Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

im 6 days post op and scared ill never be able to eat anything good again

so im 6 days post op and i feel great finally i never slept last night for some reason i have no idea kind of a tummy ache but drank and felt better, but im scared im having these cravings for good food like iv been craving a greek salad a peice of chicken, flakes of ham mash potatoes etc, is this normal for only being 6 days post op, im scared and worried that ill never be able to eat a sandwich again or chicken wrap from timmies, so for the people that are months post op whats it like can you eat pretty much anything now but just in small portion??? and hows spicy food? i love franks hot sauce and i dont wanna give that up, i cant wait for this 2 weeks to go by so i can have some mashed potato or something im HUNGRY

It's normal to experience this so don't be alarmed. I never really thought I'd be able to eat my favorites, but I have been enjoying everything I have always loved.

Through the first 6 months, my portions were tiny around 3-4oz of food sometimes 6oz. But, now I can eat twice those amounts on certain foods. I definitely do not eat a lot, but I also don't feel deprived.

The best thing about the sleeve is that you can be satisfied with a smaller portion of your favorite if you can wrap your head around the fact that we don't have to eat 4 servings of something to enjoy it.

Hang in there, once you get to puree/mushy stage, you'll feel much better.

Yes,I can eat anything I want. There is nothing that is off limits. I can eat pizza, half a sandwich, steak, pork, etc. I eat whatever I feel like eating, just a much smaller amount than anyone else. I just had 4 bbq ribs.

Yes,I can eat anything I want. There is nothing that is off limits. I can eat pizza, half a sandwich, steak, pork, etc. I eat whatever I feel like eating, just a much smaller amount than anyone else. I just had 4 bbq ribs.

OMG! Eating BBQ ribs again was like an AHHHHH moment for me. B) It's a totally everyday food that tastes great and is full of Protein. Don't know why I didn't start eating them sooner.

My typical diet is Protein heavy with meats and cheeses and supplemented with Protein shakes and drinks. I get rotisserie chicken pieces from the deli or buffet line with a little veggies and it lasts me forever. I still eat very small amounts. But, here are some of the "normal" foods I've eaten or nibbled on in the past few weeks since going to a normal diet on my post op plan: pizza, mcdonald's cheeseburger (mostly just ate the meat and cheese but it was nice to taste a little of the bun), tuna fish (full tilt with onions, celery, egg, etc), hamburger helper, hot wings, chicken nuggets, pecan pancake from Cracker Barrel (yum yum - but could only eat three or four small bites). So, yes, you will totally be able to eat normal foods again.

Thanx guys this helps so much I'm 7 days post op do think of a tryed a pea size peice of meatloaf my husband is a great cooking smelling and looking at it auuuuhhhhh is there anything u guys ate a week post op suppost to be clear fluids only for 2 weeks maybe it's just head hunger

Thanx guys this helps so much I'm 7 days post op do think of a tryed a pea size peice of meatloaf my husband is a great cooking smelling and looking at it auuuuhhhhh is there anything u guys ate a week post op suppost to be clear fluids only for 2 weeks maybe it's just head hunger

Meatloaf would probably be ok once you're cleared for purees AND meats because it's very soft and mushy. Do you have a specific postop meal plan to follow? If so, I would stick with that. The time will pass quickly and you'll be eating better food in no time. If you don't have a diet plan, you might want to check out the Carnegie WLS post op diet.

Here's mine:

http://verticalsleevetalk.com/blogs/educationrulz/646-post-op-diet.html

I'm also starting to feel it.. hungry and want something GOOD and something DIFFERENT. Man the choices are limited on the Clear Liquids stage. I see my doc tomorrow for my followup, so I'm going to see if there are any stage 2 foods that I could start early.. like... tomorrow! LOL! Even some new Soups. I'd be willing to puree them and eat them that way. I think it's normal we are really on a restricted diet!!! Try to get through. Be strong!

I'm still pre-op and (clearly) I really enjoy eating. I'm afraid I won't be able to enjoy food again. I like to say I "eat for sport", although my lap band has already eliminated the fun in that, for sure.

Good to know I'm not alone in my fears.

One thing I really enjoyed when I was on the liquid diet was egg flower Soup from the chinese places. I felt like I was actually eating food instead of being on a liquid diet.

oregon.. i just posted a thread about that last night! funny!

yeah... its nice to feel like we're actually eating "real" food!

I hear you guys 7 days out and food cravings are bad. I want buffalo wings bad!!!! And some pizza not just pizza but the cheese and sauce!!!!! I guess I will stick with my mashed potatoes tonight!!!

Actually, I was allowed string cheese when I advanced to soft or mushy foods. you could always dip it in pizza sauce. Pizza sauce is also good in cottage cheese.

Actually, I was allowed string cheese when I advanced to soft or mushy foods. you could always dip it in pizza sauce. pizza sauce is also good in cottage cheese.< /strong>

I am afraind to add Tomato to diet for fear of acid. They said I could have cream of tomato Soup so if I cant stand it I may try pizza sauce in the cottage cheese. Thanks for the idea.