me. By that time, I almost felt 100%.

You both got much more time than I did. I got 2 weeks off of work, then I worked from home week 3, and was back in the office 3 weeks to the day of my surgery.

I took 6 days off, worked from home for the next 2 days, and I'm back in the office today. Feeling a bit tired, but it's Friday and I only have a few more hours to go. It would have been harder to return to the office today if it was a Monday and I had to do this for 5 days in a row. I'll be ready for that next week (2 weeks post-op), but not today.

I've had a pretty easy recovery and I've really tried to take care of myself - have been diligent about getting in fluids, walking a reasonable amount, and getting rest. I went to bed early last night and packed up my lunch last night as well. I made sure to give myself extra time to get ready this morning and I'm wearing a pair of pants that are a little loose around my belly (actually, it's a pair of jeans that fit perfectly 2 weeks ago, but are now loose!)

I think this is such an individual thing, though, and it depends so much on your recovery. A week ago, I could have NEVER imagined that I'd be back in the office. Was still very sore, was taking pain meds every 4 hours, and wasn't driving. Fortunately, I have truly felt markedly better each day so I was ready to go today. I'll be in bed by 9:00 tonight, though! Aren't I just a fun Friday night date?!

WOW, I have to go back to work at my 1 week mark and I will be working from home while in the hosptial!! I first two days back I can just chill and don't have to "deal" with anyone but by the third day I'm back into a meeting with the Commander!!

I only work sporadically (I'm a contract graphic designer for a cable training company) and I've had LOTS of time off this year. WOuldn't you know it, as soon as I had surgery, I got a call...can you work? lol. My boss knows about the surgery, and was kind enough to tell other team members ONLY that I had surgery, not what kind. So I'm thinking by next week (hopefully later in the week as that will put my close to my 3 week surgiversary) I will be working. At least it is a sit-down job and I'm sure I won't be working full 8 hour shifts.

I'm feeling almost normal...I still get a twinge when I bend over to remind me of my "wounds" but overall, I'm feeling very good...I can't believe it's only been 2 weeks!

This scares me too. I called my surgeon's office last week to see how long they usually have people take off. They said 2 weeks max. I work 11 hour days and am walking most of that time. I think I am going to take a third week off using vacation time. I don't know if I will be energetic enough to take that on after 2 weeks.

I have a very up and moving kind of job adn 10-15 hour shfts so I took two weeks off, after the first week though I did feel well enough to go back but was glad to have the second week just to rest.

I am just wondering how long some of you got off of work, at first i thought i was going to get 8 weeks but I am only getting 4 weeks off......

Is it your Doctor or work dictating your time off? I am taking FMLA and I hoping the doc will fill the paperwork out for 6 weeks and that I will be able use my disability insurance.

I only took 6 days off work, but I kind of regretted that- it would have been nice to have a few more days of being home in my pj's =)

I had my surgery on Nov 1 and am going back to work Nov 7. I'm bored being home and think I feel good enough to go back. But my doctor said two weeks.

I had my surgery on Nov 1 and am going back to work Nov 7. I'm bored being home and think I feel good enough to go back. But my doctor said two weeks.

You are protected to keep your job with Fmla for 12 weeks per a rolling 12 month period. This does not mean that disability insurance will pay you for that long. The insurance has designated time off that they will pay depending on the reason for going on leave. For example 6 weeks for vaginal delivery or 8 weeks for c-section. Also a lot of policies do not pay you for the first week and only pay 66%. I am lucky on that part, I get up to 90 days at 100% pay if deemed medically necessary. Every disability insurance is different. I would check to see what they cover. Also how long your surgeon is willing to have you off for.