Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I fainted in my closet

So I have been having problems with my new tummy. I cant seem to eat really anyting just liquids. I have only been getting down about 40-60g of Protein a day through supplements. I also am on my monthly cycle which is HORRIBLE right now with an untolerble flow. I am 26 days post op and down 34 lbs.

Well last night I was on the toilet and got so nausiated I stood up and went to the door and asked my hubby to get me a suppository for the nausia and I passed out in my closet. I had not ate food just Water, so I wasnt anything I ate.

Has anyone had issues like this? I am concerned. I have a crooked nose now and a lump on my head and a black eye.

Thanks

L

Luvin, please PLEASE call Dr. Aceves and explain to him what is going on. Fainting should not be happening, and you will be doing yourself an disservice if you do not let him know whats going on.

Also, come back and let us know how you're doing.

I agree. Dr. Campos will more than likely call you back. Are you getting plenty of Fluid besides Protein drinks? Besides your Protein Drinks, you should be trying to get 64 oz of Water, crystal lite, juice, etc. to stay hydrated.

Dr. Campos called me when I emailed their office because I felt nauseous. I was in Walmart and I was shocked that he called me. I had expected an email back. I had to go outside to hear him, but he was great. He told me to drink gatoraide or poweraide to get my electrolites (sp?) back up. they both come in sugar free.

When I was so nauseous and light headed that I could hardly walk, when I went to my surgeon he told me to get some sugar and carbs into my body for a few days and boy, what a difference! I'm not suggesting you do that without talking to your doc but some people's bodies can't do without some carbs/sugar. I know that was the case with me.

Good! I will be anxious to hear what he has to say!

Same here! I'm so glad you called. Please let us know how it goes!

I was feeling the same way a couple of weeks out. I started eating very thin cream of wheat with sugar & milk and I felt 100% better.

Good luck.

I almost fainted about a week post op. I had been up doing a lot of walking and moving and then took a shower. I talked to my doctor about it at my first post op and he said that it was probably because of the low amount of calories I was taking in and my my body not used to it. Since it was an isolated incident I should be fine. The only thing I can't think is you said you'd only had Water and no food. I'm still on full liquids and am learning what foods will work for me. I'm not sure what you've tried, but one of my favorites has been watery cream of wheat or oatmeal. I have learned that yogurt is a no go and I still cannot do super cold food. I hope that things get better for you. I agree with everyone else and think you talk to your doctor.

Just a thought...are you taking Iron supplements? With it being that time of month, if you are prone to low iron, that might be *part* of the reason for fainting. If you are currently NOT taking iron, I would definitely ask about that!

I have not hear from Dr. yet but I am waiting. I almost went to the ER last night I also have really bad back pain and I think I have a kidney infection. I just feel like crap period. I know people say the first 30 days are the worst, but I don't see how I am going to feel better I am at 27 days today :(

Call them again. Tell them it is very urgent!

Also send an email. also tell them you need to hear from someone very soon and ask if you should go to the ER

This is nothing to food around with!

I'm sorry you're experiencing this. But you must know you will get better. Don't entertain thoughts of despair. I know it's tough when you're weak and in pain, but don't believe all your fears. I second the thought on Iron. If you were on iron before surgery, you should probably be on iron now. That was an issue for me pre surgery, and post the lightheadedness and dizzyness magnified. I returned to iron supplements, eventhough I was struggling with Constipation, because many times I felt close to fainting. It's worse when your menstruating; we lose iron. Continue calling your dr. But know that you will be ok. Believe it. God bless you.