Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What is your "absolutely not" food?

bread is a crapshoot for me. Sometimes, I can eat it without a problem; other times, even a bite of tortilla or naan makes me uncomfortable.

I have to agree with everyone else, I am 7 months out and I haven't found anything I can't eat. I haven't tried sodas and I don't plan to either.

Ok...I have to ask if anyone has tried popcorn? ? :unsure:

I have had popcorn and had absolutely no problem. I didn't eat very much but it sure did taste good!

Ok...I have to ask if anyone has tried popcorn? ? :unsure:

I can eat buckets of popcorn without issue. It's definitely a slider food, and I only eat it once every couple of months.I waited several months (Like 6+ months) to try popcorn because I knew it would be a slider.

I would have to say bread. It feels like I'm trying to stuff a bowling ball down my throat and than when it goes down, it hits me hard. I get pains from the digestion alone. Not worth it. Everything else to this point has been fine, but I might add that I've lost most interest in food. I'll get a craving for something and when I finally get to eat it, I'll find that I don't want it. It can get frustrating...

I choose not to drink soda, as my surgeon advised against it, and because for me it is a HUGE trigger! It makes me want to eat anything and everything. I have noticed that sugar hits my bloodstream faster then it used to, so I just obviously don't eat it fast or as much, but I enjoyed birthday cake on my BF's birthday this last week. I don't do really well with super simple carbs, especially rice or Pasta, but only because if you don't eat them VERY slowly they grow in your tummy and sometimes you are full before you realize it.

Okay so this turned out rambly! I can eat essentially everything, though I try to make choices that don't hinder my health and motivation. The blessing of this surgery is that you are left with a fully functional tummy, albeit much much smaller!

Best of luck to you!

Anna

I'm almost 5 months. There's nothing I "can't" eat, or that is "intolerable"... but I do find I am more aware of how foods make my body feel now, and so I CHOOSE not to eat certain things. Fried foods or fast food make me feel heavy inside, and lethargic. They are not off limits, but I have gotten to a place where I only have the things that feel WORTH IT to me. I love mozzarella sticks so I still have those sometimes, and french fries are okay if I only have 3-4 of them. But everything else fried I say no to, most of the time... But it truly is a choice for me, because I would rather say no to it than feel that way. Many people don't seem to be as sensitive to how the foods make them feel so this doesn't bother them, or maybe they ignore it. My husband finds he feels the same way with heavy/greasy/fried foods so he tends to avoid them as well.

I guess what i'm saying is nothing "upsets" my stomach, but different foods make me feel different ways and I make choices based on that. Hope this helps some!

I'm almost 5 months. There's nothing I "can't" eat, or that is "intolerable"... but I do find I am more aware of how foods make my body feel now, and so I CHOOSE not to eat certain things. Fried foods or fast food make me feel heavy inside, and lethargic. They are not off limits, but I have gotten to a place where I only have the things that feel WORTH IT to me. I love mozzarella sticks so I still have those sometimes, and french fries are okay if I only have 3-4 of them. But everything else fried I say no to, most of the time... But it truly is a choice for me, because I would rather say no to it than feel that way. Many people don't seem to be as sensitive to how the foods make them feel so this doesn't bother them, or maybe they ignore it. My husband finds he feels the same way with heavy/greasy/fried foods so he tends to avoid them as well.

I guess what i'm saying is nothing "upsets" my stomach, but different foods make me feel different ways and I make choices based on that. Hope this helps some!

You're not alone at all. I guess I should have added to my reply with the same references. Fried foods make me feel deplorable. I rarely ate fried foods pre-op, and now those foods just make me feel "icky". Overindulging in sweets such as cakes, buttercream icing, or heavy fat ice cream really make me lethargic to the point that I need to "sleep it off". I also choose to avoid these foods because I just do not like feeling that way. I do not have any issue with white, simple carbs, or a couple of Reese's cups, or Snicker's fun size bars, but those are definitely "treats" that I do not eat all that often.

I can eat anything. There is not one thing that I can't eat. I do get massive diarrhea if I eat a lot of ice cream, but I do have a weight watchers ice cream sandwich almost every evening. I can eat ice cream, just not very much.

That's a good thing, too.

Anything for me, not a problem I can even eat a subway, or to be accurate 4" of a subway. Sugar (lollies) gives me a hollow type feeling and chocolate makes me feel horrid but I can eat it and in abundance if (when) I really wanted to.

I am four months and one week out.....I haven't found anything I can't eat. There are foods I choose NOT to eat, changes I made months before, some, years before I had surgery. I was not a "coke" girl before. I liked a fountain coke maybe five or six times a year...hardly worth mentioning, so it isn't a problem. Doc says it's a no no forever. I won't say I'll never take another sip, but it's not something that I'm itching to try. They're not good for you, and if I were someone who had a problem with them, I'd never drink another one again, kind of like being an alcoholic....at least that is what it seems like when I read some of the posts!! I have had a few bites of angel food cake and a 'sample' bite of coffee cake at Star Bucks, which was plenty to satisfy me, but I didn't have anything sweet until I was within ten lbs of my doctor's goal. I've been very rigid and very aware of everything I put into my mouth!! My team at my surgeon's office stressed that this is not a diet, it is a way of life. We use this honeymoon period to develop good habits, make changes for life, but it is not a diet. This is all real psychological.....we have to remind ourselves of this. It is not weight watchers or any of those other programs! :)

I am about 3 months out and can pretty much eat anything as long as I don't eat too much of it. Some of the really crappy foods that I was bummed about giving up I find don't even interest me anymore.

15 months out and I can eat anything now. Pasta took a while longer as did bread. Rice is still tolerated in small amounts and dry non-slider foods obviously fill me up more quickly. I tend to leave the crusts off sandwiches but that may be more down to habit, but yes I eat anything and everything now - just in much smaller quantities!