Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser hasn't a clue what they are doing.

After being told I did not qualify and then I did.

I went to the orientation, had an EKG, Bloodwork ups. Set up my Options classes. I went to the Kaiser Bariatric Dr in Lancaster yesterday and after reviewing my chart he says I don`t qualify because I am 10 pounds under the 40 bmi mark.The Dr. said someone at the Options program screwed up by sending me the paperwork.

I am so tired of this whole process, I am giving up.

Edited by humpty dumpty

What happens if you gained 10 pounds ? I'm not advocating you put your health at further risk, but our weight changes daily... and I think you should raise a big phoo phoo and wear weights to the weigh in.

Don't give up x

I agree that you shouldn't give up. At this point, you should do whatever is needed to qualify for the surgery...including the use of weights.

In the end, you are responsible for your health, not the doctors. You're looking a Bariatric surgery as a means to improve your future overall health. That's worth fighting for. Kaisers company line is "Thrive". What you are doing is trying to ensure that your future life will be a healthier one and that you will THRIVE.

Hang in there ...

Get a height check. I was in the same situation and we checked my height a low and behold-we were using the wrong number. It made the difference!

Hugs humpty! Let me know if you need help with your letter, seriously! DON'T GIVE UP!

Edited by sleeve 4 me
add

I wore 6 lbs of coins in my bra and the heaviest jeans and jacket I could find to BE SURE i was over the weight req'ment. Mine used the First initial weigh in, so whatever they get after that, i don't really care (altho i still wear super heavy clothes so it doesn't look like i lost 8 lbs within a week).

And i'm 5'1, but my appt was first thing in the am and they measured me at 5'2. That would throw off my BMI, so i requested they change it to 5'1 since that's what i really am and if they go back into my med records, i've NEVER been measured at 5'2. ever.

Good luck and don't let them cast you aside on something you 'can beat.'

I had to ware ankle weights plus drink a ton a h2o before one of my apts because I had lost some before I was offically aproved and it worked so that is deffinatly an option. But dont give up you will never regret fighting for what you want/need but you regret giving up!

So today I received a reminder card in the mail for Oct 25th Options program classes! The Dr cancelled it and they still sent one. I should play dumb and show up!

YES!!!! Go by faith girl!!!!

I am going to send you an e-mail..

You should go anyway if your appeal goes through you'll be ahead of the game. I just don't get it I got another mini lecture when I saw the bariatric doctor. I read somewhere that they also use your waist measurements mine was over 42" pre op I carry all my weight on my stomach which is the worse place to carry it. I'll be praying you win your appeal.

You should go anyway if your appeal goes through you'll be ahead of the game. I just don't get it I got another mini lecture when I saw the bariatric doctor. I read somewhere that they also use your waist measurements mine was over 42" pre op I carry all my weight on my stomach which is the worse place to carry it. I'll be praying you win your appeal.

Thank you for the prayers..

I was 46"! My shape sure has changed...

Well Kaiser never canceled me from the options classes. I sent my case manager an e-mail along with my appeal and told her I have gained weight. I asked if I weighed in at the class at 40 bmi do I then quailify?

So far I am update on all the DR visits and tests, hopefully after reviewing my appeal she will say yes! I really don't want to be put off starting the classes while waiting for my appeal to go through. :success1: