Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

One week from today

I had my final weigh in today, I lost 3 pounds, with a total of 9 pounds. Not so great but its a start, only 120 pounds to go LOL. I had a complete break down when I got home from the doctors today. I do know I want this surgery but I felt feel so scared. Things after are going to be so different. One day at a time, I guess.

Saturday I start a liquid diet, not bad only two days. Which includes real chocolate pudding (not sugar free) on Saturday, But after surgery for 2 weeks, a liquid diet with my Protein shakes than I can start having 3 oz real Protein. It doesn't have to be blended just cut small. Also a lot of Vitamins and pepsid (I think thats the name). How about your diet? Are you doing okay? I can't wait till it over. Vicki, you were right- they really don't want me to bring to much to the hospital. Talk to you soon, Janine

Your not alone J, we will be doing this together, so i guess that means we are sleeve buddies forever LOL....I dont know why all the docs are different, like i said eat protien Breakfast on sunday and then the old mag. citrate and npo after mid as far as liquids. then i go to 1 week Clear Liquids and the second week is full liq. which includes creamed Soups, v8, protien shakes flavored and then 3rd week is mushies. pureed for 1 wk and then soft solids, scrambled eggs, chicken salad, cottage cheese etc....I also cant wait for it to be over, you can e-mail me anytime @ vslawich@gmail.com, Keep me posted if you want over the weekend and definitly asap after surg...talk to you soon too, vicki

Vicki, thank you so much. I feel more relaxed after being on this forum and hearing from you. I saw you had the lap band twice, up until a month ago I was going to do the band. It seems a lot of people have problems with them. Does already being through gastric surgery help you not be so scared?

I try to respond quick but I have tons of homework to do before the hospital, I'm 42 and in college I do my life backwards.

I'm glad were sleeve buddies I was afraid i wouldn't have one.

Janine

Vicki, thank you so much. I feel more relaxed after being on this forum and hearing from you. I saw you had the lap band twice, up until a month ago I was going to do the band. It seems a lot of people have problems with them. Does already being through gastric surgery help you not be so scared?

I try to respond quick but I have tons of homework to do before the hospital, I'm 42 and in college I do my life backwards.

I'm glad were sleeve buddies I was afraid i wouldn't have one.

Janine

How sweet Janine, well i am your buddy for sure, i also did everything backwards and started college in my thirties, so your not alone. yes, i had the band 2x and i wont miss it one bit, be glad you didnt go for it. My doc told me they will be obsolete in about 4-5 yrs. Its probably good you have a lot of homework, will keep your ming off things...:)

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!!! I am extremely nervous and excited at the same time! I wish everyone all the best. Please let us know how everything went.

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!!! I am extremely nervous and excited at the same time! I wish everyone all the best. Please let us know how everything went.

[/quot

will do, when is your surg. again? :blink:

I think everyone here is feeling the same way. Excited and nervous, I just keep saying I can't want till Wednesday. We will be home forcing ourselves to drink according to other posts I read. I started a liquid diet today,(yogurt, pudding, etc) I am already hungry. Good luck to eveyone doing their surgery this week, please post how you are doing.

Take care Janine