Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Today I started my two week pre-op diet. My doc prescribes a no meat, low fat, high Protein low calorie diet so it's egg whites for me! I can't believe surgery is two weeks away. I am a little nervous, but mostly excited. I think my sweet husband is more nervous than I am and it doesn't help that I've been giving him little "just in case" instructions like where our wills are and the key to our safety deposit. (I can't help it......I'm a planner)

I had about 10 days between scheduling my surgery and the start of the pre-op diet. I've got to admit, it's been fun. We've been on a favorite restaurant farewell tour. While enjoying some of my favorites, I shut my eyes and tried to make a memory of the taste and texture. I know these foods aren't gone forever, but I am ending our love affair and asking if we can just be friends.

This is really going to happen.......I think I'm ready.......how did you experienced sleevers feels two weeks out?

I made a list of foods I really wanted to eat and knew I probably wouldn't be able to eat again (I only had a 1 week pre-op diet- go figure) -- so I ate those. After which, I didn't indulge again because I wanted to get my body ready for the big change.

I was really very okay with the whole surgery idea -- I wasn't nervous until I was wheeled into the OR -- I had done so much research, been on this forum, been watching YouTube videos that I really felt like I knew the ups and downs and insides and outsides of the whole surgery. I think by making my husband watch some of the YouTube videos (he wouldn't watch all) it also helped him with not being nervous.

I really don't regret it at all -- I think the sleeve saved my life (and my husband does too) -- I'm really really thrilled with it :) Good luck with your pre-op diet and let us know how your surgery goes!

Julia,

May I ask? How much of the 50 pounds have you lost since your surgery 2 months ago?

And thanks for the encouragement, it's greatly appreciated.

I lost about 13 pounds pre op, but then gained it all during surgery and the hospital stay (fluids, I think), so coming home I weighed exactly what I weighed going in. (that was a real kill joy). :lol: So I like to say I've lost it all post op too :)

Today I started my two week pre-op diet. My doc prescribes a no meat, low fat, high Protein low calorie diet so it's egg whites for me! I can't believe surgery is two weeks away. I am a little nervous, but mostly excited. I think my sweet husband is more nervous than I am and it doesn't help that I've been giving him little "just in case" instructions like where our wills are and the key to our safety deposit. (I can't help it......I'm a planner)

I had about 10 days between scheduling my surgery and the start of the pre-op diet. I've got to admit, it's been fun. We've been on a favorite restaurant farewell tour. While enjoying some of my favorites, I shut my eyes and tried to make a memory of the taste and texture. I know these foods aren't gone forever, but I am ending our love affair and asking if we can just be friends.

This is really going to happen.......I think I'm ready.......how did you experienced sleevers feels two weeks out?

Now I have the song " Why can't we be friends?" running through my head. I think its a great song to think of when it comes to food.

Lily

haha, oh man the "greatest hits" phase was so freaking awesome for me. I can't even tell you how much sushi I ate. so much. good lord.

I still miss it though! I don't know if sticky rice & I will ever get along again, but MANNN.

Anyway good luck to you! You're at a point where it's both exciting and totally stressing at the same time. Just be nice to your body, is all I can say. We're really good at being mean to ourselves when all we need is a little support :)

Ericka,

Sushi was on our farewell tour. I'm sure it will be part of the post op diet as I love sashimi and you know the rule......protein first.

Thanks for the well wishes.

I know how you all feel. I am on day 8 of the liquid diet. Tuesday is the BIG day for me.

I had EXACTLY two weeks from schedule time to surgery date. Yeah...fast. I took the earliest opening they had. (the next one was the week of Thanksgiving). So...no farewell food tour for me. I went right on the pre-op diet the next day. A little sad...but it won't be forever. :) I cannot BELIEVE how good a hot dog looked today when I was making them for my kids. :rolleyes:

Day 14 (for me) was my turning point. I felt normal again :). First 13 days were tough, but I made it through :)

Tomorrow is my first day of the 2 week liquid diet. Now that is all so real I AM FREAKING OUT! I am having anxiety about money, anxiety about being denied disability, anxiety just because.

I know in the long run I will be happy, but tonight is a little rough.

I know these foods aren't gone forever, but I am ending our love affair and asking if we can just be friends.

lol - I love that!!