Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Breast changes

Have any of you noticed changes in your breast tissue after the surgery (other than loss of size, obviously)? My breasts became super-nodular, almost like a bag of grain or something. I went to get this lump checked out today and the doc actually decided to order an ultrasound, and she also said she felt that my breasts were very nodular. I was thinking maybe it's something to do with hormonal changes due to rapid fat loss, since fat makes a form of estrogen?

Haven't noticed that type of change. Do you think they were always that way, but you couldn't feel the nodules due to the fat tissue? Let us know how the ultrasound goes.

Haven't noticed that type of change. Do you think they were always that way, but you couldn't feel the nodules due to the fat tissue? Let us know how the ultrasound goes.

I agree, it might just feel a little different because maybe a lot of the fat tissue is losing it's way from the breast tissue. I hope the ultrasound turns out fine BBJ - please let us know how it goes.

So far mine are turning into sleeves like my stomach but I remember reading someone else's post who had the same thing happened. I believe her ultrasound turned out okay. Let us know how yours is.

Nancy

So far mine are turning into sleeves like my stomach

ROFL!

There's no history of breast cancer in my family, so I'm not terribly worried. The doc thinks it's most likely a fibroadenoma. The only issue would be if it decided to grow bigger and turn into a tennis ball-sized thing.

Oh my gosh I needed that laugh so bad, thank you! I get sleeved on Tuesday so I havent lost a ton of weight but I have lost 44lbs. and I think 10 of it was in my boobs. I've been describing mine as a withered up baloon that's sat in the sun and lost all it's air. I don't know when all is said and done I just might change my views on breast inplants.

So far mine are turning into sleeves like my stomach but I remember reading someone else's post who had the same thing happened. I believe her ultrasound turned out okay. Let us know how yours is.

Nancy

LOL! Way back when I was just entering puberty the girls in gym class called me "banana boobs" I'll leave the description to your imagination anyway they are back but now pointing straight down kind of like the old lady in the Playboy comments(G)

I have noticed mine do feel different but I just had a mammogram three weeks ago and it was normally so I am stressing about it then again because I have had cystic breasts so they have always been funny.

Nancy

When I lost a lot of weight before...mine became like tube socks. LOL. I am being sleeved on the 9th. :) We will see what they do now. I told dh to enjoy them while they last. LOL. The sweet man said..."I love them anyway they are because I love you." :)

I DON`T WANT ANY!

Have any of you noticed changes in your breast tissue after the surgery (other than loss of size, obviously)? My breasts became super-nodular, almost like a bag of grain or something. I went to get this lump checked out today and the doc actually decided to order an ultrasound, and she also said she felt that my breasts were very nodular. I was thinking maybe it's something to do with hormonal changes due to rapid fat loss, since fat makes a form of estrogen?

Not to hijack your post but is that you in your avatar pic?? If so OMG look at your abs! Can I please have your workout routine? LOL I have a trainer who wants to get me "jacked" but I thought it wouldn't be a good idea....but looking at your pic I'm reconsidering :blink:

Oh yeah, as for my breasts, I had very lumpy breasts before children, not as lumpy after two kids and breastfeeding. My breasts were alwasy rock hard, they honestly looked like implants. Now they are very, very soft and hang a slight bit. I can still feel the lumpy parts here and there but the Dr. said it was fine. I've lost 35 lbs and my breast haven't gotten any smaller WTH!! I thought for sure I'd be down a cup size...but noooooo.

nope nothing like that here, i'm just thankful they are slowly dissappearing! :D

My GYN said I shouldn't be surprised if they started feeling "lumpy" but to keep a very close eye on them doing regular self exams.

Not to hijack your post but is that you in your avatar pic?? If so OMG look at your abs! Can I please have your workout routine? LOL I have a trainer who wants to get me "jacked" but I thought it wouldn't be a good idea....but looking at your pic I'm reconsidering :blink:

Why, thanks! I built up all that muscle mass before the VSG - I honestly don't know how much you can build once you've had the surgery due to restricted eating, as you generally need a surplus of calories to put on muscle. But at the same time, if you think about it, it's not that hard to up your calories through drinks after the surgery. juice, hot chocolate, milk instead of Water can all put you in the 2000-calorie range if you so choose. But on the upside, I don't feel like I've lost much muscle mass after the surgery, either, and I'm generally eating 1000-1400 calories a day (usually 1200 or less) and working out 3-5 times a week. So who knows, if you have the right genetics and eat more, maybe VSG isn't a hindrance to muscle building. It's also important not to do excessive amounts of cardio when you are trying to build muscle, especially when it comes to extensive, steady-state exercises like lots of endurance running - otherwise, you'll just burn it all off. But interval cardio is good (e.g. sprints).

I never really had anything to show for my abs until I started doing weighted crunches on the decline bench. Regular crunches didn't really do anything for me. I set the decline bench at the highest decline possible, grab a 10-lb plate or one 10 and one 5-lb plate and do maybe 12-15 reps of sit-ups with the plate against my chest. Here's a pic of the piece of equipment I'm talking about - http://www.gtechfitness.com/ProductImages/inflight/free_weight/Inflight_Decline_Ab_Bench.png If you want more resistance, you either grab a heavier plate or put your arms behind your head (it will add resistance). I also do an oblique variation where I grab two 5-lb dumbells, one in each hand, and do sit-ups with cross-overs to the side (also on the decline bench). Sometimes I'll get really adventurous and do leg raises on it, as well: http://www.body-mind-strength.com/assets/small_tone_building_abs_photos/decline_straight_leg_raises_finishing.jpg

Sorry, not very good at explaining this, but I hope the pix help. But yeah, that made a huge difference in my abs. I also did competitive boxing at some point, and punching the heavy bag really works your abs, and it burns lots of fat, too - and until that layer of fat on your stomach thins out, you won't see your abs. So I'd say it's a combo of weighted ab exercises + high-intensity interval cardio.

Wow - I'm experiencing this same thing. My breast tissue is sagging so much after losing 60 lbs and now I think I am feeling a lump up in the chest wall up where my left breast used to be. One side has this and the other doesn't. I'm over due for a mammogram and the usual stuff too. My counselor is a breast cancer survivor & is on my back to make an appointment to get this checked out. She will holler at me tomorrow when I see her if I haven't, so I'd better make the call.

I see my surgeon next week and he does other surgeries too including breast lumpectomies so I was thinking of seeing what he thinks. Hope both of our lumps turn out to be nothing.