Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Northern/Central california surgeons?

Anybody have suggestions for a good surgeon in Nothern/Central California that accepts Blue Cross PPO? Any help would be greatly apprciatied.

:( I was hoping there would be some suggestions.

I have met with Dr. Cirangle, and if you look at other members of the forum, he and his partner Dr. Jessart are highly recommended. They are at lapbandSF. Their offices are in San Francisco, but I think they operate in a couple of different areas (including Hawaii!) They have an incredible safety rating and I really like Dr. Cirangle when I met with him. He's very straightforward, and answered every single question I asked (and I asked a LOT) patiently and thoroughly. I will definitely go to them if I get approved. I hope this helps!

I have met with Dr. Cirangle, and if you look at other members of the forum, he and his partner Dr. Jessart are highly recommended. They are at lapbandSF. Their offices are in San Francisco, but I think they operate in a couple of different areas (including Hawaii!) They have an incredible safety rating and I really like Dr. Cirangle when I met with him. He's very straightforward, and answered every single question I asked (and I asked a LOT) patiently and thoroughly. I will definitely go to them if I get approved. I hope this helps!

I went to the consult with Dr. Jossart back in September, and would definitely use him or Cirangle. My main issue is a $5700 cost for the 5 year "after care program". With that and my $3000 maximum out of pocket for insurance I would be looking at almost $9000 with insurance! If I could afford the best I would deffinitly go with these guys but I just can't :( So I really would like to find someone with good expirence and a good track record that is not going to brake my already broke a$$. The other surgeon I was looking into is Dr. Edward Felix in Fresno, but I just found out he has VERY few VSG surgerys. A lot of people where I work have had the RNY from the guy complication free, so I think I am going to go to a seminar to talk to the guy and see what kind of vibe I get from him.

If anybody else has suggestions for a good surgeon please let me know. I would be willing to go as far south as Bakersfield, or if there is someone that is just the best in SOcal then I might even give them a try.

sorry I have only heard of the SF group for vsg. ummm, is this postop followup "CARE" package required? For example i plan to move next year.....

There are several Drs in Sacramento. I found these, but you need to do your own research to find out which one is best for you.

I go to UCDavis Med Center Dr. Ali. I think he has just started doing the Sleeve. He has tons of experience with RNY and is the head of the dept. which is a center of excellence. I was told a five year followup is included. My insurance covers most of it, so I don't know how much is self pay.

2221 Stockton Blvd # E

Sacramento, CA 95817-1418

(916) 734-2680

Dr. Paul T. Cirangle

Laparoscopic Associates of San Francisco (Sacramento Office)

1111 Exposition Blvd

Building 700

Sacramento, CA 95815

Phone: 415-561-1310

Alt. Phone: 866-957-3627

Fax: 415-561-1713

Gregg H Jossart - Fellow American College of Surgeons

Contact Information

Laparoscopic Associates of San Francisco (Sacramento Office)

631 Fulton Avenue

Sacramento, CA 95825

Phone: 866-957-3627

Alt. Phone: 415-561-1310

Fax: 415-561-1713

Laura L. Machado, M.D., F.A.C.S.

Sacramento Bariatric Medical Associates

5769 Greenback Lane, Suite 1

Sacramento, California 95841

Contact the Doctor

http://www.locateadoc.com/doctors/bariatric-surgery/ca/machado-laura-374644-sacramento-contact.html

sorry I have only heard of the SF group for vsg. ummm, is this postop followup "CARE" package required? For example i plan to move next year.....

Yes, I was told it needed to be paid in full before the surgery could be scheduled. I live to far from them to go back and forth to there nutritionist, and support groups and crap, so I feel that paying for anything more then the follow up visits is ridiculous.

Anybody have suggestions for a good surgeon in Nothern/Central California that accepts Blue Cross PPO? Any help would be greatly apprciatied.

Hi! I just met with Dr. Wetter in Burlingame and he was A-Frikken-Mazing! And I heard nothing of a crazy fee for aftercare programs :) Hope that helps, I am in Campbell and thats who I am using

<3 Jen

Hey checkout UCSF. I have Bluecross PPO and thats where i'm having surgery on Dec. 14th with Dr. Carter and Dr. Posselt. Here is there Website. http://bariatric.sur...u/about-us.aspx

Jared

Thanks Jared what city are you in? Im in Campbell have you tried any of the support groups?

Im looking for a aftercare place in the are cause mine is way out in burlingame

Hi, my surgeon was Dr. Stephen Patching in Sacramento CA. I had Blue Shield PPO. Had my laproscopic surgery on 12/13 went home on 12/15 - and I feel great. He is no nonsense, he wants to know you are committed. I lost 40 lbs before surgery and 11 lbs. since. Everyone at the hospital ( sutter general) had nice things to say about him and now I am a fan too. Hope that helps.

Yes, I was told it needed to be paid in full before the surgery could be scheduled. I live to far from them to go back and forth to there nutritionist, and support groups and crap, so I feel that paying for anything more then the follow up visits is ridiculous.

Hey this post is dated the end of October - what did you figure out? I also checked out Dr. Machado in Carmicael CA - very proficient. I did not hear anything about 'aftercare' prices. I get my Protein shakes, stick to the plan, excercise. Got not problems. I did some research and although there is not the 5 years of data they like to have on a procedure, this one is 4 years old. Have heard 99% good things and have experienced it myself. So update us on progress.......

Hey this post is dated the end of October - what did you figure out? I also checked out Dr. Machado in Carmicael CA - very proficient. I did not hear anything about 'aftercare' prices. I get my Protein shakes, stick to the plan, excercise. Got not problems. I did some research and although there is not the 5 years of data they like to have on a procedure, this one is 4 years old. Have heard 99% good things and have experienced it myself. So update us on progress.......

Thanks for the info. I've decided to go with Dr. Higa out of Fresno. I went to two seminars in Fresno and Higa's was far more informative, and the hospital that they use Fresno Heart & Surgical looks very impressive. There is no "program" fee, and the folks at FH&S provide the nutritionist and psyche eval free of cost to patients that are accepted by either Dr. Higa or Dr. Boone.

I just had surgery with Cirangle on 12/28 and I live in the East Bay. His office acts like that is SO far away, and they don't want to hassle me with driving over the bridge... I find it very sweet. I did my nutrition consult over the phone to avoid this.

And I though that one of my incisions might be infected so they told me to come on in (they normally have a 2-3 wk check up and I was 10 days out). I met w/ Cirangle and he told me that since I had come in that day to just wait another month since everything was going well.

I wouldn't discredit the follow up. Any doc should want to follow up at certain intervals to see how you're doing and make sure that you are losing weight at the right rate.

The practice in general is great. Cirangle is excellent at what he does (you should see how amazingly small and perfect my incisions are). My only complaint is that he is late for everything!!! He was 2hrs late for my first appt, and then 2 hrs late for my surgery to start. AHHHHHHHHHHHH