Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5 days post band and tongue is really red

Since surgery will require a general anesthesia, does this mean the patient is intubated? How was recovery from that? I am very anxious about anything being stuck down my throat?

I once had the thrush problem. It was due to some medication I had been taking that killed off all the good bacteria in my mouth. That left the door open for those little yeast beasties to take over and turn my tongue white. My solution was to eat some yogurt with live bacteria cultures in it and not brush my teeth for a few hours. That did the trick :) . Yogurt also helps to restore the balance of bacteria in your gut if you have diarrhea. It won't help if you have a virus or food poisoning. That's my home remedy and of course you should always check with and follow your doctor's advice, imho.

Good luck,

terriho

Since surgery will require a general anesthesia, does this mean the patient is intubated? How was recovery from that? I am very anxious about anything being stuck down my throat?

I had no problems and that was almost 4 years ago. They are making amazing gains in anesthesiology, so it should be even easier for you.

try changing your toothbrush out in between bouts of thrush to keep from recurring. Also.. make sure you finish ALL of the medicine as it was prescribed even if your mouth feels better. Inhaled steroids are notorious for causing thrush. Even the nasal steriods. Rinsing your mouth after using themis a good idea but I would also drink after using to wash it out of your throat. It will spread from your throat back into mouth if you're not careful.

evanesce I take prednesone and I'm also doing ivig treatments every 3wks

this disease effects the mucus membrane and also the skin. I just have

the mouth sores at this time. Once I knew what i had I also thought maybe

my body was rejecting the band but doctors dont think that 27% of people

of mederterranean decent carry this gene and it's a crap shoot as to whether

it will ever come out or not. Thats just my luck..... This disease can be horrible the doctors say I'm very lucky that it has only effected my mouth no

skin lesions. If I'm lucky I will go into remission. Its just that since going on

the steriods I have stopped losing weight. Most people gain 20-30lbs. so I

guess the band saved me there I haven't gained just maintained. Diet is a big

part of keeping it in check. Mostly soft bland food. Band diet is to eat hard

Proteins most meats are too hard for my mouth so its a constant battle.

I had the same thing. as a nurse it went away the sore throat is fromthe breathing tube they put inyour throat, the toungue thing could be thrush, I personally scrubbed my tounuge and rinced with listereine. It gets better, if your doesnt seeu doc.